Morning Routine

Just Friends!

Hello, my name is Honda Hitomi.

 

I’m in my second year of High School.

 

And right now, I’m on the daily task of waking up my best friend.

 

I ring the doorbell of Minjoo’s home and I don’t need to wait long for Minjoo’s mother to open the door, welcoming me with a bright smile so similar to Minjoo.

 

“Good morning, Hitomi!” I bow, giving Minjoo’s mother my utmost respect while giving her my most disarming smile. “Good morning!” I greet back as she lets me inside.

 

Minjoo’s mother starts to rattle about her daughter and asks me to just go upstairs to wake her up. I answer that it’s my daily duty to drag Minjoo from the land of dreams. She looks happy, so I doubt Minjoo ever told her my method of waking her up to her mother.

 

Anyway, I climb the stairs towards Minjoo’s room, open the door as softly as possible, and slip in.

 

Hah, Minjoo is still sleeping. But she answers my call.

 

“Wake up,” I say, poking tips of my toes to Minjoo’s . “Come on dumb frog, we’re going to be late.”

 

She groans and turns, facing her sleepy and drooling face to me. “…Five minutes…”

 

“Okay…” well, that’s what she expects, right? Unfortunately, I’m not going to give her that.

 

I press the tip of my elbow to her thigh and she jolts, sitting up immediately with a scream. I can imagine the electrified feeling because Minjoo does that a lot if I ever napped during classes.

 

I glare at her. “No five minutes-“ my ranting got cut off because Minjoo suddenly engulfs me in a hug and pulls me to her bed. And as if hugging me isn’t enough, Minjoo climbs on top of me and just… lays there, suffocating me.

 

“Get off me you overgrown toad!” For someone so skinny, Minjoo is sure heavy.

 

Minjoo dares to purr and snuggle. “Comfy~”

 

“Wake up!”

 

“No!”

 

“Wake up!”

 

“Hitomi do you-“

 

There is a comical moment where Minjoo’s mother locked her eyes with me, with Minjoo, and how she dramatically and slowly closes the door while Minjoo bolts away from me, screaming, “I CAN EXPLAIN!”