Chapter 8

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 8

 

Ga Eul

At the time that I left the school building, Jan Di, Hee Young and Ha Ni were quite a bit ahead of me. It took me a few moments to catch up to them but when I did I instantly wished to run back once again. The tension around the four of us was palpable. Nobody was saying anything, Ha Ni for some obvious reasons and Jan Di and Hee Young (and me) probably out of fear of Ha Ni. She had been damn scary in there, just a few moments ago, truly a sight to behold! It had been a while since I had seen Ha Ni so enraged. Actually it had been a first.

I had seen her upset, angry and livid, like today, but never had she resorted to using physical violence, never! Well, except for that one time… but that didn’t count.

Anyways, my point was that, Hee Young and Jan Di were normally the hot-headed ones, who liked to throw a few good punches and kicks, here and there. Even I had times, in which I hadn’t been able to control myself but Ha Ni, never!

Well, enough about Ha Ni, there was something else that was disturbing me.

That idiotic love letter; there was no way Ha Ni could have written such a hideous thing. So, who had then?

“Crap!” Ha Ni muttered and the next thing I knew the rest of us were bumping into each other, while she took a U-turn and took off in the direction we had been coming from.

“Hey, where are you going?” Jan Di called after her.

“Something important.” was the answer we got: “Don’t forget to pick up Sang Hee.” she added, still running, with her back to us.

“Do we follow her?” Jan Di asked after we couldn’t see Ha Ni anymore.

“Didn’t you hear what she said?” I responded sarcastically: “We have to pick up Sang Hee.” I looked at my cell phone for the time: “And we’re already late for that.”

 

Jun Pyo

It looked like I wasn’t the only one anymore with a souvenir from one of hell-raising-quartet.

That slap must have been quite a blow to Seung Jo’s ego. I know mine suffered a lot when Geum Jan Di kicked me and let’s be honest, there’s not much of a difference between his ego and mine.

We were in our recreation room by now, still in the school building and Seung Jo seemed to be just as shell-shocked as he had been about 20 minutes ago, when he had been slapped.

He hadn’t uttered a word since his conversation with Oh Ha Ni (not that he was much of a talker usually) and now that he was sitting on the couch, love letter still in hand, he looked more rattled than I had ever seen him.

Man, it wasn’t like him at all to lose his expressionless mask!

“You alright mate?” I asked him curiously. Woo Bin and Yi Jung looked at him expectantly.

No response…

“You know, what I don’t get is, if it wasn’t Oh Ha Ni, who wrote the letter, then who did it?” Woo Bin questioned aloud.

Well, he wasn’t the only one who had been wondering.

“It must have been some other girl.” Yi Jung concluded: “I mean we all know what kinds of girls attend this school. It’s not like all of them are sweet, little innocent girls. The whole school knows how much Seung Jo hates this kind of stuff,” he pointed to the love letter: “And to top it all off, that thing was full of mistakes, not even a grade-schooler is capable of, another thing that Seung Jo hates and everyone knows about.”

“Yeah, you’re right!” Woo Bin said: “And quite frankly said Oh Ha Ni doesn’t strike me as a stupid girl at all.”

Didn’t strike me as one either.

“If you guys are finished with playing detective then I’d like to leave now” I sighed.

Both Yi Jung and Woo Bin looked at me as I stood up and Yi Jung opened his mouth to say something: “Nobody was stopping till now buddy.”

“Well, I thought you might miss my presence when I’m gone.” I replied.

Both of them arched their eyebrows at me (What was that all about anyways?) and this time Woo Bin spoke: “Yeah bro, we miss you every second that you’re not with us.”

I smirked.

They should have told me something I didn’t already know…

 

Author

Just a few moments after Jun Pyo left the recreation room a panting Ha Ni entered it.

All three boys looked up from their seats on the couch at their new visitor and Seung Jo noticed her labored breathing and flushed cheeks, which came from all the running she had done to get there.

When her breathing began to become normal again, she searched the room until her eyes met Seung Jo’s.

She swallowed, still remaining eye contact: “I’m sorry.”

That was definitely something Seung Jo wasn’t expecting (or the other two guys for that matter).

When he parted his lips to say something, she cut him off: “Don’t get me wrong! I’m only apologizing for the way that I told you off, not for the fact that I did. There were other ways to respond to your…accusation…slapping you wasn’t necessary, that’s why I’m sorry…” she took her eyes off of him, looked at the other two people in the room, who were staring at her with wide eyes and then back at him once again.

“That’s all I had to say.” she said quickly: “Bye!”

With those words, she her heels and ran out of the room as fast as she had entered it.

 

Seung Jo

I stared in awe at the place she had stood, just a few seconds ago.

My head was about to explode at that point. Too much had happened today and even if most people thought that my brain could take everything, that wasn’t true. Even my brain had a limit for too much input at once.

That girl…

That girl had snapped at me, had slapped me, had apologized for the latter and had still made her point clear, all in one day.

I knew Woo Bin and Yi Jung were right with their assumptions of the real writer of the letter and it made me furious, furious at myself.

How could I have been so idiotic?

I had worked with her, had had some interesting conversations with her, thought of her as a perfectly nice and decent girl and then, I had let one damn letter destroy all these thoughts!

“You should apologize to her as well, you know.” Yi Jung’s voice shook me out of my inner monologue.

“Yi Jung’s right.” of course Woo Bin thought that Yi Jung was right: “There was no need for her to say sorry for slapping you at all and she still did. Honestly man,” he patted my right shoulder: “You really deserved that slap.”

Yi Jung patted my left shoulder: “You did.” he nodded.

Wow, that womanizing duo sure knew how to convince you of their opinions. No wonder almost every girl fell for their charms.

Nonetheless, I already knew they were right to some extent. There was no point in denying that, even if I hadn’t known that she hadn’t written the letter.

Then again, she had been the one to slap me in front of the whole school… for which she had just said sorry…

“So, will you do it?” Yi Jung’s voice once again.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Apologize.” Woo Bin answered for him.

Apologize? I wasn’t even sure if I knew how to do that.

How the hell was I supposed to apologize to that girl?

“I don’t know.” I finally replied to their question.

I really didn’t know…

End of Chapter

 

Hey Guys!

I know, it has been almost 3 months since I uploaded the last chapter (Well I uploaded monday morning but that didn't come back with the rest of aff...) but I really couldn't get this one out before. Writer's block is a ... Anyways, Thanks for all the comments that I'm getting lately and of course to all my subscribers. I remember that with Special Kiss it took me a lot more time to gain a 100 but here, only 7(8) chapters out and already I have over 130 =D

One more thing, someone asked me why this story was rated, because there isn't anything rated in here as of now. So for now this story is not rated anymore, but it will get there at some point and I will warn you all, when that happens...

So, how did you like this chapter?

By the way, I really enjoyed writing Jun Pyo's POV. Please tell me, how you think Jun Pyo's character and thoughts striked you. There was a certain way I was trying to show him as, so your comments would be helpful. Oh and before you all go hating on Ha Ni (and me for that matter) try to guess Ha Ni's reason for apologizing and mine for making her do it. Hint: They are two different reasons...

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes =)

Kamsahamnida for all your support and patience!!!

p.s. I Love You<3

p.p.s. ...and here I was trying to keep this author's note short...

p.p.p.s. @ Zie, yes somehow we're only aloud a limit of seven tags maximum, don't know why though...