six.

faint smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn't take a genius to understand what is Baekhyun's problem, at least she thought. Those scary-looking guys, the 'pay' and 'beating' talk, most importantly, his face. It said it all and Aera didn't hope for him to tell her the reason or the story behind all of it, if there was one.

So when they stopped in the quiet parks after running for almost 20 good minutes, she didn't mind that the guy had not said anything at all. What pissed her was the fact that she left her bag back in the karaoke and how ing tired she is.

"I'm sor-"

"Just bring me some water because I want to ing faint right now."

That clearly makes him shut up. He quickly searched for some vending machine to satisfy Aera's thirst. The thing about Kim Aera, when she got mad all of the profanities came out from that sometimes it can shock people around.

"Here," Baekhyun gave her a water bottle, luckily found a machine not far from there. As he watched her gulping all the water down, he softly talked again, "I'm seriously sorry Aera. Because of me, you had to through all of this."

"At least you are sorry," she offered the water that still had the half of it. Baekhyun stared at her, already convinced that she will go mad at him and kick him or something. Instead, she still can be nice to him. But before he can grab the bottle, it met his head first,

"You er, you think that I will not get ing angry? You think that I'll be nice to you after all of this ? Seriously, you should be ing glad you are not Oh Sehun. If you are, you already dead by now."

He seriously can feel that his head will have a bump tomorrow by how many times she hit him and the force she used. Baekhyun can tell the reason that Sehun is afraid of her now. When she stopped, he immediately opened his eyes and only met by the bottle got thrown to him.

"Drink it, you must be tired too."

Baekhyun just stared at her, again. “What? Just drink while I'm being nice." He quickly opened the cap and drank the rest of the water.

While he tried to calm himself, Aera quickly took out her phone that was in the pocket, thankfully. She hopes that Sehun has a slight sense to bring her bag.

 

"Hello, Aera?"

"Sehun, where are you now?"

"Where are YOU now?" She rolled her eyes when Sehun as usual didn't answer her question right away, "Seriously Aera you suddenly missing and Baekhyun too. OH MY GOD, are you with him? Because if so, I'm not mad-"

"Shshshsh… Shut up. Did you bring my bag?"

Sehun laughed evilly, "Yes, I did. As you can see I'm a good friend and I'll never leave-"

"Yeah okay okay. Just, something happened and I need to go hurriedly. By the way, I'm not with Baekhyun." The boy quickly glanced at her, realizing that she talking about him and moreover lied to her friend.

"Are you okay?"

"Aera, are you okay?" She snapped her thoughts when she can hear worry in Sehun's voice.

"Yep, don't worry. Thank you Sehun for the bag, I'll text you again. Bye."

Before Sehun can say anything again, she already ended the call. She got uncomfortable when Baekhyun didn't stop staring at her, even worse, his eyes got more tensed.

Aera silently sat in the grass that Baekhyun already sat on, purposely didn't go near him. She didn't know what to do anymore, should she left him and went back home? Or should she ask him something?

"Once again I'm sorry."

She saw how his fingers moved nervously, the hard eyes that she saw now just staring blankly to the dark sky. "I know that I have troubled you once again and I don't know what to say honestly."

"It's okay, happens. I helped you, you helped me and then this. I'll go ballistic if one day you don't help me when I'm in trouble again, Byun."

He just smiled at her, hearing that name that she always called her. Everyone just simply called him 'Baekhyun' or maybe 'Byunbaek' but it was only her who called him that way.

Silence once again came to them. It was not awkward, it rather comforting to her. As she naturally likes silence more than a loud place, so obviously these make her nerves calmed.

"My parents alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter