Five

Way back home

Though Sehun and I promised each other that no one couldn’t know about us, we told Kai.

“Do you know that he is SM’s trainee?” I asked Kai.

He looked confused then he sighed. “I know. He told me not to tell you. He said that he wants to tell you by himself.”

“I ended up knowing that he is a trainee from IU. I think all 11-4 kids know it better than me,” I pouted.

“Don’t be like that,” he pinched my nose. “They don’t know the details. I bet you do.”

I just smiled. Kai and I became closer after that. If something was going on between me and Sehun, I went to Kai for advice or just told him the story. He was a good listener and always tried to be neutral.


Five months after that I asked Sehun to break up. The reason? My inferiority complex. I couldn’t keep up with him being a trainee that would debut and become famous. He didn’t ask me for anything. He never mad at me. He often said sorry because of his busy training.

“I think it’s the time for us to break up,” I texted him. I explained to him that I wanted to focus on my study and he should focus on his career.

 

I felt sadness all over me.

“Kai!” I called Kai. “I have just asked Sehun to break up!” I cried.

“What? Why?” Kai asked on the other side but I couldn’t answer him, I just cried.

Sehun kept trying to call me but I didn’t answer. He tried to talk to me at school but I avoided him. He asked Kai about me but I told Kai to not tell anything to Sehun. I sometimes regretted my decision but I wanted to break up at that time.


My second year of high school was so freaking fun though sometimes I remembered Sehun. My class was rock. I got to meet so many good friends. Also I decided to work on my grades and study more because I wanted to go to SNU Business School. I participated in some business competition to make a better resume.

I almost forgot my heartbreak until final year. After the final exam, Sehun made his debut and he started to text me again.

“I will be busy having a tour after this,” he texted me.

“Let’s meet up before you go?” I texted him. “I am going to the park for a jog. Want to join?”

He didn't reply to my text. Whatever, I had to jog anyway.

“Where are you?” he texted me.

I finished my second lap when I saw his text. I sat at the nearest bench near the playground, I told him. I saw him running.

“Hi?” I said awkwardly. We never had a proper meeting after we broke up. Sometimes, we just met at the hallways, smiled, enough.

He was panting. “Hi? It’s been a while.”

“Did you run from home? Or what?”

He nodded. “I will leave for Beijing tomorrow.” I nodded. “Do you think it is possible for us to get back together? Have a long distance relationship because of my tours?”

Wow, hold on. “What?”

“You know, I still like you Suzy.” He looked at me. “I don’t want to lose you.”

I got accepted to SNU Business School, basically, I would just stay in Seoul while he had his tours. “Let’s try!”

Once in so many up and down of my relationship with him, I never regret my decision to have a long distance relationship with him. We texted each other to start and end the day, had video calls once in a while and sometimes he sent me videos of him singing for me.


💌

Yeay double update!

I will be on break after this because I have work to do. Maybe in 2 weeks I will be back.

Thank you for reading this story, all your support means a lot for me.