Chapter 8

Once in a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE RETURN OF THE BLUE MOON GIRL

 

“Alright, Eugene, let’s restart with your sparring practice and remember to adjust your gear first.”

 

They soon spiralled into a fast paced game, different from their usual slow but accurate games.

 

Now, Eugene had managed to corner Miss Lorraine into a critical position and with that, she lunged forward, with her foil ing forward. She scored her final point, securing a win for the final bout.

 

“Alright, well done, Eugene. I must say you have exceeded my expectations today, and I hope this will keep up in the future sessions. As a treat, I will allow you off earlier today. Have a wonderful day ahead, Crown Princess Ahn Eugene.” Miss Lorraine's muffled voice came out beneath the silver fencing mask.

 

“Back to you, Miss Lorraine, thank you for the wonderful session held today.” Eugene said in return.

 

“My pleasure, Ahn Eugene”

 

Princess Eugene made her way back to her room, greeting the few servants that she passed by along her way.

 

As the months passed as Yujin evolved into a new identity, Palace Elysian had witnessed its own transformations too.

 

From human servants slowly being fired one by one and being replaced promptly by humanoids, which looked eerily like real humans when they were in fact robots shaped to look like humans.

 

Eugene had very much preferred the little droids that swarmed round the palace, despite how slow it was over the humanoids.

 

Sometimes, she would greet one out of habit but would realise to have it completely ignore her, unless someone commanded one for something.

 

Aside, from these changes, Eugene witnessed her siblings transform into young, mature teenagers. From Yuri and Minjoo lengthening, and their prominent facial features starting to appear, needless to say that they have indeed matured well and so did their behaviour in the castle. 

 

Yuri grew out of her passion for Virtual Reality games, after picking up several activities forced upon her by Queen Hyewon to train her to oversee the internal affairs of the country, in which one of them involved her having to oversee the Royal Military Training. 

 

The first time that Yuri came back from overseeing the Royal Military Training, she wore an expression in which Minjoo could only describe her as being a love-sick fool.

 

The two older siblings often pestered the younger one, trying to force out the name of the lucky person that had caught her attention. However, Yuri held through and kept sealed shut by saying that she couldn’t catch a glimpse of the lucky person's name tag each time.

 

It was a big deal to the older girls, for as far as Minjoo knew, Yuri never really had any crushes on anyone, be it major or minor, and this was certainly a big deal for them.

 

Meanwhile, for Minjoo, there were plenty of suitors coming round to confess their supposed love for her Aphrodite-like beauty but never an ounce of the way she carried herself. 

 

They merely looked at her outer beauty compared to the inner one, which Eugene and Chaewon collectively agreed was so exquisite that it could perhaps even make Aphrodite herself come back from the dead and cry over Minjoo’s beauty. 

 

Minjoo had never left a single complaint, always looking forward to presenting herself beyond everyone’s expectations and worked on every single visible flaw within her, making herself fit for someone to oversee the external affairs of the country.

 

Meanwhile, the Crown Princess had years of training that her younger siblings went through, under the span of a few months, mercilessly drilled into her. 

 

She could only finally breathe, when Queen Sakura deemed her as someone fitting to take over her and to be someone who would oversee internal and external affairs alongside her siblings.

 

The Crown Princess had her changes too, with her growing significantly taller than what reports stated. 

 

However, the Queens took no heed to this, brushing this aside as she grew up in a new environment which supplemented her growth further.

 

Furthermore, she grew out of the stubborn shell of refusing to be Ahn Eugene and finally accepted defeat after a certain incident which rendered her past family to be placed in a critical position.

 

Now, Eugene retired back to her apartment, but just as she was about to plop her head down onto the fluffy white pillows, a message alerted her.

 

FROM ANONYMOUS:

 

30 May 2045. 

 

Yours sincerely, B.M.F.

 

Eugene recognised the the initials as the ones that someone had always wanted to use whenever they met over the course of the years of her identity as Lee Yujin.

 

It was from the blue moon girl that she cycled with every blue moon.

 

But, a million questions were running through her mind? How did she get my number when the cybersecurity team changed it under the pretense of providing additional security on my privacy? How can I meet her when I'm locked behind the vast walls of the palace? How can I even go past the numerous guards that line the place? Is the person that sent me this even her? What if it was someone who knew about my past rides with her and is trying to impersonate her? Could she even respond back to her?

 

Eugene frowned over the numerous possibilities in which this meeting could possibly go wrong but was interrupted by a knock on the door and a monotonous voice informing her of dinner.

 

Eugene stripped herself of her fencing suit and dressed in a simple velvet red dress as she always had done so for the countless nights she spent in this Palace, and sprayed on a minuscule amount of cinnamon perfume to cover up her sweat.

 

She made her way down with her hoverboard, following suit behind her sister, Minjoo’s hoverboard.

 

It arrived calmly to a stop and they alighted and made their way into the dining room where their parents were waiting patiently for them.

 

“Good evening, Eugene and Minjoo. Have a seat as we await for Yuri to return from her rest. We have important matters to discuss over this upcoming lovely dinner so do listen attentively for I won’t repeat it again.”

 

Then, the door to the dining room swung open revealing Yuri who hurriedly rushed, with an apologetic look strewn across her face.

 

“Good evening Mother Sakura and Mother Hyewon, I apologise for being late for I had to greet a Royal Government Official along the way.”

 

“Oh, it is alright, Yuri. A Royal Ahn must alway know their manners before attending  to anything. Do have a seat and enjoy this lovely appetiser prepared by the Head Chef, Mrs Sim, today?” Queen Sakura lifted a robed arm to the direction of Yuri’s place on the table.

 

“And, may I ask who you met along the way, for there were no general meetings held today, Yuri, dear?” Queen Sakura piped up as her wife seemed eager to dig into the appetiser of the night, Bruschetta.

 

“I couldn’t catch his name but he said that he was the Minister of Defense” Yuri replied as she faced her siblings who were starting to dig into their meals.

 

‘Oh, that must be Mr Dennis Lim. But I wonder what he was doing here at such a time where we fill our bellies which have been drained by our brains? But anyways, qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter