Drinking Games

Red Mercedes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning(s): drinking, smoking weed
Length: 5.1k words
Note(s): story takes place in LA

  01  

“Rumor has it that he slept with the dealer to get that car.”

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised.”

 

“Same,” you murmured under your breath. “I mean,” you say louder, “I would sleep with him for free.”

 

The Baekhyun had just arrived to the party in his shiny red Mercedes that looked like it came straight out of a vintage car magazine. You could spend days just staring in awe at that car, but as gorgeous as it was, its owner was in a different league. Sometimes you mulled over his looks for days and annoyed your own friends with your obsession, but no one could ever blame you for that. After all, how impressive was it that that Baekhyun was brave enough to sport red and black hair with a mullet? He made the 80s look cool, made all the hypebeasts with their Jordans and Nikes look dumb, made summer an aesthetic to chase. Though, one thing to note was that he was Baekhyun, and no one could ever do anything like him, period. Other boys could copy him, but they could never really walk, talk and be like him.

 

It had only been two weeks into May, but Baekhyun already had the entirety of his frat dressing like him. From faded jeans, neckerchiefs, Hawaiian shirts, leather bracelets—every boy in Baekhyun’s frat was trying to dress like him because he was just that much of a trendsetter. Stores everywhere probably saw an increase of Hawaiian shirt sales because of his influence. Some people thought it was tacky, of course, but the girls flinging themselves at Baekhyun was proof that it didn’t matter.

 

Baekhyun, Baekhyun. He was everything, alright.

 

Big B, his friends and frat brothers would call him.

 

Because of all the beer bottles he can drink, his friends would say as they recalled stories of getting drunk.

 

Because he’s bigger and better, his flings would claim with red cheeks and aching thighs.

 

Because I’m bodacious, Baekhyun himself would clarify, always smiling because not very many people knew the word. Bodacious, he breathed. Bold and audacious wrapped into one badass package. His smile always lit up the room when he said that and he would point to himself and laugh. And ‘cuz I have a big , of course, he added at the end.

 

Oh, . The things you would do to him, for him, because of him…

 

Everything about him was just legendary. He had built for himself such an incredible, infamous, insane reputation despite just being a second-year university student. You distinctly remembered seeing his face printed on one of the front sections of the student newspaper only three months into your very first semester. That kind of stuff—making it on the front page—was usually reserved for athletics or big events like a record-breaking food drive. Yet, Baekhyun was on the front page for streaking.

 

ing streaking.

 

“Student Streaks for Charity,” the small headline read. There was a picture of Baekhyun with his hair dyed blond and then a paragraph describing how he raised money for low-income families by collecting cash sums from people who wished to see him, well, streak across campus.

 

That move got him so popular with the student population that you felt like you were in high school again because suddenly all the girls were talking about that guy: Baekhyun “Big B” Byun.

 

You were so caught up with gawking at Baekhyun that your friends had gotten bored with standing outside.

 

“ this,” Jessica whined to your circle of friends. “His friend Chen is way hotter.”

 

“Then go run to him,” you muttered, waving her off. Luckily, Jessica was too infatuated with the Chen boy not to head inside, so she left you and Hani standing side by side on the front lawn of Henry’s house. The party was inside, but you wouldn’t miss seeing every bit of Baekhyun for anything.

 

You and Hani continued watching Baekhyun as he greeted his friends by the front of the house. This was certainly a good night because he was dressed simply in a black shirt and faded jeans. You didn’t care that he wasn’t wearing your favorite flower-patterned red shirt because you could see just how ing shaped his body was when he wore this special black shirt. If you looked closely enough, you could outline the subtle curve of his chest muscles. Looking at him looking like that made you wonder what it would be like to lay your head on his sweaty chest right after he finishes ing you.

 

Girls could dream, though, couldn’t they? Baekhyun was Big B, after all. You were only Chun around here. He was the frat boy to define all frat boys. You were a 3.8GPA student with ty tendencies that only made an appearance when you got drunk. He was the one calling the shots and taking them. You were the one watching everyone else get drunk. Point was, the two of you couldn’t have been more different. Getting his attention would take an act of God.

 

“You wanna go in?” Hani asked you after a few minutes of watching Baekhyun. “I think he’s going to talk to his friends for a while.”

 

“Yeah, sure,” you murmured in response. His face, his smiling face as he talked to his friends, was still engraved in your mind anyways. You could think about him and the tragic fact that you weren’t with him inside over a few drinks. “God, I just wanna him and treat him nice,” you said with a sigh as you entered the house. “I’ve been such a good person that it’s the least I deserve.”

 

“I’d argue that you don’t deserve him, but…” Hani trailed off. “To each their own, I guess.”

 

“,” you continued to mutter. You grabbed a beer can from the stocked fridge and passed one to Hani before taking one for yourself. After pulling it at the tab and taking a good swig, you set the cold can down on the kitchen counter and crossed your arms in defeat. “I would honestly let him spit in my mouth, Hani.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “I love you, but you’re kinda pathetic sometimes.” A shine flickered through Hani’s eyes, and she shuddered. “I can’t believe you’d say that. That’s disgusting, Chun.”

 

“I don’t care,” you replied with a shrug. “He could spit in my mouth, and I would thank him.”

 

“.”

 

You freeze and whip around when you hear that voice.

 

, , , you yelled in your head. Is it really him?

 

Yes, it was Baekhyun. In the flesh, here standing was Baekhyun. Baekhyun! As you stared in awe and embarrassment, Baekhyun continued about his business normally. He must have been so used to having girls stare at him that he just didn’t acknowledge the fact that you were full-on gawking at the proximity between you two. There wasn’t even anything going on—he was rummaging through Henry’s freezer, and you were standing at least ten feet away—but you still had never been this close to him. The closest you had ever been to him was when you watched him park his red Mercedes to the parking spot six spaces away from yours.

 

Baekhyun took out a Grey Goose vodka bottle from the freezer and set it on the counter behind him. He then rummaged through fridge to take out a carton of orange juice. Once he was satisfied, he closed the fridge doors and glanced at you and Hani.

 

Oh, god. He was perfect. Perfect.

 

“What are you guys doing here all alone?” he asked, tilting his head to the side. “The games are outside by the pool, and the weed is upstairs, if you didn’t know.”

 

“We’re chilling,” Hani answered for the two of you—fortunately. You were just too tongue-tied to say anything. He was too handsome closer. From here, you could see the tiny moles on his face and the glint of silver from his lip ring. “This party’s kinda lame, to be honest.” As you died inside, Hani yawned casually. “Not enough hot girls.”

 

A smile began to play itself on Baekhyun’s lips but never really started. “Oh?” he hummed, seemingly intrigued. “What about your friend?” He looked over at you, and his smile finally made an appearance. “You don’t consider her hot?”

 

Hani snickered. “Not really.”

 

You were about to smack Hani in the arm for saying that in front of the Baekhyun, but he interrupted your anger with his little laugh.

 

“Oh, wow.” He raised an eyebrow as he chuckled. “Don’t worry,” he seemed to assure you with a grin, “I think you’re hot.” Almost immediately after he said those words, your cheeks flushed with blood, and you couldn’t hear anything else but your heartbeat in your ears. Your mouth opened to murmur thankfulness, but no sound came out. Thankfully, Baekhyun didn’t seem to notice. “You guys should come outside,” he started, gathering the vodka bottle and orange juice carton in his arms. “We’re playing dare or shot. I’ll dare you,” he gave a nod to Hani, “to kiss my hot friend. She likes girls too.”

 

“Lead the way,” Hani replied immediately.

 

She grabbed you by the arm and began ushering you when your legs failed to move on their own. Baekhyun “Big B” Byun was walking the two of you outside, and you couldn’t believe it for your life. You even nearly tripped over the stone steps that created a path to Henry’s enormous backyard. Hani would curse you out for being careless, but you couldn’t help it; your eyes were sliding down the gentle slopes of Baekhyun’s broad shoulders, and you couldn’t get enough.

 

“Hey, we starting?” a voice yelled out to your direction. You looked past Baekhyun’s head and saw “Kev”—another infamous (though nowhere near as popular as Baekhyun) frat boy—with a beer bottle in one hand while the other rested on a girl’s bare thigh. He was looking expectantly at Baekhyun for instructions.

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun answered and motioned towards you and Hani. “They’re joining.” He tapped the shoulders of two girls sharing on a pool chair. “Can you guys sit somewhere else?”

 

Without question or a semblance of objection, the girls rose and walked towards an empty spot on the ground. You exchanged a look with Hani, but regardless you took the now empty seats which were directly across from the pool chair where Baekhyun sat.

 

After looking around, you noticed that a group of at least 12 people including you and Hani had formed a circle around a small table with several shot glasses along with a variety of alcoholic beverage bottles. You even noticed that Baekhyun had placed the bottle of vodka and carton of orange juice on there. On the very center of the table was an empty beer bottle lying on its side—which Baekhyun grabbed placed on the ground beneath the table.

 

“Alright,” Kev announced loudly. Directly behind him was the pool where another dozen people seemed to be splashing each other. “We’re playing ‘Dare or Shot.’ The person to your left dares you something, and if you don’t do it, you have to take a shot.” He raised his hand. “I’m going first. Baekhyun,” he looked over to his friend and grinned. “I dare you,” he said, “to kiss your friend.”

 

Baekhyun’s “friend” who sat to his right was Seulgi—or Seul as most people called her.

 

Seulgi didn’t even go to this university, but she was strangely Baekhyun’s best friend and was always seen shadowing him at parties or accompanying him literally anywhere else. When you first saw her chatting and laughing with Baekhyun on campus, you immediately grew jealous, but after a lot of investigation and general sleuthing, you found out that Seulgi was a reserved lesbian who happened to major in photography.

 

“You better ing not,” Seulgi warned Baekhyun with a glare. “I’m going to slap you.”

 

“I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter