One

Strong Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's ironic when you think you know someone after talking to them for a few months and think they are good; yet you start to feel a bit uncomfortable knowing something doesn't feel right anymore.

It had only been a few days since Eun called off her relationship into a break. Things started to change, she wasn't sure if it was her or him. Or it could've been both of them. It was confusing. She ignored that feeling and those little voices telling her that something wasn't right.

It was until one night she stayed up watching a new show on her Netflix after her shower and in her bed. Her phone went off a couple of times and when she saw the messages, she had enough of him being persistent with her.

Eun sighed slouching on the dark gray velvet sofa that was L-shape munching away on some cheddar goldfish as her eyes were glued to the TV watching Riverdale Season 4 on her friends Netflix account while he was out of town.

The apartment she was in actually belonged to him, but he let her stay over from time to time to babysit the place or study when her dad was being loud watching his own television in his room. She needed quiet place to study for exams while in college or just to take a break from her routine from searching for a job.

The apartment was her Haven for practically anything. At times, she wished she just moved in and not go home. Half of her things were already in the drawers, closet and in the bathroom. But she felt bad living for free and it would only be fair if she helped by paying on essentials.

Eun heard her phone buzz since it was on vibrate and stared at the name on the screen.

Rory BF

Miss you~

She rolled her eyes and slid the notification to the side and flipped her phone over. She heard the voices on the TV that belonged to Betty and Jughead talking about Brett and some secret society in Jughead's new school.

Does he not know what a 'break' means?

- - -

Back in February, Eun was suffering the internet looking for an online game to play. She was interested in learning something new that could be fun. She had seen those fantasy Chinese online games and wanted to see if there was one like that. Of course her Chinese was rusty since the people she knew were working and she didn't want to bother looking for apps on her phone.

She preferred being taught in person and learn the of each character. She had been taught since high school by her two friends who were cousins. But after high school, they got modeling jobs and it kicked off their careers.

After searching for about an hour, she stumbled across an online zombie game called "Zombie X." It seemed interesting and a challenge. She registered and verified her email for the game so she could look around and learn the ways of the game.

Her name was Dia ZaneXX.

For a moment, after she signed up she could have sworn she didn't add the double X. She clicked on the word that said "Dead" on the left side column and saw other players that either had "XX" or "XY".

What does that mean?

She pondered on the question for a while as she looked around the game. She had some money and some healing properties. She didn't understand what it was for or what to do. She clicked on everything and read.

The rules of the game.

How to play.

How to get a weapon.

How to travel to places.

How to level.

How to help someone.

How to gain more money and healing properties.

And importantly, how to kill a Zombie.

She followed the rules and decided to search for a display picture. She didn't have one yet and figured it was the next move to do. She hadn't thought of what her display picture would be but an idea popped in her head and smiled. She knew exactly who she wanted to put.

She had been bingeing on the show The 100 and Lexa had to be her favorite character. She found a gif that had Lexa covered in blood with her eyes painted black with three lines on each side of her cheek. It was her signature mark as a leader.

Eun smiled and put the picture up.

Usually when entering a new game, its normal for players to get addictive and play all hours of the night and during the day. Eun had been little obsessed with Zombie X for over two weeks and she couldn't stop. She did meet a few people who were recruiting her to be on their Teams but so far, she declined everyone and wanted to stay independent. She didn't want to be tied down to a Team and follow rules.

At least not yet.

Eun wanted to be stronger and better than making the same mistakes. She didn't know who to ask but to her surprise one day, she got a message from a person by the name of Jax MorganXY. He gave her a compliment on her display picture and to be polite, Eun replied back with a thanks.

That's how their conversation started and how they became friends.

They spoke for hours.

He helped her by answering her questions on how to get better and kill Zombies. She enjoyed his company and he always made her laugh.

Throughout the week they had stopped talking about the game and started talking about stuff outside the game. They spoke out their interests, likes and dislikes, music, favorite foods, pets, education, jobs and anything else that could come to mind. It was interesting how they had a lot in common and they were the same age, lived in different places but the same country.

Eun lived in Vancouver and he lived in Toronto. Both places were in Canada just about 2,000 miles away from each other.

Then again, the online game had people from all over. United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, the list goes on.

Then there was something else that Eun noticed while playing the game which was kind of weird yet ok. People were role playing like couples and you could get married and be double teamed together. Eun had seen role playing but in a Chinese drama called Love O2O which was cute and was amazed at how fast people use their fingers clicking the keys on the key board and the mouse on the side.

The fantasy game itself looked fun. The role playing part not so much. Feelings get involved and someone always ends up getting hurt in the end.

As Eun was getting better in the game her conversation with Jax MorganXY continued. She finally got him to tell her his real name. Rory Malachi. It had a nice ring to it. Of course in return, Eun had to tell him her name.

At first she typed Silver Kim since that was her name. Eun meant Silver but only close family and friends call her "Silver". She didn't want to give Rory that name. So she took a moment and gave him another name but it was her English name.

Stella Kim.

Stella means Star and usually stars in the night sky are a bright silver. Eun smiled at her cognitive skill and erased Silver and put Stella Kim and hit send.

If she and Rory got closer, she would tell him her real name but that would take work because she doesn't give in easily. It takes time to gain trust and for him to earn what he wanted to know. But sometimes in their conversations, she could tell he was flirting with her and he gave off hints that he liked her.

Eun never questioned him because she wanted him to be ready and tell her the truth honestly. But he never did, he just continued to flirt with her. In ways, she flirted back but it never meant anything until one day he gave her butterflies. They weren't role playing or anything. They were just talking about how awesome they each are and aren't taken.

There was a reason why Eun was still single but he didn't need to know that. At least not yet, she had to wait for the right moment. She asked him the same question and he replied back saying he had a girlfriend but she used him to show off. There was no feelings back to him. It was all a lie and fake.

Eun had a feeling as to why he was placed in that situation and it was the same reason as to why she said no to guys in high school and the modeling agency. Sometimes making a difficult choice is the best choice for yourself. There will be regrets but you have to live with them and move on.

That's how Life works.

Time flew by, a month had passed and Eun came to a decision with Rory that maybe they should talk outside the game. But there was no way she was going to give out her number. She looked through her Play Store and found a texting app called Text Free: Free Text Plus Call. The great thing about the app was that Eun picked out her false number and sent Rory the number.

It wasn't that she was lying to him, she was just being cautious. With things happening around the world she wanted to be safe. It was the best choice she could do for her and him. She knew that things were becoming more with Rory. She could feel it since she got those butterflies in her stomach and he made her smile like a silly girl having a crush for the first time.

He made Eun feel appreciated, cared for and she felt important to someone. Not that she wasn't important to her family and friends. It was a different feeling that she felt when she spoke to him. It made her happy to get a message from him and when she saw a picture of him, dropped.

Rory was good looking and attractive. He is sweet, funny, caring and likes to joke. What's not to like? He had dark brown hair, light skin, heart shaped face with a sharp jaw line that went all around with round eyes. He could pass to be another Jeon Jungkook.

As Eun stared at his picture she realized why he said his last girlfriend only wanted to show him off. It was because he is handsome and attractive. She felt guilty knowing she was the same as his last girlfriend. But in ways, it wasn't the same. Eun grew to like Rory before she knew what he looked like. That was the difference.

In return, Eun sent a picture of herself using a Snapchat filter with Teddy Bear ears and nose and sent it to him.

He replied saying, "Oh my god you're beautiful! Will you by mine?"

The response made Eun stared at her ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter