The Prepared Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where are you off to?”

Kelsi looked at your appearance and then at Ayla’s quizzical expression. She grinned. “Y/N has another date.”

“What number is this?”

“The fifth one,” you admitted with a smile, searching in the small dish on the kitchen counter and letting out an aha when you found the missing pair to the earring you had put on before. After fastening it, you turned to your roommates and blinked expectedly. “Well, how do I look?”

“What’s the theme of this date?” Ayla enquired as you smoothed down your floral dress.

“Junmyeon has invited me over.”

“Over to where?” Kelsi suddenly asked as Ayla stood up and approached you.

“To his home?” You nodded at the guess and your friend whistled. “What happened to the woman I was praising for not needing a man?”

“She fell in love with a handsome prince,” Kelsi declared, kicking her legs about before narrowing her gaze on yours. “Does he have any hot friends, do you know?”

“I uh, haven’t met his friends. And it’s just for dinner; don’t get too hung up on it.”

“Never mind that! Did you prepare yourself?”

“What for?” you wondered and after examining Ayla’s expression, you nodded softly. “I’m ready for anything that might come my way.”

“Well then, why are you asking us what we think? You should be proposing that question to Junmyeon.”

“I’m not going to suddenly blurt out over dinner if he wants to see my lingerie,” you mentioned with a roll of your eyes, though you couldn’t deny the flutter in your stomach either.

After the heated kissing session in your office during the week, you couldn’t get the man off your mind. Now that you were free for the weekend, you were more than ready to see where all that kissing could lead to.

“Don’t leave out a single detail for us when you return,” Kelsi called as you felt the buzz of your phone letting you know Junmyeon was waiting downstairs and started to head to the front door.

Ayla smirked. “Tell us tomorrow morning. Don’t you dare come home any earlier than that!”

Laughing as you headed down to meet with Junmyeon, you stopped to compose yourself when you saw his vehicle up ahead. However, it didn’t last long. Junmyeon was leaning against the side of it, his smile evident from where you stood. Eager to get to him, you dashed over the grass verge and straight into his arms.

Junmyeon chuckled, holding you affectionately all the same. “Well hello there!”

“That wasn’t very ladylike of me.”

“But it was the real you, right?” he offered and after looking up at him, you nodded happily. “It’s a nice feeling to know you missed me that much.”

“As long as the feelings mutual,” you concluded and with the way he brushed his lips over your temples, you didn’t need a verbal answer. Staring up at the man, he then silently reached behind him for the door handle, swinging it open and assisting you inside. He even did up your seatbelt which made you giggle.

“What?” he asked when he was finally seated beside you, humour evident in his voice. “Was that too cliché for you?”

“I feel as if I stepped into a Korean drama just now.”

“Does a CEO who is naturally romantic and not overdramatically making the female lead’s life a living hell until he realises this is love actually exist in those?”

“You’re well-versed in kdrama?” you enquired and Junmyeon bit at his lip as he tried to navigate the early evening traffic. Leaning towards him, you held onto his arm. “You watch them?”

“We could watch one together after dinner if you like?” he offered and you laughed heartily.

“Don’t make me guess, you’re

Please log in to read the full chapter