Chapter: BAEKHYUN

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was walking with a group of young boys. There were around 60 or 70 of us and everyone was wearing an uniform in dark green and brown colours and in their hand carried their luggage. We were all walking to The military University. Only a few were talking, maybe because they knew each other or they just wanted to get friends before starting a year at the campus. Most of others including me were just walking silently, closed in our own thoughts. 

We all entred trough a big entrance and came to a big yard, with a lot of buildings sorrounding it. The property of the campus was surrounded by tall walls and it was bigger than I expected. I'd only seen this place on pictures and I didn't even do a lot of research before signing up. It was one of my rare chances to continue my life normally. 

This was going to be my new home for a while. The place where I could escape everyone and somehow start a new, different life. 

I noticed that a tall and strong man in a black uniform was waiting in the middle of the yard. His dark silver hair were messy and his black eyes were checking each boy at the time. The look in his eyes seemed to be strict and confident, like he knew exactly what to do. 

Everyone stopped in front of him and I did the same to blend in. We waited in silence until someone came, running from one of the buildings on the side. He was also wearing an uniform, had black hair covered with a hat and serious look in his eyes.

He placed himself next to the the taller man and started. "Welcome to The Military University!" he said with a strong voice. "I hope you all know at least a few things about this place already. I'm general Kim Junmyeon and I run this place," he continued and checked around, like he was looking for something.  "When I look at you like that I see a big potential!" he smiled as he said that, but I noticed that the other man didn't really agree with that, since he just crossed his hands and looked at us seriously. "I am sure most of you will become great soldiers, but of course there is still a lot in front of you. The trainings start today. Your schedule for this day is a little different, than the one you will have in the future, so don't worry. You will have enough time to get used on everything."

I looked to the ground. There was no way I could get used on this place, but I had to do my best. 

"However, major Park will explain you some rules here and I expect you to obey each one of them!" general Kim continued and I focused on his speech again. "The rules and discipline is very important here! We are also trying to keep friendly environment here, so if you break them, you will be called to my office and you won't like it there! Believe me and don't try if I am seruious or not, because I AM!!" he raised his voice on the end of his sentence and everyone just stood there completely frozen. "UNDERSTOOD?!" he added, but still got no reply. "Well you will still have to learn how to answer when higher rank says something..."  he said quietly and looked at the other man next to him.

The taller one stepped in front. I guessed he was major Park, since general had mentioned his name. He started explaining the rules. His voice was deep and stronger than general's.

He was talking about our schedules, what we could do at the campus, what was forbidden and what are the punishments for breaking certain rules. Most of the things he mentioned were there with a good reason, like: don't use the campus' weapon, unless the use of it is under a supervision of the trainers or higher ranks. This was definetly making me a bit more relaxed, since I knew I probably wouldn't get killed here.

There was many rules and everyone including me soon got a bid bored of listening. Some started quietly whispering to each other and discusing about random things, but I just stayed quiet and waited on this to end.

"I warn you all!" general Kim spoke after some time when major was done. "Any bigger rule broken and you will get kicked out immediately!" he checked everyone with very serious look.

Now everyone was quiet and focused again.

"We will put you in smaller units." He continued. "You will be training with your unit all the time and major Park, with some other majors will be training you. In units you can earn or loose points which will help you get higher position. It is start of your journey here, so there will be a bit more competition, because I will have to find a captain for every unit. The classes are more or less normal, just like at every university, there is not much to tell about this... Don't be late amd don't skip them because there will be exams as well! Any questions?"

No reply. I could see that general was bothered by it, but he still continued like it was nothing. "Well.... Major Park will call your names one by one. When you hear your name, please step forward," he said and major Park started.

"Kim Jongwoon!" he called and a tiny but tall boy steped forward. Major Park gave him some papers and showed him where to stand and wait. He called more names and all of them were now in unit A1. There were twelve of them and I expected that the same amount of members would be in other units. Major Park told them to go with the general, who lead them to their rooms. 

I was looking as they all left, but major suddenly continued calling the names. 

Two more boys were called. Both very tall and strong, one was even about the same height as major. They both stepped to the side and waited for next one to get called.

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

My body suddenly completely froze. It was my name. I felt how my heart started beating faster, pushing my blood stronger and faster, because I got scared. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the crowd. Closer to the major. I was avoiding his look as I was approaching, because I didn't want him to notice my fear.

"What are you doing here?" he suddenly asked and I looked up confuded. 

"What?" I asked quietly.

"I think you came to the wrong University. I'm sure you can't do more than 3 push-ups," he said and steped closer to me. I looked away and kept myself quiet. Other boys from the crowd silently laughed at major Park's comments and I knew they had a good reason to laugh.

I was small and not as strong as others. Nobody would have guessed that I was about to start my trainings as a soldier on the military University. Even I couldn't see myself in that role, but my messed life lead me to here.

"Why did you come here?" asked major with stronger voice, but I didn't answer and kept my look at the ground. "Hey! I can't hear you, Byun!" major spoke again. I looked up to him and met his dark and serious eyes. I was trying to find a good way to win this conversation, but there was nothing. He was right about the fact that I didn't belong here, but I also couldn't fit anywhere else.

"I didn't say anything," my voice was shaking.

"Maybe you should," his gaze got even more intimidating. 

I didn't say anything and just hoped on everything to end. I knew other boys were on major's side at that moent and this was bothering me even more.

"You are slow!" the voice got majors attention away from me. It was genertal who had just returned. Major pushed the papers in my hands and stepped away a bit annoyed. I wasn't really sure if it was becaouse of me or because of general Kim... Maybe both.

"Common move, I don't want to be here all day," major said and I walked away. 

I looked at the general Kim, but he just smiled and rolled with his eyes after major said that. Maybe he was just used on this.

"You should have said something," a guy next to me said, as I came to the two who had been called into my unit before. I made an aye contact with him. He had dark brown hair, dark eyes and he really looked good. I just smiled a little and then ignored him. I wasn't good in making friends and I also didn't want to get more attention, since major was already calling more students who would be in the same unit as me for next years. I tried to remember the names, but I forgot most as soon as I heard them so I gave up after three of them. 

After that, general lead us to our drooms and I was surprised of how soon we came to the right place.

There was one main hallway with many smaller side hallways which lead to our rooms. My room was on the very end of a third smaller hallway, room 27c. Some of others already got their roommate, but when I slowly unlocked the door and steped inside no one was there. I knew that I would get a roommate soon. I wanted to make myself comfortable as long as I was still alone. 

The room had white walls and quite nice wooden floor. There where two beds on each side, 2 tables in the front and closets.

I walked to the closed which I wanted for myself and opened it. It wasn't big, but just enough for me. I saw a mirror on the side and looked in it. My blonde colored hair were in mess and I looked a bit exhausted, but that didn't really bother me. It was my weaknes which I didn't like. I really looked weaker than other boys who came here with me.

I walked away and sat on the bed at the right side. I took the papers I had got and checked them. I was in the unit A2, which I already knew. The schedule for that day started at 4:00pm., so I still had enough time to unpack everything.

As I dropped the papers away, the doors of the room suddenly opened. There was a guy with dark hair, plump heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter