~ one ~

I wanna kiss your neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a rat 
Shuhua thought this couldn't be true.
"MOM, I think we have a rat in our basement!" she scrunched her nose in disgust.
My dear notebooks have been eaten by a goddamn rat...
she looked at the torn pages gathered at the floor
this is a sign, the last sign that this is not a good idea.
She put her hand on her forehead.
I'm getting a headache again
The footsteps of her mother were approaching her slowly.
"Shuhua ,dear why are you not ready we're already behind our scedule.
Oh my, what is this?" Irene exclaimed while holding up the remnants of one of Shuhua's notebooks. Her eyes changed from being shocked to being curious.
She studied the book carefully with her big dark orbs, trying to decipher who or what could be the culprit.
"Honey I don't think this was a rat. These look like cuts, a rat would leave puncture like holes ..." Shuhua inspected the book carefully 
with the same big orbs as her mother. "Are you saying that somebody purposefully tried to destroy my notebooks?" Furrowing her eyebrows Shuhua 
didn't like to think who would even care to do such things. There aren't many people to begin with because she always tried to hide her notebooks from her friends. She couldn't let them find out what her deepest thoughts and feelings were.Who could it be then
... maybe my devil cousin Yeri took revenge for her guitar.....
" I'll try to restore them as much as I can darling, but now we have to get going. You wouldn't want to be late on your first day right?" Irene touched the top of her daughter's hair lovingly. " I know you are nervous but I am here for you, you know that right?" Shuhua knew her mother was always there for her. She has always been a rock for her. 
Growing up she never asked her mother why it was always only the two of them, simply because her mother never made her feel like something was missing in their life. She enjoyed having her mother all to herself. She has always been her best friend . She did have other friends too but they always betrayed her or lied to her someday. When that happened Shuhua knew that her mother would be at home waiting for her. She would lay in her lap and her mother would lovingly her long black hair. At school other kids questioned her about where her father would be so Shuhua said she didn't even know if she had one. She didn't understand why they were laughing at her when she said that or why her mother made that confused face when her teacher called her mother in the evening. She only knew that she didn't even want to know if she had one. In the end ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
"I know mom, you always are." Shuhua embraced her mother, inhaling  the comforting scent of her hair. She always loved the way her mother smelled. It made her feel calm and safe.
"This is it right? I didn't think that six weeks would pass that fast." Irene lifted her daughters chin "I felt the same way when I first moved out to go to college. I know it sounds scary because you won't have friends in the beginning and will have to look out for yourself for the first time, but this is an important step in your life. You will be surprised how much emotional growth you will accomplish, how many new skills you will learn, and how many new friends you will gain in such a short amount of time. And don't think I didn't prepare a few things to help you out in the start. I wrote you a few tutorials for your chores and gathered very easy recipes you could make and if you are still unsure you can always face time me at any time. Maybe not while you're in class but other than that..." Shuhua giggled at her mother's attempt to calm her nerves. She is truly grateful to have been blessed with such a mother.
(A/N: Duuh it's Irene)
"Thanks mom, I'll be out in a second." Irene left with a pat on Shuhua's back and a smile on her face.



tree, tree, house, house, gas station, tree, tree
Where the hell is this goddamn universtity! We've been driving for hours already.
"Mom, are we there yet?" 
"Almost honey, would you like to take a break ? We could get some ice cream. There is a baskin robins just before you enter campus grounds."
Mmmh Cookies and Cream ice cream would sound like a dream right now.
Shuhua eagerly nod her head in anticipation for the cold dessert.
Irene laughed when she looked at her daughter's reaction." Shuhua-yah you look like an excited puppy, are you sure that you're already going to college?" " Yah, mom I don't look like a puppy. What are you talking about?" Shuhua flushed out of embarassement.
Guess I should start acting like a grown up now
"You're always going to be my little puppy Shuhua, no matter how hard you try to look mature now. I know what you're thinking. You're my daughter after all." Shuhua is sure her mother's cackling could be heard even outside of the car. Annoyed at herself  she threw her head back and continued to look outside of the window where she could already spot the pink and blue sign " Mom, pull over you're gonna miss it!" Irene cocked her head at her daughter and gave her a questioning look" Well, you're quite eager to get some ice cream, aren't you? Alright sweety go ahead I'm going to refresh myself in the bathroom for a second." Shuhua gave her mother a heads up and hurried to purchase their ice cream.
"I'll have two scoops of Cookies and Cream and two scoops of Strawberry" 
Shuhua never knew how her mother would like such flavours as strawberry and carrot cake. "Mom I got you your/ uhm" Shuhua was startled when she realised that her mother was not standing behind her. She could have sworn she sensed her mother. When she looked up she saw big brown eyes looking through a freshly cut bangs. "Oh that's exactly the same thing I wanted to order." Shuhua was quite shocked at the girls smooth voice.Her palm already began to feel clamy. She felt uncomfortable when she had to talk to strangers. "I'm sorry I was completely sure my mother was right behind me." Shuhua tried to shimy her way away from the stranger towards her mother's car "That's no problem really. Are you a new  *bzz* / ah I'm sorry that's my phone.
Ah Miyeon- unnie where are you I'm already getting the ice cream for us. Yes, ok hurry. Bye.  
I'm sorry I'm meeting my friend. Maybe I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter