Aftermath of an Aftermath

Just Friends!

“Who is this?” Minjoo asks Nako, who has a familiar but at the same time unfamiliar girl sitting beside her.

 

The stranger smiles brightly at Minjoo, showing off her dimpled smile that makes others swoon, but not Nako, Yuri, Minjoo, and Hitomi. If they are immune to Nako’s and Minjoo’s dangerous full-blown charm, then nothing less will affect them.

 

Well, maybe only slightly.

 

“Yujin, at your service!” Yujin introduces herself at the same time Minjoo releases a gasp. She tilts her head. “Did I change too much for all three of you to forget me?”

 

Yujin is Nako’s younger sister by two years, but Yujin skipped a grade during grade school. For half of the year, she was in China, doing a student exchange with her friend Jang Wonyoung. She only returned a few days ago.

 

“Ah,” Minjoo grins. “You’ve gotten so big and I can’t recognize you without those glasses.” Minjoo chooses to sit beside Hitomi, facing Yujin; but she doesn’t even look at Hitomi, even when Hitomi is staring intensely at her. “How’s China?”

 

“Interesting,” She says. “Wonyoung helped me a lot!”

 

“And where is she today?” Nako’s turn to ask, glancing around in search of the bunny that likes to act weird around them. She doesn't know why, though.

 

“Absent. She’s a little sick yesterday. I think she’s recovering now.”

 

“Okay.” And then they returned to uncomfortable silence.

 

Yuri squints. Then, she smacks Hitomi. 

 

“What the hell!”

 

“Don’t hurt my baby like that!” Minjoo scolds Yuri, but somehow it lacks the usual hype.

 

“You and Minjoo,” Yuri begins, unamused. “Both of you have been acting strange since you are dating Dongpyo.”

 

“But I’m not dating Dongpyo!” Hitomi sighs, cheeks pink. “It was a friendly date!"

 

"Well, you're oozing that I'm taken aura, not gonna lie. And the last person you hung out with except for us was Dongpyo."

 

"Well, uh," Hitomi blushes harder. Everyone stares at her because the Honda Hitomi is blushing?! "I’m actually dating someone else…”

 

“You’re joking.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Did he come from imagination?”

 

“No, she doesn’t.”

 

All eavesdroppers almost stumble back in shock. A she?!

 

“Don’t tell me,” Nako nervously pointed a trembling finger in Minjoo’s direction. “It’s her?!”

 

Minjoo gasps dramatically. She looked shocked as well.

 

“No!” Hitomi hisses. “Wrong Kim!”

 

“What Kim?” Chaewon, who once again popped out of nowhere, asks curiously. She circles her arm around Hitomi’s shoulder and kisses Hitomi’s forehead once the younger girl turns to look at her. “Hi, babe.”

 

Silence, then, uproar.

 

“SSAMBBANG!!!!!!!!!!”