008

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you so much for putting a smile on my face, I'm so grateful. Please don't stop, I want to read your lovely comments, it makes me happy and brightens my day. Please enjoy reading.❤

 

 

 

___________________________________

The moment Baekhyun made his thought known to Jia by requesting they break off the betrothment, Jia tilted her head to the side and looked at Baekhyun, then she smiled.

 

It seems Baekhyun was reading her mind at the moment. She wants exactly the same thing, but she wanted the concert to be over before bringing it up, but it seems Baekhyun can't wait for that.

 

"Great idea. Let's do this after the concert." She coos and walks away. She made it to Sojin with a smiling face and hugged her.

 

"Thank you so much for everything, but I have to take my leave now. I have to finish up some things related to the concert." She explains after pulling away from the hug and Sojin smiled.

 

"I understand dear. My driver will drop you off."

 

"Okay, Mom. Thank you so much." She stayed with Mrs. Byun for a little while before leaving.

 

The moment the driver left to drop Jia off, Sojin decided to have a word with her son, taking the advantage of him being at home. Moreover, she believes everything is alright judging from the smile gracing Jia's face a few minutes ago.

 

She makes her way into the living room, but she was a bit taken aback by the sight at which she met her son. He looked unsettled and confused that he didn't notice when his mother walked in.

 

"Baekhyun, what's wrong? Why the long face?" She asks, but he looked at her and sighed deeply.

 

"It's nothing Mom." He mutters before getting up. "I have to see my manager and settle this whole mess at hand." He turned around to leave, but Sojin stopped him from going out by holding his hand.

 

"Son, what's going on? I hope you're not planning on doing anything stupid?"

 

"Not at all. I just want to inform the media that Jia and I are nothing but friends through a live broadcast." He says but regrets it immediately when he saw the worried expression on his mother's face and not to mention the sudden sadness that enveloped her.

 

"You intend to break off the betrothment with Jia on that broadcast, right?" She asked softly while looking at her son in the eye, and Baekhyun looked away.

 

He can't bear to see pain or sadness in his mother's eyes, but then, he can't also get married to Jia. He just wished everything would go back to normal.

 

"Baekhyun I'm talking to you." She yelled this time and Baekhyun was forced to look at her.

 

"No mom. I don't want to break off the betrothment with her. I just want to clear up this whole lie of a thing, and after the concert, I will make our relationship and wedding known to the whole public. Jia needs her freedom back and I'm doing this for her." Baekhyun lied. He lied just to make his mother happy despite knowing that it will never be possible. He lied to see the smile he loves the most gracing his mother's face, and indeed it happened.

 

She smiled and caressed his face. The news was just too great for her to handle that she kissed his forehead.

 

"Thank you so much, son. You have no idea how happy you've made me. Now go and do what must be done." She encouraged him and he did just that, but deep down his heart, he was sad.

 

He wasn't happy about the fact that he just lied to his mother, and not to mention the games he's playing with her. He couldn't even remember when all this double standard life he's living now all began, and he hated himself for it.



 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 

Baekhyun smiles as he logs out of his Instagram. It's still like a miracle how the fans wholeheartedly accepted his live broadcast regarding the relationship scandal and decided to follow him again on all his social media.

 

The number of his fans has crazily increased over the past few days that Baekhyun is still trying to fathom the reason behind his great success. However, he feels excited about it and can't simply deny the fact that it's all thanks to Jia's advice.

 

He really hasn't gotten the chance to thank Jia for playing a major role in his newfound success and happiness.

He glances at the clock at, 6:30 and he smiles.

It's his big day. The day he has waited for from the beginning of the year, his big concert.

 

Baekhyun sits in front of his huge mirror in the changing room. He has already dyed his hair to silver-gray, all that's left for the hairstylist is to spray it, giving it the last touch.

 

"It's done." The hairstylist informs with a seducing smile while touching Baekhyun's chest. "And you look y."

 

"Thanks, Johnny. Now hands off my chest." Baekhyun gets up and arranges his expensive jacket properly. "I think the red hair I did in Japan suits me better."

 

"It did, but that's perfect for a dark concept and not this love-related one. This hairstyle is just so perfect." Johnny moved closer to Baekhyun, but the rock star stopped him from coming closer by pressing his hand to his chest.

 

"Dude, I'm into women, definitely not your type."

 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now go and make the fans crazy, and rock that waist of yours."

 

"Yeah I will, but I don't rock my waist, I only rock the world." Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the man, and Johnny chuckles.

 

"You sound as if you don't rock your waist when you're having pleasure."

 

"Oh I do, but that's not your business. I'm off." Baekhyun walked out of the room, only to bump into Jia who seemed to be in a hurry.

 

"There you are." He says as if it's a normal thing, and he was even smiling at her.

 

Jia was taken aback by the way he sounds, but she decides to forget about it. They have barely seen eye to eye over the past few days. They've been very busy with their personal issues that they didn't have time to talk one on one, moreover, there wasn't much to talk about.

 

"Were you looking for me?" She asked while looking at him.

 

"Yes, I was."

 

"Alright, I'm here now. What is it you want to talk about?"

 

"Nothing much actually."

 

"So, should I get going?"

 

"No. I just want to say thank you for the advice you gave. It really saved me a great deal."

 

Jia smiled. "It's okay, I'm glad it actually worked. I have to go now since I'm done here with my job." She said calmly and made an attempt to leave, but Baekhyun stopped her from leaving by holding her hand.

 

Jia was taken aback by Baekhyun's sudden action. She looked at the hand Baekhyun was holding and smiled.

"The hall is filled with your dear fans, media, and some certain people who are just here to gather more news about us being a thing. So I suggest you don't touch me this way, I don't want any more issues."

 

Baekhyun quickly withdraws his hand from Jia's when he realizes his action. "I'm sorry about that, I guess I was just too carried away with everything." He says and looks at her handbag before looking at her face. "Are you not staying for the concert?"

 

"Um, no. There's something that needs my attention urgently. Sorry, but I have to leave."

 

Baekhyun frowned. No one has ever turned down his invitation. This is something people pay a huge amount of money for, just to attend his concert, and now Jia just refused his offer for god knows what.

 

"Oh, I see. Well, remember that tomorrow is the day we'll break off our betrothment."

 

"I didn't forget."

 

"Alright, excuse me then." Baekhyun walked away, and Jia did the same. It was so obvious to her that the rock star was upset about her refusal to attend his concert, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter