Making Sense

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arriving at the hotel, Areum let out a yawn, ready to get some sleep. Her manager quickly left for his room so she wasn't able to ask him more of anything, leaving her to head to her room with the girls on her own. Ever since the interview, he has been a bit more cautious, and it was making her suspicions grow even more. They went to grab a quick dinner, and he was always on his phone, though keeping the screen away from her view. Shrugging it off for now, the soloist decided to go ahead and get some rest since it seemed as though the girls were already fast asleep.

Though as soon as she got to her shared room with Lisa and Jisoo, she blinked in surprise to see the three beds pushed together and the two girls were sound asleep on the sides, leaving the middle for Areum. A small smile made its way to her face as she shook her head at their antics and then went to the bathroom to change her clothes and proceed with her nightly routine. Once that was done, she would head to the bed, quietly and carefully laying down so she wouldn't disturb the two sleeping girls.

The shifting of the bed, however, caused Lisa to stir from her slumber before she's turning and looking at the older girl, a tired smile on her face. "You're back." She murmured softly, making Areum return the gesture and nod her head. Lisa then moved closer, draping an arm around the older girl's torso and then cuddling to her side. "Get some sleep, unnie. It's late." The maknae muttered quietly and Areum could tell that she was falling asleep again with the way her voice grew quieter. "Goodnight." She whispered before following the girl into dreamland, a smile on both their faces.

When Jisoo woke up the following day, she was pressed up to Areum's left, the latter's arm around her while the other was around Lisa. It looked like, some time in the night, they all ended up cuddling. A smile painted her lips before she pressed a light kiss to Areum's cheek and then carefully got off the bed, not wanting to wake the brunette, before she proceeded to wake the maknae.

When she did wake, Jisoo was gesturing for her to keep quiet, so Lisa nodded her head as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes then went to the bathroom to wash her face while Jisoo went to check on the other two and wake them if they were still asleep. Luckily, Rosé was already washing up when she checked, leaving Jennie as the only one sleeping. Once all four of them were gathered in the main room, they excitedly got everything ready. "I hope she likes this." Rosé had to hold back a squeal when Jennie informed them that they were ready.

 

Exiting the bedroom, the soloist was looking around before spotting her roommates, along with the other two, already at the table. "Why are you all up so early?" Areum questioned them and the eldest grinned at her once she entered the room. She gestured for her to come over and then told her to sit down. "We prepared breakfast, duh." She said in a playful tone, making Areum chuckle. "All four of you cooked?" She asked them, but the smiles on their faces just confused her more after they shook their heads. "We didn't cook." Jennie informed her as she handed her a bowl of rice. "We didn't order anything either, if that's what you're thinking." Rosé added as she began to put some food on her plate.

The soloist looked even more confused. If no one cooked and they didn't order, then where did this all come from?

Observing the table again, Areum noted that it did look more of a homemade meal rather than take out. But before she could ask again, a knock from the main door came, making Lisa hop to her feet and hurry over to greet whoever was there. "Don't our managers have cards for the room?" She asked curiously, looking at the girls, but they were all standing at this point and looking to the door. Were they expecting anyone?

But her question was soon answered when Lisa came back with a woman next to her, looking to be in her late forties, though she did look a bit familiar. Behind them was a man and woman, both younger than the woman with Lisa. She stood to greet their guests, but when Areum was still trying to identify who these people were, there was a tiny voice that greeted her ears in a high pitched tone. "Auntie!"

A small figure suddenly came crashing against her legs and tiny arms went around her waist. Areum looked like a deer in headlights as she looked at the little girl, looking exactly like the couple, so she assumes this was their daughter.

"Sam, what did we talk about?" The mother asked her daughter in english, and the little girl pouted as she looked to her mom. "Come on, kiddo. You can play with auntie after." The man said this time, a fond smile on his face and his daughter reluctantly obeyed, obviously wanting to spend time with the soloist. But it was that thought that made her even more puzzled.

He then turned towards Areum and gave her another smile, and again she's hit with a sense of familiarity. "So, are you going to just stand there or are you going to give any of us a hug?" Caught off guard, Areum turns to the girls, but they're all standing to the side, giving her small nods and smiles of encouragement whilst the woman smacked the young man's arm. "Michael, hush." She scolded as the male rubbed his neck. "I was just trying to lighten things up." He complained and Areum watches them both closely before the elder woman finally took a step toward her.

Areum could see her features up close. Brown hair, pale skin, teary grey eyes, and a motherly smile. The conclusion she was drawing in her head made her heart start to race. But before she could say or do anything, the woman carefully reached for her face as a tear slipped from her eyes. "My little girl, I'm so glad you're okay." She murmured before Areum was being pulled into a hug, clearly at a loss. "Y-You mean you're my..." The nod the male gave her was enough confirmation and her knees buckled as she returned the warm embrace.

The brunette buried her face to her mother's shoulder and a weak whimper passed her lips as her own shoulders started to shake at the sobs she tried to keep bottled in. Her mother caressed her head in a soothing manner, whispering sweet nothings in her ear as the man, Michael, walked closer and wrapped his arms around the two of them with his own eyes starting to tear up. "We missed you so much."

The four watched the heartwarming reunion, also tearing up at the sight and seeing Areum cry. "God, I'm crying too." Jennie whined as she tried to stop the tears from coming. Lisa gave her tissues to wipe them away while also wiping her own tears. "Even Jisoo unnie is crying." Rosé hiccupped and the said girl gave her a small shove. "I'm not. I don't feel empathy, remember?" Though even as she says this, she had tears trailing down her cheeks.

Areum looked at her friends and laughed lightly when they finally broke the hug. "How did you even get here?" She asked and her mother gestured to the four. "These girls pulled some strings." Michael stated and Areum raised a brow at them while they grinned sheepishly. "Jisoo unnie contacted your brother before we left and we've been planning on having them come for when we arrive here." Jennie explained after finally drying her tears. "We had to ask permission from our managers and the CEO. Luckily, we were able to persuade them." Rosé also said and Areum had to go over to them to give them all a hug, one they returned with much vigor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter