It's in my blood

It's in my blood

April 04, 1986

 

"Congratulations! For bearing a healthy baby boy!" The doctor congratulated the wedded couple, Mr. and Mrs. Lee. It was Mrs. Lee ob-gyn doctor, she went to the Lee family's house after hearing that her patient already gave birth. The couple as well as the doctor beamed in happiness. She went home after giving some fruits and a small talk. 

 

"Look Sora, you're a big sister now. Say hi to your baby brother" Mr. Lee exclaimed in excitement to his elder child, Sora, who was hiding behind him and frowning because she doesn't want to have a sibling. For her, she believes that his parents' attention will definitely be divided into them. 

 

Mr. Lee guided her daughter towards his newly born child. Sora, who doesn't know what to do, just stood there, beside his younger brother's crib. Mrs. Lee felt the awkwardness of her child so she went next to her.

 

"Why don't you hold his hand, Sora?"

 

Sora hesitated at first but the moment she held his younger brother's soft, small hand, a smile crept into her face. Her eyes lightened up as his younger brother giggled on her touch. Seemed like his younger brother liked her touch. Mr. Lee wrapped his hand around her wife's shoulder. Mrs. Lee, on the other side, rested his head on his husband's chest. It was a great moment for them. 

 

"Sora, how will you name your brother?" Mrs. Lee asked her elder child. Sora looked at them with a question in her eyes. 

 

"Can I, eomma, appa?" Sora tried to hide her excitement, but still it overflowed. Her parents nodded in agreement. Sora's eyes went back to his younger brother who was sleeping in his own cradle. 

 

"Hyukjae, eomma. I wanna name him Hyukjae" Sora kissed his younger brother's temple after. 'Hi hyukjae, it's me, your older sister, Sora. I promise I will be the best sister in the whole world!

 

The Lee Family was having their moment when the windows opened and a cold strong wind and a presence entered the room. The lights flickered incessantly and dogs were howling loudly. Mrs. Lee instantly carried Hyukjae using her right hand and held Sora's hand using her other hand. Mr. Lee, on the other hand, closed all the windows and lit a candle. 

 

The room was in complete silence and the family was just on the corner, feeling each other. "I already called security and they said there's a problem with the power supply. They also said electricity will be back after a few moment"  

 

"Oh. Really, Mr. Lee?" a deep croaky voice can be heard all over the room. The couple shivered in fear as well as their daughter, Sora. Silence came back for a few minutes not until the sound of shoe squeaking can now be heard. 

 

"W-who are you?!" Mr. Lee shouted in anger and fear, gripping his wife and daughter tightly. Hyukjae started to cry because of it. 

 

"Tsk. You made your son cry, Mr. Lee", A well-aged man with fair skin, as white as freshly made milk in his black suit, went out from the dark. He's indeed a beautiful man in his long, thin, tidy, black hair, almost covering his eyes. His beautiful sharp black eyes that could definitely cast you under spell, well-shaped nose and his soft thin red lips. 

 

A short sharp noise was heard when his finger moved quickly against his thumb and after that the lights stopped flickering as well as the dogs from howling. The cold dark presence also vanished in a four-cornered room. Everything went back to its normal. 

 

"You shouldn't have done that, Mr. Lee" the guy snapped while fixing his hair. He glanced at Mr. Lee before moving his eyes to what Mrs. Lee's holding. 

 

Mr. Lee went in front of his wife to cover his family, especially Hyukjae since he saw the man's eyes when he saw his son. It was full of amusement and longing in his eyes. 

 

"Who are you? What are you doing here? What do you want?" Mr. Lee huffed. "You're scaring my family!" he added. 

 

"Oh. Did I? I'll introduce myself then. My name is Kim Jongwoon" 

 

"Kim Jongwoon? We haven't heard your name before. We don't know you!" Mrs. Lee trembled in fear. 

 

Jongwoon smirked, he loved how the couple shivered and trembled in fear. He's getting irritated because of them. There is only one purpose why he went to this house. He looked at Mr. Lee with no emotions on his face at all. As he narrowed his eyes, Mr. Lee was being dragged to his right. 

 

"W-wait! What is this!" 

 

"What are you doing?!??!" 

 

"Appa!!" 

 

Ah. Too much noise. 

 

Jongwoon snapped his fingers again. As soon as he did it, the three of them shutted their mouths off. All they can do is to muffled and squeal. He walked towards Mrs. Lee and stopped in front of her. He moved his eyes down to Hyukjae who was crying and took him from her. 

 

Mrs. Lee begged him, "please don't hurt our Hyukjae. Please don't hurt him"  

 

"I won't hurt him, Mrs. Lee. I cannot hurt him" he murmured softly, still looking at Hyukjae who was comfortably sleeping in his arms now. The baby curled into him that made him smile more. He felt like he was on cloud nine and on top of the world. 

 

Confusion was written on Mrs. Lee's face. "Y-you can hear me?!" 

 

"Of course, Mrs. Lee. I can" he placed hyukjae on his crib and went in front of the family after giving him a soft kiss. 

 

"I am Kim Jongwoon. The reason why i went here is to get Hyukjae" he blurted when he took the spell out, letting them talk again. 

 

"What?! No!" Mr. Lee yelled in anger. He was about to get Hyukjae from his crib when a strong presence of a barrier was placed between him and his child. "W-what is happening?!" He looked at the guy named Jongwoon and saw how the latter's eyes were working. 

 

"I don't want to hurt you, Mr. Lee but if you keep on insisting I don't know what I will do to you," Jongwoon seethed. "Now leave Hyukjae alone and back where you were standing at" 

 

Mr. Lee sighed in defeat, "Fine. Now what?" Jongwoon placed the chair beside Hyukjae's crib without lifting it. They were bewildered by sudden actions, thinking how did that guy do those things. Mr. and Mrs. Lee concluded that the guy wasn't normal, they made sure of that. No one in this world can do those things such as telekinesis stuff. 

 

"I was waiting for him for so many years," Jongwoon grabbed some apples from the rack. He smelled it first before biting right in. 

 

"What do you mean for so many years?" 

 

"280-300 years?" He shrugged. "Who knows" 

 

Jongwoon heard some soft gasps from the couple, he can't help but to chuckle. "280-300 years?!?!?!" the couple asked in unison, staring at jongwoon without blinking and quickly placing their hands over their mouths  

 

Mr. Lee was the first one to cope up, slowly bringing down his shaky hand, mouth that slowly opened, with a soft, shaky voice asking a question that Jongwoon waited for.

 

"W-what and w-who really are you?" 

 

Jongwoon stood where he was sitting and placed his both hands inside his pockets. 

 

"Me?" His black eyes slowly turned into deep crimson red, fangs were starting to come out, veins were also starting to pop out on the side of his head and on his neck. 

 

"I am a vampire" the Lee family was deeply shocked by what they saw and prayed that it was just a dream. 

 

"And Hyukjae? 



 

He's my mate"