Chapter 3

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 3

 

Author

“Well, normally I’d say, let’s start class but I don’t think that’s the case today. Are all four of you injured?” Madam Hwang was still standing by the door.

“I think it’s only Ha Ni, who is really injured.” Ga Eul said, while Jan Di and Hee Young nodded in agreement.

“I’m fine.” rang Ha Ni’s small voice: “A few wet tissues that is all I need.”

“It would be better if you go to the infirmary.” The teacher insisted: “Master Seung Jo please accompany Miss Ha Ni and don’t come back without her.”

“Yes Madam!” Seung Jo’s answer came without any hesitation and in an emotionless tone, as always.

“Madam, really, I can go on my own. It’s fine.” Ha Ni was trying frantically to avoid the inevitable situation, which was to follow.

“Nonsense! You’re new here. How would you know your way around? It’d better, if Master Seung Jo goes along.” as previously mentioned, inevitable. Those words were the end of the discussion and then the teacher ushered the two students outside: “Come on now, off you go.”

 

Yi Jung

As soon as Seung Jo closed the door after him, Madam Hwang turned back to face the rest of us: “So, now that we have cleared all the confusion, let’s start our first lesson before the bell rings… Well, I guess since it’s a new and your last school year, changes are in order. Boys will sit next to girls, if you please.”

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at the sitting arrangements. Boys next to girls? Where were we? In Preschool?

Couldn’t they have made any hotter girls share our classes?

Whatever!

I took the seat in between… What were their names again?

Oh right! Park Hee Young and Chu Ga Eul, was it? Yes, these were their names.

Woo Bin was sitting next to Hee Young, who was on my right. Next to him was the girl that had wanted to attack Jun Pyo. Geum Jan Di was her name, I think and next to her was Jun Pyo. I snickered inwardly. Those two sitting side by side couldn’t go well, could it?

The two seats between Jun Pyo and Ga Eul, at the round table, were empty, most probably for Seung Jo and that bleeding girl. Now, her name I had really forgotten.

Madam Hwang was currently rambling on about the upcoming topics in our classes and how there would be many partner assignments.

I had to keep myself from groaning. First we’re stuck, sitting next to such unsophisticated and dull girls and now we actually had to work with them as well?

I wondered how Seung Jo would react to this. Then again, if I really thought about it, that guy hardly showed any reaction to anything.

Beginning-of-the-term-lessons were always so boring… What to do? What to do?

One look at my fellow classmates showed that they were just as bored as me… or better said, they were otherwise occupied. Well, most of them were.

Jun Pyo and Jan Di were having one hell of a staring-daggers-at-the-other match. Woo Bin was engaged in whispered conversation with Hee Young, they seemed to be having an argument about something. Wait! Woo Bin and having an argument with a girl? That was weird and not his normal personality at all. I would have to ask him later, what this was all about.

On the other hand, that Ga Eul girl was, for a matter of fact, taking notes, though she was doodling on the side. I leaned closer to her, wishing for a distraction for this dragging lesson and whispered: “You are actually taking notes in the first lesson?”

She didn’t even bother looking up at me, let alone answer my question. I felt the childish desire to pull at her hair, so she would listen to me.

Nobody ignored So Yi Jung!

I poked the arm, she was writing so diligently with: “Hey, you!” I repeated a bit louder.

Finally she turned her head and looked at me, only to let out a startled gasp, while she placed a hand on her chest, as if I had scared her to death or anything.

“You were talking to me?” she whispered back.

I nodded and gave her my most charming smile: “So, you’re really taking notes.” I repeated.

She looked down at the almost full paper sheet in her notebook and then back up at me, pointing a finger at said notes: “These aren’t for me. They are for Ha Ni. I thought I could take some notes for her since she isn’t here yet.”

“Ha Ni?” who was she talking about?

“The girl that’s gone to the infirmary with one of your friends.” she explained, as though I was a little preschooler. She was thoroughly annoyed that I had forgotten her friend’s name.

I pointedly ignored her annoyance and continued my inquiry: “And why would she want these notes?”

The corner of twitched at my words. She was trying not to laugh: “She... she likes to be… prepared.”

“So, it would be nice if you wouldn’t disturb me anymore.” she added in a clipped tone, after a small pause.

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” I muttered more to myself rather than to her, sulking a little, for having lost my only distraction…

 

Author

A few moments after Yi Jung and Ga Eul’s conversation ended, a knock on the door announced Seung Jo and Ha Ni’s return. The two students entered the room and took the empty seats at the table, both smart enough to have noticed the boy-girl pattern.

Ha Ni had Band-Aids on both her knees and was holding a tissue pressed to her nose.

“I hope there isn’t any serious injury, Miss Ha Ni?” Madam Hwang asked concerned.

The injured girl could merely shake her head.

“Alright then, I was just telling your classmates that everyone will have a permanent partner assigned for the year, who you will have to work with, if it is demanded.” She spoke to the late-comers only: “You two, for example, Master Seung Jo and Miss Ha Ni, will be partnered up.” she smiled sweetly, too sweetly and continued: “Master Woo Bin and Miss Hee Young will work together, as well as Master Jun Pyo and Miss Jan Di. Last but not le-“

The teacher was cut off mid-sentence.

“You can’t be serious Madam!” Jun Pyo explained: “I can’t possibly work with this violent harpy!”

There was a wave of laughs, disguised as coughs, at his objection. That and a low cursing voice.

“Yes you can and you will! No discussions!” she said curtly: “Now, as I was saying, before Master Jun Pyo decided to so rudely interrupt me, the last two to be partnered up are Master Yi Jung and Miss Ga Eul.”

After this final statement, the hours till lunch break passed by in somewhat of a flight.

The four girls were all packed and out of the door in a heartbeat, as soon as the bell rang. A first day, like this, definitely was something, now wasn’t it?

Ten minutes of searching later, as they entered the cafeteria, Jan Di was still fuming: “What the hell does that guy think of himself?! Only because he’s rich doesn't mean he can boss around and insult anyone and everyone as he pleases! I swear to god, if he says another word of insult in any of ours direction then-“ she stopped abruptly, mid-rant and lowered her voice: “Ha Ni-ah, why is everybody staring at you?” she asked the girl walking next to her. Said girl seated herself at an empty table, waiting for the other three to follow, before she answered the question.

“They’re not staring at ME. They are staring at US.” Ha Ni replied calmly, taking out her lunch-box.

“Oh.” came Jan Di’s response: “And why are they doing that?”

Ga Eul sighed in frustration and answered instead of Ha Ni: “They’re doing that, because we’re the new students, idiot… Seriously, where did you leave your head today, Jan Di?”

Jan Di let out an amused chuckle: "It’s busy, plotting revenge on that curly fries.”

“And what’s up with you?” Ga Eul turned to Hee Young: “How come you’re so quiet today? What happened?”

“Nothing.” Hee Young muttered: “Those guys just ruined my mood, that’s all.”

“And you!” Ga Eul’s gaze fell lastly on Ha Ni: “What were you doing, playing those staring-games with that- what was his name again?”

“Baek Seung Jo.” Ha Ni mumbled: “And I wasn’t doing anything. I have no idea what you mean.”

Before Ga Eul was able to shoot out her next question, a high-pitched bell rang through the cafeteria and a commotion started.

A big crowd was forming at the end of the staircase, shouting and chanting: “F4! F4! F4! F4! F4! F4! F4! F4! F4! F4!!"

The four girls followed the gazes of the other students and their eyes landed on their four new classmates.

“Well,” Jan Di started.

“This is going to be an interesting year.” Ga Eul continued.

“Yeah.” Hee Young agreed.

“Interesting indeed.” Ha Ni voiced her opinion as well…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

I am really really soory for the long wait! I won't give you any useless excuses because I had writer's block, as simple as that and that is also why I won't promise any fixed date for the next chapter =D

So this chapter, didn't have any hyunmin scenes (sorry to my hyunmin fans :D) but as I told you guys, this story revolves around four couples and not only one, so it will have MANY chapters (and many love scenes). I hope you're okay with that...

That said, now please tell me, how you liked this chapter! I know, this is progressing slow but, the first day just had to be detailed, we all know why (first impression and all), so please don't mind that.

Also, 83 subscribers with only two chapters (now three) up?! Are you guys trying to give me a heart attack? This is absolutely amazing!!! And so many comments too!!! Thank you people so much for that and I hope yoou continue JUST LIKE THAT!!!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes =)

Kamsahamnida for your support!

p.s. Yes, I will always say it: I love all of my readers and that's actually true <333

p.p.s. I didn't prove read this chapter, because it's late and I really didn't want to make you guys wait any longer, so there will be more typos than the usual ones! Sorry for that =D