1st

Life starts when you're Single (Sequel to 20 1st Quizzes)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1st

 

 

Haneul leaned her head back as she arched her back, cupping her nape in the process. Letting out a soft groan, she turned her head to the clock on her right. 

 

9:45

 

Fifteen minutes. 

 

Just fifteen more minutes and her shift will be over, she chanted inside her head. She shrug her shoulders lightly when the earlier method failed to lessen the muscle pain she's feeling for being on duty for 36 hours straight. 

 

She leaned her chin on her work table as she scanned the finished results from the lab under the lamp. She pouted when she noticed her phone on the far end of her table. 

 

Still no calls from him, huh?

 

Frowning, she reached for the device on the table, contemplating whether to be the one to reach out to him first, or...

 

"No!" She exclaimed firmly. Straightening up, she uttered, "I won't be the one to say sorry, this time. It's not even my fault!" 

 

Her shoulders slumped right after her outburst. Its been two days since she last saw him and she's going nuts, seriously. He wasn't even sending her his whereabouts, that douche!

 

She missed him, so much.

 

Quickly placing phone back to where it belong, Haneul leaned on her chair exhausted, waiting for the clock to hit 10 o' clock, which is by the way, taking very slow. 

 

During this time, the girl in her mid twenties kept on reliving the reason of their petty fight...

 

Hakyeon entered the flat quietly, as to not disturb another presence inside. With tippy toes, he trotted inside the living room proceeding to the shoes' cabinet. It was dark so he was having a hard time balancing his self with his surroundings. 

 

He almost fainted when a voice spoke from out of nowhere. "Why are you home late?" Came her lethal voice. He searched for the voice, and when the lights all of sudden, and he was met with an annoyed girlfriend just outside their bedroom, he smiled at her uneasily. 

 

Haneul sighed, finally gathering her bag and phone before going out the door, not forgetting to turn the lamp off. 

 

--

 

"Oh, Yong Haneul-ssi, are you off from work?" The chief medtech Mr Yoo asked the moment she stepped on the hospital hallway. She answered with a bored nod, she never got along with this guy very well, ever since she started work as a medical technologist in that hospital in Seoul. 

 

Yep, she graduated with a bachelor's degree when Hakyeon promised to marry her after graduating from high school. 

 

Only if she graduated from high school. 

 

She could still remember the time when she told him she wanted to go to college as if it only happened yesterday. 

 

--

 

Yong Haneul was on her senior year in high school and she will be graduating a few months from now. An activity a while back had her thinking of few things, and she wants Hakyeon to discuss it with her, so she went to his workplace. 

 

"Oh, what brought you here, Haneul?" It was Han Seonsaeng-nim who opened the door for her. 

 

She bowed at the female teacher respectfully, "congrats on your wedding by the way." She started,"is Cha Seonsaeng-nim there?" She asked, craning her neck in hopes of seeing him inside."

 

"Oh, Hakyeon-ssi? He was teaching the first years. He'll be back after an hour. Would you want to wait for him inside?"

 

"N-no..." She trailed off. "I'll wait for him at the field." She bowed again respectfully before turning to leave finally. 

 

Two hours since her visit, the girl found herself beside Hakyeon, sitting nervously. He smiled at her, "what is it?"

 

She smiled uneasily, avoiding his gaze. He raised his brows at her. "I think..."

 

He took hold of her right hand before squeezing it lightly, showing her his support. "Its okay," he whispered. "You can always tell me anything."

She smiled finally at what he said. She looked at him quickly before leaning her head on his shoulder. "I..."

 

"You...?" Hakyeon trailed off and Haneul laughed at his silliness. With her other hand, she grasp the hand that was holding hers and repeated what he did earlier. "I want to go to the uni." She bit her lip in embarrassment. 

 

She felt nervous when he didn't response immediately. Soon, his body shook and she found herself frowning at this, quickly moving away from him, she glared at his laughing figure. 

 

"What's so funny?!" She snarled at him. 

 

Quickly collecting his self, Hakyeon turned to cage Haneul again in his arms, one thing she didn't avoided. 

 

"Do it..." He whispered, his hand caressing her hair in a loving manner as he placed her head on his chest. 

 

"Do whatever it is that will make you happy..."

 

--

 

"How about accompanying me to dinner?" He invited, wiggling his brows at her. Seriously, this middle aged man is a ert and she kept on reminding herself that he has a higher position every time gangster Haneul wants to come out and beat him to pulp. 

 

She smiled charmingly at him, "no, thank you. I'm good," declining his offer politely. "But I could do make use of a huge amount of sleep after being wide awake for almost two days."

 

The medtech nodded. "Oh, in your bed?" Haneul frowned at this. "How about going to dinner with me, and I'll warm up your bed, huh? Sounds good?"

 

That does it.

 

Quickly clenching her fists, the girl in her twenty's readied herself to charge at the offensive man if only she didn't hear him calling her name. 

 

"Haneul-ah!" 

 

Both she and Mr Yoo turned to the direction of the voice and she forced herself not to show hearty eyes towards him, she's still mad at him. 

 

After waving his hand, Hakyeon immediately jogged towards her girlfriend, not forgetting to give the older man a bow of respect, before turning to Haneul again, "is your shift done?"

 

He ually offended me, you ! Haneul tried her very best to not seethe in anger especially that Hakyeon was sweet enough to fetch her home. 

 

So instead, she smiled lovingly at her boyfriend of eight years as she answered, "yes," with a quick raised of a brow which Hakyeon found odd. 

 

"Let's go," smiling lovingly, Haneul entwined her fingers with the latter, his eyes following the movements of her fingers. Sending a quick glare at Mr Yoo, she smiled charmingly again when Hakyeon looked up confused. 

 

"As for the invitation earlier, I'm sorry Mr Yoo. But I already have someone to warm my bed up every night, so if you please excuse us..." She bowed deeply before showing the flabbergasted guy their entwined fingers, sending him one quick glare before pulling the ever confused Hakyeon away. 

 

--

 

Upon reaching the parking lot, the boyfriend must have realized finally that Haneul was dragging him all along and he break free from her hold. 

 

"What's your problem, Haneul?!" He huffed, nursing his bruised wrist. Without turning, the younger snarl at him, "says the one who bowed deeply at the enemy!"

 

At this, Hakyeon frowned before finally taking hold of Haneul's shoulders and turning her around. "What's your problem, really? What's wrong with being respectful to people?–"

 

"He offended me ually!" She exclaimed, frustration getting the best of her. The guy stilled at her revelation, "what did he do to you?"

 

"Oh so now you're –"

 

"What did he do to you?!" Hearing him speak in a dangerously low tone made the female gulp and she avoided his piercing gaze. "He told me..." She trailed off, deciding whether it would be best to tell him.

 

"He told me he'd warm my bed for me." Haneul felt his hold in her shoulders loosening, until she could no longer feel his heat on her body. She quickly stare at him when she heard him speak, "should I beat him up for you?"

 

Quickly grabbing onto his sleeves, Haneul shook her head repeatedly. "No, no, no, no, no," she started. "His body size is double compared to yours. Also..." She bit her lip, trying her best as to not offend her man, but she couldn't think of the right words to tell him. "You're extremely weak, you don't stand a chance," she grimaced when thoughts of what will happen to him when he confronted the older made its way to her mind. 

 

She avoided Hakyeon's gaze yet again when she noticed him rolling his eyes. After a few seconds, she heard him sighing before he asked her, "what do you want me to do?" 

 

Her brows raised at this question. What does she want him to do? Well, there is one thing. 

 

Smiling cheekily, she beamed at him, "hug me." 

 

"Huh?"

 

"Hug me," she repeated, eyes bright whereas Hakyeon's frown was deeper than the sea. "I'm sorry?"

 

She let go of his sleeves as she opened her arms wide, "hug me! And I'll feel better!" 

 

Hakyeon scoffed lightly, "that's it?" She nodded. "Wow, really." 

 

She threw herself at him, embracing him tightly as she Nuzzled her face on his chest. 

 

Yes, nothing feels better than his hugs and his kisses. "You should hug me back, you ." She mumbled. 

 

--

 

Inside the car, Hakyeon was busy wearing his seatbelt, wherein Haneul was also busy with something else. He looked at his right to see her fumbling with the compar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter