One

starry night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My hands have been a bit cold, spring is here already
Dreamy breeze leave its mark at places
 
It's different than usual, I like it

Will tomorrow be a little different? 
 
- Starry Night / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                   ***
 
The sun was about to set in a few minutes, but Byulyi was still sitting on the pier. Her head was leaning onto the left side of the railings. 
 
Her finger traced the mouth of the bottle as she thought of someone important to her; someone close to her heart. 
 
Byulyi's eyes were tired of crying every single day since she left. Her heart never beat the same pace after she left Byulyi. 
 
The woman released a loud sigh, keeping herself sane even if she's close to lose it as day passes by. She glanced again at the setting sun and quietly bid her goodbye. Byulyi promised to go back tomorrow. 
 
She closed her eyes and she was not surprised when her face flashed inside her head. Byulyi smiled bitterly. When will I see you again? 
 
Byulyi got up and walked towards her house like a zombie. She lost her half when she left her, and that's why she lost half of her energy, too.
 
Her doorknob felt cold; it matched with her heart. Even if spring has already started, everything around me is cold. Byulyi's life would never be the same without her sun.
 
She went straight to her kitchen and opened another bottle of beer. Byulyi drank the bitter liquor without stopping as she closes her eyes. It closed tightly after she swallowed the last drop of it. 
 
Her eyes wandered around her house absentmindedly. Byulyi's dark orbs started to water as her mind played the memories of the past. 
 
Byulyi counted one to one hundred; it was her way to distract herself from the memories that were starting to eat up her system and continuously breaking her heart into pieces. 
 
She gasped for an air as her chest twitches. A bitter liquid lingered inside , minutes later, she found herself kneeling in front of the toilet bowl and releasing the bitter liquor. 
 
Byulyi coughed before reclining her back against the cold wall of the bathroom. She groaned when she her head throbbed furiously. 
 
"This is nothing compared to..." Byulyi took a deep breath. "...to the--" She stopped muttering words when her phone rang. She crawled towards the sofa and tried to search for her phone. 
 
Byulyi didn't bother to know the caller. Ever since she left her, Byulyi stopped assuming that every single call was from her. 
 
"Unnie?"
 
It was Wheein.
 
"Are you drunk again?"
 
She smiled softly when she sensed a sad voice in her friend's voice. 
 
Byulyi cleared .
 
"Of course, not,"
 
Wheein scoffed. 
 
"Liar." 
 
Byulyi laughed when Wheein caught her. No one knew how destroyed she was, but Wheein and Hyejin were an exception. 
 
"You got me there."
 
"You know the consequences when you drink liquor, Unnie. Can you handle it?"
 
"I can, plus, dreaming about the past after drinking is not going to make me forget about it. It makes me remember every single detail about it. It's just that, the liquor adds more pain."
 
The other line was silent for a whole minute. 
 
"It don't make sense,"
 
"I need to feel the pain, Wheein-ah,"
 
Wheein's voice broke. 
 
"Why?" 
 
"To make my heart numb."
 
"Unnie..." 
 
Byulyi ascended to the second floor of the house and went to her bedroom. She immediately lay down on the soft mattress. 
 
"I'm going to sleep, Wheein-ah. See you soon."
 
Then she ended the call. 
 
She sighed when a teardrop fell from her eye. Byulyi took a deep, shaky breath to suppress her sobs. 
 
Her eyes automatically shut and she knew what would happen next.
 
                                                                   ***
 
Byulyi was playing PlayStation 4 alone inside their house. She heard about a family that would move in beside their house. She felt ecstatic about it and couldn't help but smile when she imagined playing with their daughter. 
 
For the fourth time, Byulyi glanced at the said house from their window. She was waiting for the family to arrive and even made her mom make a homemade Italian pizza. 
 
Byulyi got up from the bed earlier than usual. Her mom was surprised when she saw her daughter descending to the stairs, flashing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter