The magnificent Lee Dong Hae.

The silenced lovers

"My boy Dong Hae!" "Yes coach!" Donghae responded to his basketball coach as he called out his name. "You are always a star on the court. The girls love you and the other players are jealous of you. You are one lucky boy." The coach bragged to Donghae as if he was talking about himself. "I'm this good thanks to the training, coach." Donghae responded again in all honesty. He never liked to brag or ruffle his own feathers. He was a good hearted, honest and humble guy.

"Of course it is." The coach said proudly. "Everyone, pick up the balls and after you are done hit the showers. I know that it is difficult to train during break time but it is a sacrifice that we all have to make if we want to qualify for the championship tournament this year. Understood?" "Yes coach!" Everyone said affirmatively. They tiredly picked up the balls from the ground and put them in their net and then they put all the equipment away. When they were done with what their coach had set them up to do, they all hit the showers and started talking to one another.

"The coach loves you too much Donghae. I swear he favors you above us all." His team mates joked with Donghae, knowing how he hated to be treated differently than anybody else. "No way you guys! He loves the game too much so he enjoys seeing us win and succeed all together." "I don't know about that man but he really does like you more. Even today, he only praised you." "Well I guess it helps to be the most popular kid in the school and the teacher's pet right?" A guy which he wasn't on such good terms with, bitterly said.

'I should ignore these kinds of comments, especially the ones coming from this guy's mouth since that I know he dislikes me.  It's always best to ignore others and act like I didn't hear anything rather than ending up in a fight.' He thought to himself as he grabbed his towel and went to get a wash.

It's true though. Donghae was very popular among his school mates.

The younger girls would die to be with him. The older girls would kill to be with him. The guys liked him because he was a cool guy and he was very good at sports. The teachers liked him because he was good in school. Eunhyuk disliked him because Yesung hadn't stopped saying how scary he looked.

Donghae wasn't a scary person. He was a very intelligent kid. He knew how to talk to the adults pretty well. He played his game very seriously as well. Perhaps that is why Yesung looked at him as a scary person. Just because he always looked serious while playing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on the other guys just left let's play a bit too." "I don't really feel like it anymore.." "But we gottaaaa." "Yesung I said n-"

*CRASH*

Eunhyuk got knocked over as the gym door hit him in his back. Miraculously he ended up falling over but supported himself in a push up position. With his eyes formerly closed, now he had began to peek through his eye sockets. As he opened his eyes a bit he could only see one thing. Actually he could only see one person.

Donghae.

It was Donghae.

IT WAS DONGHAE. 

He was laying on his back on the ground, right underneath him, holding Eunyuk's torso with his hands as he looked up in shock. His eyes seemed to be a bit watery and his cheeks and lips looked ever so rosy.

He was beautiful.

"Aish Eunhyuk! Did you have to knock him over! The least you could do is get off of him and then help him up!" Yesung exclaimed as he looked at the two's position in disbelieve. As if being knocked out of a day dream, Eunhyuk came back to his senses. He hurriedly got up and asked the latter, " Oh shoot I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?" Only then had he handed a helping hand to Donghae who was still laying on his back whilst stil looking up, now at the sky.

Donghae looked at his and then Eunhyuk's hand and in the coming seconds he had taken that soft, warm hand into his own. "Sorry bro. I hope you didn't get hurt." He apologized again as he pulled the star struck Donghae up and then dusted off his uniform shirt. "Oh-NO. I-I'm fine. Yes. Totally fine. I hope I didn't hurt you...with the door." Donghae said back as he continued to stare at the latter.

"What's your name...?" Donghae asked almost shy, as he stared at Eunhyuk who looked back at him in a strange way. "I'm Lee Hyuk Jae but they call me Eunhyuk for short and this is my friend Kim Jong Hoon." "Nice to meet you. My friends call me Yesung." He explained feeling a bit intimidated still, but but in a good way if that makes any sense. "Ah yes. Eunhyuk, Yesung. I am Lee Dong Hae. Sorry about that. I must have pushed the door a bit too hard and it hit you. I get a bit dizzy after training and that makes me clumsy, especially after I take a hot shower. Must be because of the hot water." "Ah that's okay hyung. Would you like something cold to drink? I could buy you something from the vending machine." Yesung claimed as he ran off to buy him a cold drink, taking this as an opportunity to become friends with a 'cool' kid. 

"He's an energetic guy isn't he..." Donghae said with a smile on his face as he looked at how Yesung was running off to where the vending machine was located. "You have no idea. Take a seat if you are that dizzy, he might take a while." Eunhyuk said as he sat down on the nearest bench and looked to the side. "Oh really... Is he slow?" "Kind of." Eunhyuk continued to say. Not knowing what to say to each other anymore, they both sat there in silence while they waited for Yesung to return.

Even though he didn't know Eunhyuk at all, Donghae hated it when a conversation fell silent with anyone so he always tried his best to break the ice. In this case though, it wasn't as easy as one would think but he still tried. "So...Eunhyuk...How old are you and Yesung?" "We're both 18 years old. What about you?" "Looks like I'm a year older than you guys. I'm nighteen and a senior. It's my last year attending here before I go off to college...hopefully." He said with a smile on his face. "Oh I see..." Hyukjae responded looking sideways again to where Yesung had ran off, praying that he would return as soon as possible. "Didn't know that..." he continued, "What were you doing in these parts anyways..." Donghae asked as he looked around, trying to catch sight of Yesung as well now. "Yesung wanted to play some basket ball but the court was already occupied." "Ah sorry, that's our fault. We are training for the championship during break time for now as well apart from our morning training so I don't think it will be available for the few coming weeks." Donghae explained as he looked at Eunhyuk and offered a gentle smile. "Oh that was you guys? Damn, Yesung is going to nag me until you guys are done after he realizes  this. I should tell him to find a new hobby in the mean time." "Well I mean you can always come watch us play or...you can join us?" Donghae asked, taking a chance at recruiting some interested new talent. "No way. We aren't professional players. We just do it for fun." Eunhyuk exclaimed, looking at Donghae as if he was pulling his leg. "You could always come and watch then. We are always in need of support." Eunhyuk looked back at Donghae, dis-interested.

As soon as Donghae had finished saying that, Yesung could be seen coming running towards them. "Ah hyung I got you peach flavored-" Yesung briefly said as he got cut off mid-sentence by Eunhyuk who had stood up. He grabbed the can from Yesung's hand and threw it at Donghae's chest. "I think you have enough girls doing that already." He said as he looked at the crowd of girls that had started to accumulate around them, all whispering and chuckling and worst of all pointing fingers. "See you around." Eunhyuk said right as he grabbed Yesung from the collar of his school shirt and hurried off pulling the latter off with him. 

Donghae stared speechless as he looked at the pair retreating back to wherever they were going before.

This was weird.

Donghae was interested.