~End~

My first..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hi! How do I start this? Ummm.. Well.. I first saw you when I was 12 going 13. I saw you from afar which made me feel like you’re so small that I can fit in you in my pocket. What caught my attention was your black shiny hair.

 

You don’t smile much. You’re always with your group of friends. Then I saw you dancing. I mean, wow! I admit I kind of developed a small crush on you. Fine! Not small, but a huge crush on you. I was just contented at looking at you, watching you from afar. 

 

I noticed, I’ve used the word ‘afar’ twice now. And I thought I was always gonna use that word. I’m sorry if I sounded like a creep, I swear I’m not. I’m just one those people who’s crushing on you. You know, like the usual. 

 

One year passed, what are the odds that I grew close to one of your classmates. I know this will sound bad, but whoever in my shoes I believe will do the same thing. As thick faced as I can get, I ask for your number from that common friend that we have. Actually, that girl got mad at me because of what I did. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret asking for your number, I regret the way I asked it from her. 

 

I called her one day and just straight out for your number. I know, I know, it’s bad. Well, you got me bad. Again, I’m not a creep. I know this sounds creepy but this is the only way I know that I can get to meet you. 

 

That’s when I started messaging you. Asking you to be ‘text mates’. Those were the happiest days. I don’t even have my own phone yet. I would always look forward to weekends because that’s the only time that I can send you a message using my uncle’s phone. I was 13 then, nearly 14. 

 

God, I can still remember how embarrassed I was when I told you who I was. But I was happy, I get to meet you finally. You know what happened next. Actually, I’m not sure if you do. I bet it’s not as special as it was for me than it was for you. 

 

Before, I only admired how you danced and your black shiny hair. When I started talking to you, I found out you’re not as snob as you looked. Your smile, God your smile. I have no words. The way you would smile at me every time your group and mine would bump onto each other in our school’s corridor.

 

A school year ended, but our friendship didn’t. I finally got my own phone and we get to talk to each other almost every day (not almost, it’s actually every day). There were even times that I visited you at your place. Not really a visit, but I just waved at you from across the street and you from your window because I was just visiting my aunt then that was conveniently near your place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter