~ three ~

I wanna kiss your neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shuhua!"

Soojin's voice echoed through the hallway. Shuhua abruptly stood up startling Miyeon who was completely engrossed in enjoying her strawberry ice cream. "I think that's me who is being called right now." Miyeon looked at Shuhua puzzled "I don't think Soojin knows any other Shuhua than you so... " there was an awkward pause before Miyeon started laughing at her own joke "Ha I'm so sorry Shuhua I'm known for my no jam, but I'm pretty sure you will get used to it." Miyeon continued to giggle, the girl in front of her eyes completely transformed from her goddess state to a goofball. It was so paradox she  even had to crank a smile if felt like she fell out of her starstruck state. "I think it's time for my mom to go back home. Please stay in bed I don't want you to get hurt even more." Shuhua said softly looking at the band aid taped to Miyeons cheek. She almost felt bad for leaving the girl alone, but she wanted to bid her mother goodbye. The young girl was about to stand up from Miyeon's bed when Miyeon quickly replied "Wait! Shouldn't we like exchange numbers since we're friends now." Shuhua froze for a second it has been years since somebody has asked for her number. She looked at Miyeon who was looking at her with a neutral expression which made it even harder for Shuhua to read into her question."Yeah of course, we're friends." Shuhua rummaged around her jacket to find her phone and handed it to Miyeon who quickly punched her digits in. She even saved herself as

Miyeon unnie ❤️ in her contacts. Shuhua repeated the same with Miyeon's phone but she simply saved herself as Shuhua. When she gave Miyeon her phone back she could see that Miyeon judged her decision to keep her name plain. But she didn't want to interpret too much into their encounter, after all they only met today. "I'll see you in the next days Miyeon unnie" Shuhua said putting the empty ice cream containers back into her plastic bag. Miyeon looked at Shuhua with a big smile "Yes definitely."

She finally called me unnie 

Entering her room she could smell something really delicious. "Mom, did you even have time to cook something for me." Shuhua said almost teary eyed. Her mother's food was the best and she really did feel hungry. "Oh no honey, our Soojin here is a really good cook, we talked about a few of our favorite dishes when we realized that I had brought enough ingredients to make Tteokbokki." Shuhua was surprised at the revelation that Soojin and her mother already became friends in such a short amount of time they had spend together." Wow that really does smell good Soojin unnie. I can't wait to eat it". Soojin smiled proudly at her dish she had completed. She knew that she was a good cook. Her aunt had her own restaurant and taught Soojin a few staples. She kind of figured out the rest on her own. Shuhua looked over Soojin's shoulder to look into the frying pan. She felt water at the sight of the dish. "That smells amazing. How did you do that?" Shuhua couldn't help but think that Soojin looked really cool when she was cutting the spring onions. Her hand movement was the same as from the professional chefs she used to watch in the middle of the night on TV." It's really not that hard. If you want to I can teach you a few basics." Irene was relieved that somebody would be there to help her little daughter cook. Shuhua managing a knife and a stove really were one of her biggest nightmares, but now that she knows that Soojin is there she felt like she could drive home with a light heart. After eating up and praising Soojin's cooking skills a dozen times Irene said it is time for her to drive back home now. "I'll walk you to your car mom. It's the least I could do". Irene nodded and hugged Soojin goodbye" I'm really glad that somebody mature like you will be around my daughter." Soojin smiled at the compliment and waved goodbye.

 

"I'm going to miss you mom." Shuhua said when they reached the car. Irene hugged her daughter tightly "I'll miss you too baby, there hasn't been a day in the last 20 years where I didn't see you, the house is going to feel empty without you" Shuhua could hear her mother's heart beating irregularly. She hugged her even tighter. She knew it would be harder for her mother than it would be for her." I'll call you every day mom, don't worry. I'll be fine". Irene released her daughter and gave her a last kiss on her forehead. "Eat three meals every day and wash up every day. I don't want you to walk around like a hobo." Shuhua laughed at that "Thanks mom, I'll follow that rule by heart." Irene smiled and waved a last time before she got into her car and drove off. Shuhua stayed behind waving and watching until the car disappeared down the hill following the sunset.

 

 

Meanwhile Miyeon felt a protruding headache building. She felt that the stress and her missing afternoon nap impacted her condition. She tried to close her eyes and meditate the pain away, but her thoughts of today kept circling her head. The young girl who presented  herself in a heroic way was just a shy girl who was nervous on her first day. Miyeon chuckled when sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter