i just want to be with you

i just want to be with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"stay in bed with me

until the moon sets the sky

until the stars fall away

 

stay with me

hiding under the covers

and tell me a story

of a happier life

 

hold me to your chest

and don’t let the world

in through those doors

 

stay in bed with me

and keep my heart warm

stay in bed with me

until the universe

disappears"

 

 

Ji Hyo woke up to the blaring sound of her loud alarm, jolting into action as she fumbled and hastily moved to turn it off before it woke her bed partner. Once the phone was silenced and all was well again, she breathed a deep sigh of relief. Phew.

 

It seemed that Jong Kook had slept through that loud sound, a lucky thing for Ji Hyo because it made surprising him easier. Although, she could only celebrate that fact in her mind, lest she moved too much and woke him then.

 

It was Jong Kook’s birthday today, a day that Ji Hyo has been excitedly waiting for because she’d get to spoil and pamper her boyfriend for a whole 24 hours without having him nag at her for spending and doing so much for him.

 

For this morning, she planned on cooking him an English breakfast to be feasted in bed, something that they only do on special occasions like this one, followed by the giving of presents, and maybe make out after that too. Their afternoon celebration activities, however, were still up for debate because if Jong Kook would allow this morning’s surprise, he’d no doubt reject any potential plans that will come after it because “the breakfast is more than enough for me, I don’t want anything else but you,” — Jong Kook’s words, not hers. Regardless, it was planned that they’ll have to leave in the evening for a surprise birthday dinner with the Running Man members and Jong Kook’s family and friends.

 

Ji Hyo made a move to get out of Jong Kook’s embrace and get started with breakfast, but in her attempt to remove the muscular arm that was circled around her waist, that same arm only tightened its hold on her further despite the owner being asleep. She huffed in annoyance. How was she going to get up and cook, then?

 

She decided to just lay back down on the bed while she thinks of ways to escape without waking Jong Kook. Well, it also wouldn’t hurt her to relish in his hold for just a few more minutes. The bed was warm, and his arm around made her feel safe and loved. So.

 

Ji Hyo turned around and faced him, looking back at his peaceful face that was unmarred of its usual crinkled forehead done through various emotions and the smile lines beside his eyes that often squinted in happiness. Her hand instinctively reached out to lightly trace the pecs on his arms, those same arms that held her tight in sleep and comforted her even while in her dreams; before making its way up to his strong jaw that moved in sync with his mouth to let that beautiful voice of his out as he complimented her constantly and told her his ‘I love you’s; then tracing up to his cute nose that crinkled whenever he saw her doing something that he found adorable and loveable which was honestly all the time; before moving to those kissable lips of his that often rendered her speechless and breathless, either one or both simultaneously.

 

Unbeknownst to her, Ji Hyo’s ministrations had actually woke Jong Kook up, regardless of how light Ji Hyo thought she did it, but he made no move to let her know he was awake. He quite liked the feeling of her doing whatever she was doing to him.

 

When Jong Kook could feel that Ji Hyo’s finger was moving away from his lips, he quickly moved closer to her and gave a light peck before opening his eyes and smiling.

 

Ji Hyo’s eyes widened slightly in shock. Well there goes her plans to surprise him this morning. She just shook that thought away and gave her boyfriend a warm smile.

 

“Saengil-chukha, jagiya,” Ji Hyo greeted him, giving him a soft chaste kiss.

 

Jong Kook hugged her and tucked her head under his chin, “Gomawo, yeobo.” He placed a kiss on her head in thanks.

 

Ji Hyo looked up at him in his embrace, all in smiles. Jong Kook could only think about how stunning she was right now.

 

She tried to sit upright after a few moments, but he only held her tighter.

 

“Yah, jagiya, I have to get up and make breakfast for you,” Ji Hyo said, “it’s tradition, remember?”

 

Jong Kook shook his head, “Ani~, stay with me for a few more minutes please. It’s my birthday.”

 

Ji Hyo had to stand her guard on this or else all her plans would go to waste. “I promise we can cuddle and kiss all we want after this, jagiya. Just let me get up.” She moved to sit upright again, and this time, it was successful.

 

Jong Kook pouted his lips at her, going to the aegyo route to try and make he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter