Chapter 2

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 2

 

Ha Ni

“Good morni-“ the woman, who had to be in her late 50s, broke off her greeting, the second she took in the scene, presented in the classroom.

Her eyes darted from face to face, first to the four guys, then a furious Jan Di, who was still being held back by Ga Eul and Hee Young and at last to me.

The blood running down my knees, nose and mouth must have hit some nerve, because she turned instantly to the curly-haired guy.

“Master Jun Pyo, would you care to explain this…mess?” she gestured to us.

Nice, so she thought we were a mess. There couldn’t be a greater start for our last high school year.

“Well, Madam Hwang, I was just explaining to these…” he forced a fake smile onto his face:”…lovely ladies that, this floor and this room in particular are private.”

Jan Di continued firing invisible daggers at that Jun Pyo’s head, Ga Eul scoffed just as openly as Hee Young snorted and I tried my best not to roll my eyes and keep quiet, while blushing furiously.

Dear God! Had I gone completely insane? You’d think that, with the amount of knowledge in my brain I’d know better than to mess with the four richest students in South Korea.

Then again, I never had had a verbal filter when it came down to someone insulting my friends and me. In those moments, it almost never mattered that I was supposed to be the quietest of us four.

So, as I tried to distract myself, my eyes fell on the guy standing next to the curly Jun Pyo.

From my research, I had known that these four people were the most sought after bachelors in this country but -Holy hell!- never, had I ever expected each and every one of them to be so… so… devastatingly handsome!

They should have been arrested for having better looks than most of the girls!

Because, let’s be honest, even that Jun Pyo, without those curly fries on top of his head that is, looked rather amazing.

Rambling, that’s what I was doing right now and quickly found myself staring at that guy again.

His soft features were all but mesmerizing. Dare I say it; he looked like some kind of angel, despite the stoic expression marring his face.

Another thing that didn’t go unnoticed was the clothing.

Unlike every other high school student in this country, all four boys were wearing not uniforms but regular clothing. That is, if you could consider such expensive clothes as regular…

He, for example, was wearing dark, fitting blue-jeans, an emerald green button-up shirt and a black blazer.

Expensive, simple and yet again, stunning!

His hair was an organized chaos of different shades of brown, the strands sticking in every direction possible.

Somehow, I had been so busy with admiring him that I hadn’t seen him staring right back at me. For a brief second I wondered why his eyes looked a bit confused.

Just for a brief second though and that was all it took for reality to come crashing down on me and smacking me straight on my forehead.

I was bleeding.

My knees were scratched open, my lower lip had a small cut and there was clearly some blood running down my nose.

I hated blood.

It made me feel nauseous, not physically, just mentally…

 

Ga Eul

Jan Di had finally calmed down, after Madam Hwang had curtly explained to those rude boys that, we were new transfer students, with whom they would have to share their precious private room and they could do nothing about it.

I would have felt sorry for them, hadn’t it been for that curly weirdo insulting us, just a few minutes ago.

It would have been nice to watch, if Jan Di would have actually managed to land her punch but then again, none of us could afford to get into trouble on our very first day. Grandma would kill us, if that happened.

So, Ha Ni giving him a piece of her mind had been great. Her occasional rants could really be a blessing sometimes.

“Please introduce yourselves, before we start class.” Madam Hwang’s voice interrupted my thoughts.

I watched with fascination, as Jan Di gritted out her name through clenched teeth: “My name is Geum Jan Di.”

“Park Hee Young.” Hee Young spoke next.

“I’m Chu Ga Eul.” I introduced myself evenly and waited for Ha Ni’s voice but it never came.

I turned my head to my right, where she stood next to me.

No wonder she hadn’t spoken. She was too busy having a staring match with one of the four guys.

“Ha Ni-ah.” my whisper didn’t seem to reach her, so I whispered again… nothing… again… nothing.

I was getting a little irritated from her response, or lack thereof, hence I stabbed my elbow into her ribs, with just enough force to get her back to the present.

She snapped her head to meet my eyes dead on.

‘Your name.’ I only mouthed the words to her, so she wouldn’t be further embarrassed than she already was.

She nodded once in understanding and turned to the direction of our new teacher and new classmates once again, casting her eyes down: “Um my name is…” she started fidgeting with her fingers: “… Oh Ha Ni.” She breathed softly.

Looked like, Ha Ni was back to her shy and nervous self. I wondered how long it would take her this time, to warm up to the additions in our lives, or if she would even bother trying to warm up to them.

“Gentlemen, don’t you think it would be appropriate to introduce yourselves now?” the teacher eyed the boys sternly.

Except for the curly fries, who grumbled something under his breath, there were no other complains to that suggestion.

My head was still ponding from the fall (I was sure there would be a big bump there later), when curly fries introduced himself as Gu Jun Pyo.

Jan Di’s faint mutter about a ‘cocky bastard’ made me smile though.

“Baek Seung Jo.” that was the guy, who had been playing those weird staring games with Ha Ni.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you ladies. Some people call me Don Quan but my name is Song Woo Bin.” as these words left the mouth of the tall guy with the brown leather jacket, the grin, which Hee Young had been sporting, faltered and she whipped her head to look properly at the guy, for the first time. What the hell was wrong with her now?

I shrugged it off momentarily, when the last guy made his name known: “I’m So Yi Jung and like Woo Bin just said,” he clapped his friend’s shoulder: “it’s a pleasure meeting you ladies.”

He flashed us a charming smile, revealing his pearly white teeth and two adorable dimples on his cheeks. Now add that perfectly styled hair of his and imagine! Could that guy look any better?

I highly doubted that.

Despite my brain willing them not to, my cheeks started flushing. I didn’t want to blush at the sight of some sweet-talking ferret. Yes, a ferret. All sweets and charms now but I didn’t think he was aware of the fact that I saw him snickering with that friend of his, at our disheveled states.

A frown made its way to my face at that thought and I had no qualms about showing it.

Could the first day of the last high school year be any worse?

Once again, I highly doubted it…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Long wait but short and filler chapter... I know and I'm sorry but this had to be done!

Still, I'd like to know your opinion about it, so please tell me.

The next chapter will be up in max. a week from now, so don't worry about the long wait anymore :)

Now, some important things:

The response for the first chapter was quite overwhelming, as there were over 60 subscribtions already and more than 30 comments, which is really amazing, by the way!!!

I tried to thank everyone personally for subscribing but it was too much and quite confusing, so I'm thanking you guys here, for the many comments too of course =D Please continue with that.

Despite all that, there were a few questions, to which I replied already but I think everyone would like them answered, so I'm doing it here:

 

Q: Will Ha Ni and Seung Jo have the same nature as in Playful Kiss?

A: Seung Jo will be the same as in PK but Ha Ni will be quite a bit different. She will be clumsy as usual but a bit shy in the beginning and nerdy throughout also, she will not be so naive as in PK but that has something to do with the plot... Still a lot of her original character traits are there.

 

Q: Why not just retain Ji Hoo's character and then instead of Ha Ni just put So Min?

A: Let's just say that I don't really like Ji Hoo's character and I hate love triangles. You see, if Ji Hoo remained he would definitely fall for Jan Di or else be out of character... After watching PK I fell in love with BSJ and OHN, the characters, not the actors themselves and even though I changed Ha Ni's character a bit there are still many of her original trais there... I hope you understand my reasoning.

 

These are the questions that I can remember, I think there were more but I can't find them, because of AFF crashing and all.

Although, I do remember that someone told me that, the first chapter a bit confusing, what with referring to all the different hair-do's...

The only thing I can say to that is, the first chapter was meant to be confusing. You see, this story is written in POVs, as you noticed and neither of them knew each others names, hence the confusion =) 

Kamsahamnida for everything!

p.s. sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes :D
p.s. I LOVE ALL OF MY READERS DEARLY!!! <333