My Favorite Moment

dear, Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: A short Yoontae for the soul and also because I promised to write them more.

Title from the TTS song whisper.

 

-

 

As Girls’ Generation’s leader, Kim Taeyeon, she’d say she was fair and that she didn’t have a favorite amongst her members.

 

"So, Girls' Generation... or me?"

 

Taeyeon groans at the ridiculous question.

 

"Yoong, stop this already. You're literally a member of the group. And have you forgotten that I'm part of it too?"

 

"I know.” She releases an indignant whine. “Still, answer the question."

 

No, she will not answer that question. Not if she wanted to stay alive and not get beaten up by seven other girls who were, with much emphasis, a whole lot taller than her (sans Sunkyu).

 

But Taeyeon knew Yoona very well.

 

And she knew exactly what the younger girl was going to do next and— yeap! There it is, the magical Yoona pout that Taeyeon swears she's immune to but still falls for every single time.

 

"Gahh! Stop!" She looks away and deliberately tries to cover the whole of Yoona's face. Until she feels slightly larger hands lace into her own before gently pushing them down.

 

"Taeng?"

 

Taeyeon refuses to look.

 

“Look at me, please?” her voice was soft, a whisper.

 

She couldn’t deny the command, she never could. Slowly, carefully, she turns her head to regard Yoona. Taeyeon was expecting a teasing expression but was faced with a look she’s seen on Yoona many times before, one that she only gave Taeyeon and not anyone else.

 

Wonder, adoration, love.

 

“You already know my answer,” she uttered quietly, her eyes still locked on the girl she loved more than anyone.

 

A big, sincere smile blooms on Yoona’s face. Yoona told her once before that an honest Taeyeon was always the best Taeyeon. What she didn’t know: Taeyeon could never be untruthful towards her anyways.

 

“I know. Your favorite is Sooyoung-unnie,” Yoona remarks teasingly.

 

Taeyeon frowns at first, then laughs, understanding the joke tucked in there, and at Yoona with her arms dramatically propped over her forehead like she was in one of those 80’s soap operas. This time, it was Taeyeon who had the same look that was on Yoona’s face earlier on.

 

As normal, dork, Kim Taeyeon, she’d silently confess in the dark recesses of her mind that her favorite was Im Yoona.

 

It wasn’t a secret anyway, no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

 

 

-

 

 

Not like anyone in the close-knit group didn’t already know, but Taeyeon liked to think she was sleek about her adoration for the younger girl. To say she was whipped for her band member was both accurate and an understatement.

 

Yes, she was definitely whipped. How could she not be when the younger girl was as beautiful as she was kind. Eccentric a lot of times but it was what drew Taeyeon to her even more. She didn’t have any right not to when she shared the same level of peculiarity anyways.

 

Maybe that was why they clicked.

 

At the same time, whipped was too simple of a word to describe the immense feeling that overtakes Taeyeon’s chest whenever she thinks of her favorite.

 

This is how she writes her first love song.

 

"Gemini? Seriously?" Tiffany barely conceals her snicker, Taeyeon grumbling in annoyance.

 

"It was the best I could think of!"

 

"Taeyeon-ah," her best friend dramatically pauses, "it's like you're practically entitling this song as 'Y-O-O-N-A' in big bold letters. Could you be any more obvious?"

 

How the hell does she see through Taeyeon that easily?

 

"It's not just that. Anyone with eyes and a brain can figure it out."

 

"So you can read minds now too," Taeyeon mutters underneath her breath.

 

"Not just anyone's mind. Yours specifically." She smiles that dazzling one of hers, eyes disappearing into crescents.

 

Taeyeon looks away.

 

 

 

She doesn't change the title.

 

She's fifty percent regretting that decision as her members each message her in various ways of words and emojis th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter