012

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I warmly welcome all my new subscribers to my little story. Thank you so much and enjoy reading❤

 

 

The warmth of Baekhyun's chest is so comforting. It reminds Jia of the night she lost both her parents. There was this certain guy that embraced her under the cherry tree that night and it feels exactly the same way at the moment.

 

She didn't pull away but remained in his embrace, at least that way she won't have to cry much longer. She let the rock star caress her hair, and soon she finds herself getting calm till her eyes begin to feel heavy.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand doesn't know why he can't bear the sight of Jia crying. He knows he's not supposed to feel the way he's feeling. He's not supposed to have a soft spot for Jia. He's not supposed to be affected whenever he sees her crying or sad. But then, he can't help it. It's almost as if he's the one in pain.

 

After some minutes of caressing Jia's hair, it suddenly went quiet. He doesn't hear her crying, it totally went silent apart from the soft breathing coming from Jia.

 

He pulled Jia off his chest slowly and stared at her beautiful face. He didn't mean to stare, but at the moment he can't seem to stop himself. 

 

She looks so quiet and so innocent while sleeping. Baekhyun made sure his hand is securing her perfectly well, while his other hand caresses her hair off her face.

 

After a minute or two, Baekhyun lay her gently on the bed and pulled the blanket over her body. After making sure that she's comfortable, he turns around to leave, but he makes a halt and looks back at Jia.

 

There's so much going on in his mind. He doesn't know why he gets affected whenever Jia's hot, but one thing he knows for sure is that such feelings are not normal.

 

He heaves a deep sigh and finally leaves the room to join in the party. He smiled when he saw his mother approaching him with a smile gracing her lips. He knows his mother to be a strict woman, but also very lovely. He won't deny the fact that Jia's arrival has really changed his mother a lot.

 

"That's the most beautiful smile I've ever seen." Baekhyun compliments his mother before she pulls him into her embrace.

 

"You're the reason behind this beautiful smile." She praises Baekhyun after pulling away from the hug. "Where is your wife? I can't find her anywhere?"

 

"She's tired, so she's sleeping in her room."

 

"Oh my. I didn't even notice that. I was just so busy over here." Sojin looked around, and she noticed that it's already very late. "It is getting late son. I think it's best we round up the party so everyone can return home safely."

 

"Of course mom. I was about to say the same thing. Please get dad and the rest, I will handle things here." Baekhyun says as he excused himself. He's the type that loves partying all night whenever he's free, but he can't explain why he just lost interest in tonight's party after Jia left the party room.

 

Baekhyun once again did the rightful duty of a celebrity, a CEO, and a son by bringing the engagement party to a close. The guests were indeed pleased with the warm welcome, and they weren't disappointed at all.


 

That night Baekhyun couldn't sleep despite the fact that he's already stressed out. A lot is led on his shoulders as the first son and heir of the Byun family. He has to resume his duty as the CEO of his companies immediately after the wedding and also balance his business life with his musical life. 

 

Not that he's complaining though, but he just feels like it's quite a great responsibility on his own. He closed his laptop and set it on the bedside table since he's finally done with some uncompleted files.

 

He blows out another sigh before walking over to his window side. He stares at the dark sky, observing the way the stars beautify it. He stayed like that for a while before walking back to his king-size bed.

He has to sleep because tomorrow is a long day, and it's his wedding week, so he has to gather as much energy he can.


 

_______________



 

Baekhyun has refused to look Jia in the eye ever since that night she cried against his chest. He doesn't know why he felt Jia's pain that night, he's still trying to figure it out, and that means avoiding eye contact with Jia.

 

His sudden behavior didn't go unnoticed by Jia and she can't really understand what is going on anymore. Each time she wants to talk to him about it, he always walks away.

 

It's a day to their wedding, and Jia is currently in Baekhyun's mansion as per Sojin's request. But, she also wants to know what's going on with Baekhyun. She can't start off a relationship with someone who is avoiding her.

 

She sighs as she turns off the gas cooker before taking off the frying pan. She just finished preparing some fried chicken and spaghetti for herself, since the workers ate everything that was prepared by Mia, a lady that's hired to cook for the workers till the wedding is over.

 

She serves some of the food on the plate, and as she walks over to the fridge to get a bottle of water, Baekhyun walks in. He didn't expect her to be in the kitchen, but then he just muttered a hello before walking towards the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

 

Jia only sighs at his strange behavior. She knows that they're not that close, but they're friends, so why act strange? She walks over to the door and locks it before Baekhyun could make his way out of the kitchen.

 

"Okay, what's going on with you?" Jia asks and stands in front of the rock star. Baekhyun gives her a flat look before looking away from her eyes.

 

"I don't understand what you're talking about, Jia." 

 

"You do, Baekhyun. You've been avoiding looking me in the eyes, and avoiding me as well. What's going on?" 

 

"It's nothing, Jia. I'm just so busy with the wedding preparations, that's all." Baekhyun said while looking elsewhere and it made Jia sad and angry.

 

She's going to officially become Baekhyun's wife tomorrow and here he is, lying to her and he won't even look at her.

 

"Then look at me." She says bluntly.

 

"What?" Baekhyun asked. He looked at her before looking away again. And it made Jia angrier, but she shut her eyes and breathed deeply before looking at Baekhyun.

 

She reached out her hands to his face and cupped his face, before looking at him. Baekhyun was shocked at first at her sudden action, but when their eyes met, he saw sadness in her eyes, and he could sense that she's worried.

 

"What's going on, Baekhyun? Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" She asked without breaking eye contact and at that very moment, Baekhyun felt her pain. 

 

He blinked his eyes before looking deep into Jia's eyes again, and he could feel that she's scared as well.

 

"Are you scared?" He suddenly asked, trying to confirm if what he feels is the truth.

 

"Yes, I'm scared, Baekhyun. I'm scared because you're avoiding me. You said that we're friends, so why avoid me? I'm so worried and it's making me sad. Did I do anything wrong?" Jia asked, and Baekhyun totally became speechless. 

 

How is it possible for him to feel exactly what Jia is feeling? He has never felt this way before, so why is this happening all of a sudden?

 

He looks down at Jia and sighed. She's not at fault, and avoiding her is not the right thing to do, rather he's hurting her.

 

"I'm so sorry for avoiding you, Jia. I didn't mean to make you sad or worried as well."

 

"Then what's going on? Tomorrow is our wedding, and if you act this way I will be left with no choice but to back away from the wedding. I can't do something that will make another hurt for life." Jia says firmly and Baekhyun quickly shook his head, objecting to what Jia just said.

 

"No, that's not it. I want to get married to you because it's the right thing to do. My actions have nothing to do with our union."

 

"Then what is that problem? You know you can always talk to me."

 

"I know, but it seems strange to me as well. I mean, I'm still trying to figure it out, but it's still the same."

 

"What is it?" Jia finally let go of Baekhyun's face, giving in her full attention. "Are you in any sort of trouble?"

 

"No, I'm fine. Just that on our engagement night, I saw you crying and I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest. It was so painful as if I was the one in your place. I know it sounds funny, but that night, I felt a very strong force luring me to you. And when I hugged you, I felt our heart beating in unison." Baekhyun sighs as he can't even believe what he's saying. He's not even sure of what's going anymore.

 

"I felt it too," Jia says in a soft tone while lowering her eyes. There was a hint of sadness in the way she said it, and Baekhyun noticed it. 

 

"You did?"

 

"Yes, I did." She looked up to his eyes and it looked like she was about to say something, but she shook her head and looked away. "I felt your confusion and I also felt our heart beating in unison." She says and Baekhyun's eyes doubled in size.

 

"Wow, so I wasn't going crazy after all. But what does that mean?" Baekhyun asked and Jia suddenly became sad and she lowered her eyes.

 

"I don't know what it means, but when I was 10 years old, a guy once told me that when two people can feel each other, it means they're soulmates," Jia says with a breaking voice, and Baekhyun knew immediately that she was crying.

 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Baekhyun asked and gently lifted her face up. "Did my words hurt you?"

 

"No, not at all." She wiped the tears off her face and smiled. "It only brought back painful memories of my best friend. I was only 10 years old back then when I met him. He was the sweetest person I've ever met, but he died in a plane crash." Jia let out a bittersweet smile and Baekhyun felt sad hearing her story.

 

"I'm so sorry. How old was he? Was he also your age mate?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"He was a teen. He was 15 years old. He told me that he reads a lot of books, so when two people can feel each other, it means they're soulmates, and we were like that. We shared a strong bond and we were able to tell whenever any of us was hurt, sad or happy." Jia smiled as she remembered their good old days.

 

Baekhyun stares at Jia with confused eyes. He knows that soulmates exist, but he doesn't expect himself and Jia to be one. They're clearly different and their opinions are very different.

 

"And do you believe that your friend was right about you two being soulmates?" Baekhyun asked and Jia looked at him with a soft expression gracing her face.

 

"Honestly, I did believe in him back then. It was so real and all he told me was exactly what we were both experiencing. We were friends for only two weeks before he died. As I grew older, I didn't really believe in soulmates anymore, so I don't believe it." She looked at Baekhyun and smiled. "So, please don't avoid me because of that. I think we only experienced that because both our minds were clear of any thought at the moment."

 

Baekhyun looked at Jia and smiled. Of course, she's right about his mind being clear that night, so it's no big deal.

 

"You're right Jia. I'm so sorry for avoiding you and thereby making you sad and worried." Baekhyun apologized sincerely, and Jia smiled. She feels relieved that everything is cleared between them now.

 

"It's alright. I made some spaghetti and fried chicken stew, would you like to join me?" Jia asked and Baekhyun raised his brows with a small smile.

 

"I thought you'd never ask?" He coos and Jia grabs a plate to serve his own, but he stops her before she could serve his food. 

 

"Let's eat together because from tomorrow we'll be living together and besides that, you're my best friend now," Baekhyun says as he picks up a fork and Jia nodded, liking the idea suddenly.


 

_______________


 

It's the day of the wedding, and Jia barely slept. She sits in front of her mirror staring at her reflection. It's actually a big day for her. She could still remember how her mother always talks about her wedding day, and how her father will join in and promise her that he would be the world's luckiest dad when that day comes.

 

Jia sighs and glances at the wall clock. It's past 6 in the morning, and she thinks she's the only one probably awake.  She looked away from the walk clock with a sigh before staring outside the window. She feels sad about the absence of her parents on this special day.

 

"Rise and shine, beauty," Jiyong said as he walks into the room. Once hearing her brother's voice, Jia smiled.

 

She turned around to look at Jiyong, but she was shocked when she saw Dara standing next to Jiyong, smiling softly.

 

"Dara, you're here?" Jia gets up and rushes over to Jiyong and Dara.

 

"Of course, Jia. I won't miss this day for anything. Jiyong came to my apartment at 5 am this morning to pick me up as per my request. I want to be the one to dress you up." Dara says softly and Jia suddenly became emotional. She looked at Jiyong and hugged him.

 

"I was so sad that I couldn't sleep properly last night. I was thinking about my parents, but now I know that with you, uncle, and Dara by my side I'm not alone but complete." She says before hugging Dara.

 

"It's okay, Jia. I totally understand what you're going through because I was just like you. I always felt lonely, but with my Jiyong, dad Jinho and you by my side, I feel like I'm home." She caressed Jia's back like an elder sister will do, and Jia smiled.

 

"Thank you so much. I'm so grateful." Jia says, but Dara waves her off with a hand. Dara is calm but very playful.

 

"Oh please Jia, no thanks amongst family members. Now come, let's make you the most beautiful woman alive. Today is a great day for you, and you need to look like a queen for your king." Dara winks at her, and Jia suddenly became shy, despite knowing that they're just friends.


 

_____________


 

"It's Baekhyun's wedding with that lady, Jia, and you're here drinking. Is this what we've fought all our life?" JungWoo asked in an irritated tone, but Sonia only looked at him before getting up from the bed. He poured herself another drink and walked over to her husband.

 

"Baekhyun said that he's going to divorce Jia after six months and then get married to me."

 

"The ing hell! And you believed him?"

 

"Yeah. I know Baekhyun loves me a lot, and I know that he's going to keep to his promise because that's the kind of man he is." Sonia says while rubbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter