Friends [A Prologue]

Broken Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Eunha?”  The pair of girls chattering on the separate side of the classroom were getting on Eunha’s nerves, but she tried not to let it phase her. She was much more distressed that her childhood friends–SinB and Umji–might take some course of action towards the pair. Luckily for her, they didn’t move from their seats—SinB  looked ready to pounce at any second though.

Eunha scanned the two who remained at the counter, and when she was positive that they wouldn’t leave, she concentrated on the pair at the alternative sector of the classroom; curiosity prevailing over her.

“You’d think she grew up in a broken home.” One girl spoke.

“Or without parents. And don’t forget about her being a total sociopath.” The girl next to her continued. 

She wore heavy makeup—like one of those scene girls trying to recreate her primary school years. How pathetic, Eunha thought to herself.

“Aw, how sad would that be if it were true? She’s probably got a wonderful life, just pretends to be this baddie.” The first girl continued. Eunha bit the inside of her cheek as she anxiously watched SinB getting riled. SinB’s hands were trembling from the rising anger towards the women. Eunha hovered her hand over the younger girls, tightening her grasp as soon as their hands made contact. Her attempts at consoling her friend weren’t working. She cleared .

“SinB-ah… it’s okay...” Her voice was gentle, as if it were difficult to speak. This made SinB more furious as she soared out of her seat like a ravenous tiger ready to pounce on her prey.

Umji’s chuckling snapped Eunha out of her stupor, and in an instant, aimed for her friend’s arm to hold her from pouncing on the tormentors. 

“Some delinquent! Can’t even defend herself!” One spouted.

“She needs her bodyguard to do it for her.” The other followed. 

It was clear to the victim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter