Chapter 4

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 4

 

Ga Eul

After that eventful first day of classes, the following three weeks passed without any special incidents.

Everything was as normal as it could possibly be.

It seemed our first meeting on our first day had left lingering impressions on our small class of eight people.

Jan Di and Jun Pyo fought every chance they got.

Hee Young was suspiciously quiet about the whole school transfer.

Ha Ni, she was as silent as ever, when she met new people.

And I, well I was trying really hard not to lose my control.

That Yi Jung was really something, if you asked me. Whenever I walked into a room, where he already was, he would turn to Woo Bin and start whispering, while grinning like a stupid fool. Woo Bin was no better, to be honest. He did the same thing Yi Jung did to me, to Hee Young. Those two together were worse than two gossiping ahjummas.

I was starting to wonder what the hell had happened to Hee Young’s temper! She should have had attacked Woo Bin by now but there was no sign of such a thing happening now or in the near future.

Seung Jo was the only one, who was behaving halfway civil, though only because he didn’t talk to or about us four girls, if it wasn’t really necessary, except for Ha Ni, that is, with her he seemed a bit more… frank. And Ha Ni seemed to like him quite a bit. This was the first time she was interested in a guy, which was great in Jan Di’s, Hee Young’s and my opinion.

So, as was already said, everything was going as normal as it possibly could.

It was at the end of these three weeks that, many things started happening, all at once.

“You vile little commoner, you ruined my jacket! And look what you did to my hair!” Jun Pyo shouted at the top of his lungs, which was awfully shrill and made him sound like a woman. The last lesson for Friday had just ended and everyone was packing their things together, when Jun Pyo’s words turned every single one’s attention. He was standing tall and intimidatingly over Jan Di, while the latter was trying to suppress her laugh, without any success. Looking once again at Jun Pyo I wanted to laugh out as well. His jacket and curly hair were covered in Jan Di’s strawberry milk.

The others in the room weren’t even trying to hide their amusement.

“You seriously have the nerve to laugh at me after this?” the furious guy accused Jan Di, while pointing a finger at himself.

Jan Di finally managed to swallow her giggles and responded: “I’m not laughing at you, believe me! All of this was just an accident. I was merely trying to drink something and slipped. I’m really sorry this happened, I mean it!”

“One mere apology does not erase the fact that you ruined my jacket AND my hair.” he was yelling like a madman.

“Do you want me to apologize once more?” Jan Di asked innocently.

“NO! You- I- Arghhh!!!” he dug his hands into his sticky hair: “You’re so stupid!”

“Yah!” Jan Di was shouting now too: “I already said I was sorry. You don’t have to insult me!”

The Shinwa heir let out a frustrated huff and toned down his voice to a raspy, threatening whisper: “You’re going to pay for this.”

With that, he stormed out of the room, followed by the amused rest of F4.

 

Woo Bin

“I will make her regret this, even if it’s the last thing I do!” Jun Pyo was pacing around in the F4 lounge, once again. He had been doing this since yesterday, since his fight with Jan Di, murmuring the same sentence for the nth time in 24 hours.

“Ugh!” he hit his own forehead with his hand: “Why didn’t I think of this before? The Red Card.”

“You really want to give her the Red Card? Aren’t you overreacting a little bit? She’s only a girl.” Seung Jo interrupted Jun Pyo’s musings.

“Not only do I want to give her a Red Card but also those three friends of her.” came Jun Pyo’s response: “Don’t you guys remember how all four of them were behaving on the first day?”

Now that got my attention: “Let the other three out of your personal rivalries with Jan Di, Jun Pyo-ah.” I told him: “You don’t see any of them or us interfering with your business.”

Before our dumb leader could answer, Yi Jung spoke up: “You know her, don’t you?”

“What do you mean?” I knew exactly what he meant.

“Hee Young.” he said simply: “You know her, right? I saw you two arguing on the first day and Song Woo Bin never argues with girls, unless he’s really close with them. So tell us! What’s up?”

Idiotic best friends! How came that at least one of them always knew that something was up?

“It’s nothing!” I insisted.

“Park Hee Young.” Jun Pyo said thoughtfully. Nothing good could result from a situation where Gu Jun Pyo was thinking.

“Now that I think about it, that name sounds awfully familiar. But where have I heard it?” he continued.

Seung Jo let out a low chuckle.

Nothing good could result from a situation where Seung Jo was laughing.

“Do you remember when we were in preschool?” he finally told us.

I swallowed. I was so done for.

He continued: “There was this one girl, who Woo Bin knew… He used to call her… his princess.”

Two seconds after Seung Jo’s words, Jun Pyo and Yi Jung burst out in laughs.

Yi Jung was the first one to sober up again though: “Wait a second!” he gasped out: “Isn’t she supposed to be your fiancée?”

Well, they had to find it out at some point. It was better sooner than later.

 

Author

The weekend ended as soon as it had begun and before anyone knew it, it was Monday again.

“Jan Di-ah, would you hurry up, please? We’re getting late for class.” Ha Ni urged Jan Di, who was currently busy trying to open her locker.

“I’m trying.” the latter replied: “But my locker door just won’t open. It’s jammed.”

Finally, after another five minutes of trying the locker did open up.

In hurry to get to her class on time, she took out her books without looking at her locker clearly.

“Hey, what’s that?” Ga Eul pointed at something right in front of Jan Di’s face, hung at the top of her locker.

It was a red card of the size of a hand. The picture of a skull and the word F4 could be seen without a doubt.

Then, all of a sudden a male voice shouted: “3rd year’s Geum Jan Di just received a Red Card!”

End of Chapter

 

Hey my dear readers!

Long time no see, no? I know, I'm a horrible uploader but I can't help it. The stupid writer's block just won't end!!!

Anyways, saw something interesting in this short chapter? Liked what you read? Surprised? Please tell me in your comments! 

By the way, thanks for commenting, reading and subscribing so much and please keep doing that!

Oh and "pumpkinpie" asked me if Park Hee Young was a fictional character. To answer that, yes, she is! Normally I would have written that in my description but somehow I forgot it. Thanks for mentioning it to me, it's written in the foreword now...

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes :D

Kamsahamnida for everything!

p.s. I love you people <3