Feeling comfortable...

Truth or Dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Deciding to break the silence you spoke up first. “You know, we don’t have to do anything. We can just sit here til someone says times up. I’m perfectly okay with that!” Your thumb gently rubbing her outer hand, assuring her that you were being sincere.

 

She gives you a shy smile. “Yeah…But then everyone would think I wasn’t able to handle this.”

 

“So? It’s not like you need to prove anything to anyone. Right?” She looked away from you. Maybe she did have something to prove, but to herself. She had this super pure and innocent image. Everyone knew it and everyone treated her like so. Maybe she wanted to be a bit reckless for once. But you couldn’t be sure exactly. “What made you decide to play Jisoo’s game tonight anyway?”

 

Her hand fell loose in yours. Obviously, her feelings right now were related to the night in some way.

 

“The girls are always teasing me and making fun of me for not being brave or courageous enough to play. Jisoo asks me to play all the time, but I always find reasons not to. Well, I guess there more like excuses. But I don’t want to come off as some fragile or weak girl. Cause I’m not...I...I just don’t like doing these kind of things.” The frown on her face broke your heart. “I’m not someone that can just be reckless for fun. I-I wanted to prove I could be like everyone else for once. So earlier I told Jisoo I was gonna do whatever game she planned. I thought I could handle it no matter what. If it wasn’t for Jennie helping me water down the shots, I wouldn’t be able to handle that either....Jisoo is a little much.” It seemed to be the first time she realized it, despite having been one of Jisoo’s best friends for years.

 

You chuckled at that. “Yeah that’s an understatement. It’s a good thing you didn’t join the last game...you definitely wouldn’t have been ready for all that!” She burst into laughter. The second she started laughing, it hit you. She must’ve heard about what happened from someone.. As much as you wished she didn’t you couldn’t do anything about it. All you did in response was hang your head in shame for a bit. “I guess I’m never gonna live that down am I? Who told you?”

 

“Honestly, everyone! Mostly Jennie though, she wouldn’t shut up about it the next day.” You tried to keep your cheeks from blushing. “See? Your a good example of what I’m talking about. How can you be so carefree? I feel like your always with someone new and doing things that are..like fun. I don’t know your just so cool to be around.”

 

“You think I’m cool?” To be honest you’ve never really thought about how others saw you. Rather you just lived the way you did without too much thought. 

 

She turns her body in towards you. “Well yeah! I’m kind of intimidated to talk to you. I feel like you think I’m like…I don’t know…lame or something.” She didn’t finish her thought but it made you feel sad. You didn’t want her to think you thought of her as anything other than amazing.

 

“Well I don’t think…that….at all.” Lifting her chin so she was looking back you, you continue. “You should always just be you. No matter what. Trust me people will like you regardless.”

 

“You think so.” She says as your hand still rests below her chin.

 

“Of course, your Rosie. Whats not to like?”  A small smile returns to her lips. “You know if it makes you feel any better, you’ve handled every dare tonight like a champ.”

 

“I doubt it. I haven’t exactly done anything that’s proved my point yet.” Her hand gently pushes a stray strand of hair behind her ear. The both of you adjust the way your sitting so you both face each other more comfortably.

 

“Well I mean, you didn’t back out from this! Pretty wild if you ask me!” 

 

“Ugh, I’m so lame aren’t I? If I was any other girl this whole ‘having fun thing’ would be more fun for you, right?” You laugh and she follows your lead shyly laughing along with you. “I’m not complaining am I! I think this is nice. If anything this would be lame if it were anyone else!”  

 

Things blur for a second as she hastily locks lips with you. Forced with no warning or sign she was gonna do it. Her nose smashes against yours and the position is slightly awkward before she pulls back. 

 

You were taken back by the sudden kiss. You freeze a bit in your seat, shocked. It showed. She jumped up from the bed and seemed frantic. She started pacing the room back and forth. “Oh god. That wasn’t good was it? I’m sorry. Sorry. I havent-“

 

You stoped her by grabbing onto her. “It’s fine. it was fine. I was just a bit, shocked that’s all. I didn’t expect you to-.”

 

“But it wasn’t good was it. I’m so stupid.” She walks acr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter