CHAPTER 7

Away With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Hyejoo and Chaewon had woken up extremely early to finish packing everything up for their flight back. After fitting everything snugly into their suitcases they waited for the right time to head out, only to be interrupted by a knock on their hotel room door. Opening it, they found the guides waiting outside and they explained they were going room by room telling everyone the flight was postponed to the afternoon. Hearing the message, and as the guides went on their way, they both tried to catch a little more sleep. Unfortunately, neither of them were able to go to sleep again so they laid there, snuggled close under the comfortable warmth of Hyejoo’s bed sheets. 

The blonde sunk back into Hyejoo’s chest and focused on the feeling of the taller girl's arms around her. She took a deep breath and rolled over onto her other side, facing the other girl who still held her. “Hey.” Chaewon said softly, bringing a smile to the other girl’s lips. “Hey.” Hyejoo replied. “Let's stay in...until we have to go.” She avoided Hyejoo’s eyes at the suggestion, her voice soft and shy, a faint pink blush appearing on her cheeks. “Yeah, I’d like that.” Hyejoo placed her hand gently on the smaller girl’s cheek and, when Chaewon finally looked back into her eyes, she leaned in to kiss her. 

Surprisingly enough, they hadn't kissed again since the ferris wheel. Even though it was the only thing both of them wanted to do or thought about since they had parted. This time, without the ferris wheel and the first time nerves there to interrupt them, they lingered longer. The morning light was starting to seep in through the blinds, and the peacefulness of the room matched the gentle kisses. 

Hyejoo’s thumb moved gently over Chaewon’s cheek as they pulled back and exchanged a sincere look, their breath a little caught in their throats. “How about breakfast?” Hyejoo spoke up, and Chaewon nodded, already looking forward to spending the day inside with her. Hyejoo phoned for room service, offering her company card once again, deep down wishing they'd never have to leave this hotel room. 

They enjoyed their breakfast in bed, the room’s tv playing a movie in the background. They had initially sat down to eat and enjoy it but ended up paying more attention to each other. As the clock ticked their precious time away, the looming thought of what awaited in the coming hours weighed heavy on both of them, but neither had the courage to bring it up. It was when they finished breakfast that Hyejoo got up from bed and shut off the tv, turning to Chaewon with a more serious look on her face.

“Chae...we’re gonna have to talk about what's gonna happen at some point.” 

Chaewon lowered her eyes, already expecting this conversation, but part of her still wanted to believe they still had more time to put it off. 

“Chae..?” Hyejoo called out, interrupting her thoughts. 

“Yeah, I know, Hye.” she trailed off. Hyejoo approached the smaller girl and sat at the edge of the bed, reaching out to hold her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. 

“I'm gonna have to go back to work.” Hyejoo started. “But, I’m free on the weekends. I can go meet you halfway or wherever you want.”

“It'll be weird to wake up and not see you on the other side of the room..” Chaewon commented quietly. Hyejoo pursed her lips, choosing to look out the glass door at the beach. 

“Garden of Eden.” Chaewon decided to say.

“What?”

“Garden of Eden. That's what my flower shop is called. It's a two story building, the flower shop is on the bottom floor and my apartment is on the second.” 

“Wait…” Hyejoo paused and brought out her phone, searching the name of Chaewon’s flower shop. “This one?” Hyejoo showed Chaewon her screen, the shop’s picture was the first result, and under was its general information. 

Chaewon nodded. “That's like...two hours away from where I live.” Hyejoo commented.

“Is that too far?” 

“No, no...it's way closer than I thought it would be.” Hyejoo smiled, evidently a little relieved. “I can drive there on the weekends. If you want, of course.”

“You know I can visit you too, right?” Hyejoo chuckled at the comment. She squeezed Chaewon’s hand once again and sighed. Missing Chaewon was inevitable, but knowing that they weren't too far from each other lifted a huge weight off her shoulders. 

After so much time she finally remembered what it felt like to look forward to the weekend. She hadn't been working at the accounting firm too long, she was probably about to hit her third year. But still, it was three years of going back to her apartment to no one, three years of looking at her bleak, gray and white walls. She only had company when her best friend from her hometown decided to travel and visit, but other than that she spent her weekends home alone, going out by herself occasionally. 

“Thank you” Chaewon said softly. Hyejoo searched her eyes, wondering what she was being thanked for. “for trying this out with me.” 

At this, Hyejoo pulled gently on the hand she was holding and met Chaewon halfway once again in a kiss. This kiss was different, not light or gentle, but Hyejoo held her waist and she took Hyejoo's face in her hands once more. Chaewon could somehow feel how much Hyejoo wanted things to work out through the kiss, as it deepened and they lost themselves in each other. 

 

***

 

The pilot called out for people to turn off their electronics and fasten their seatbelts as the plane prepared for departure. The plane slowly pushed forward and the reality of how they'd soon be parting ways set in for Hyejoo. If knowing that Chaewon didn't live too far did something to ease her before, it wasn't doing anything for her now. She felt uncertainty creeping in the deepest parts of her, reminding her how short the time they h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter