Chapter 17

The Perfect Match

The Perfect Match Chapter 17

 

Jan Di

Something was wrong...

Something was definitely and totally wrong!

Just what had gotten into that Gu Jun Pyo, no- that stupid curly-fries?

It had started about a week ago and rather unsuspicious as well.

All of those idiotic F4, including that demented leader of theirs, had started showing up to classes in their actual school uniforms.

I didn't think anything of it at first.

Maybe they were just bored, with looking different from everyone else around them, even if it was hard to believe.

But then curly-fries stopped following me around like a lost little puppy.

I didn't think anything of that either, because maybe his fascination with me had just worn off. It was a high possibility.

The thing that did disturb me though, was that he had stopped talking to me as well.

Not even one fight had broken out between the two of us, in the past week (It was not like I missed those fights.). He downright ignored me when I tried to start one.

And, as if all of this wasn't enough to confuse me, today I had witnessed probably the most bizarre scenario I could ever imagine.

During lunch break, all of us were having lunch in the canteen, a guy, most likely a first year student, bumped into curly-fries, making the both of them fall onto the floor.

The room had gone quiet after that, so quiet you could have probably heard the sound of a needle dropping.

All eyes were on the head-strong F4 leader and the poor boy that had had the misfortune of committing such a grave mistake.

I had been ready to jump in between, if the fight, that was supposed to break out for sure, escalated, taking curly-fries temper into consideration. It seemed the rest of the F4 were ready to stop their friend too.

What happened though was something that most likely nobody would have deemed possible.

Instead of hitting the offender, or even just shouting at him, Jun Pyo stood up and then reached out to help the guy, who was still on the floor.

I think, rather than anyone else, it was me, who had the biggest shock of their life, while witnessing all of this.

To make matters even more complicated, curly-fries not only helped the guy that had bumped into him but talked nicely to him too.

"What's your name?" curly-fries asked a bit too friendly, in my opinion.

"M- m- me?" the boy, who was stuttering really badly, answered: "I- I'm L- Lee B- Bong Joo, sunbaenim."

"You're alright, aren't you? You didn't hurt yourself anywhere?" was curly-fries actually showing concern for someone other than himself?

"D- deh, sunbaenim." poor guy was still stuttering: "What about you? Are- are y- you al- alright, as well?"

"Of course! Why would anything be wrong with me?" curly-fries patted the boy's shoulder: "Go and find yourself a seat, before the canteen is too filled to sit down. You should eat something too, you look really pale... Are you sure, you're okay, buddy?"

Buddy?

Had he really just called the guy, who had bumped into him and was a stranger on top of that, buddy?!

What had happened to the curly-fries, who had threatened me, when I had accidently spilled strawberry milk on him?

How had the curly-fries from that time been converted into the one, standing right in front of me?

How exactly had this miracle taken place? And when?

Lee Bong Joo scurried off without any further conversation taking place.

It seemed he was too stunned to even stutter correctly, right now.

"Yah, Gu Jun Pyo." Yi Jung had pressed his hand onto curly-fries' forehead: "Is everything alright with you?"

"Yeah." Woo Bin started feeling around curly-fries' head: "Are you sure you didn't hit your head somewhere, when you fell down?"

"Yah!" curly-fries pushed both of his friends' hands away from himself; he looked irritated: "I was just trying to be friendly and control my temper. Is that such a big crime?"

"Ani," this time it was Seung Jo, who spoke: "It's not a crime to be friendly... Just... Maybe you should just warn us, when you're trying to be friendly the next time, so none of us gets a heart attack."

I felt myself shaking my head, as all four boys took their seats.

I needed to get out of that place or I would seriously go insane, more than I already was maybe.

“Where are you going?” Ga Eul held on to my hand, when I got up from our table.

I looked down at her first, then at curly-fries and then at her again: “I’ve suddenly lost my appetite.” I shoved my lunch box in front of her: “You guys just go ahead and eat my food for me too.”

And then I walked out of the canteen.

 

Author

“What’s wrong with her?” Ha Ni asked Ga Eul, pointing at Jan Di, who was walking out of the canteen at a rather fast pace.

Ga Eul down next to Ha Ni: “I think she’s gone out of her mind.” she chuckled: “She says that she’s not hungry anymore.”

Ha Ni blinked a few times: “What? You’re telling me that Geum Jan Di is not hungry; that she refused to eat? Are you serious?”

Ga Eul blinked a few times as well: “Yeah, I guess I am.”

Both kept looking at each other for some moments and then they burst out laughing.

 

Jan Di

I looked at the clock above the classroom door. The lesson was almost over, only two more minutes to go.

Thank God, it was the last lesson of the day, because I had a splitting headache. It felt as if someone was hitting my head with a hammer that weighed a ton, every few seconds.

This whole day had been way too confusing. All those changes in curly-fries over the week and then the incident in the canteen today, it was…I don’t know…too much?

Yeah, I think that’s what it probably was.

I just wanted to go home and forget everything that was bothering me. Well, actually the only thing or better said only one bothering me right now was curly-fries.

I had to get him out of my thoughts! Fast!

“Yah, Jan Di-ah!” Hee Young stood next to my chair, arms crossed over her chest: “Class is over, let’s go!”

I nodded, while gathering my stuff into my bag and then stood up: “Let’s go.”

“Wait!” how was I going to get curly-fries out of my thoughts, if he held onto my hand, like that?

I turned around, expecting him to let go of me. He didn’t.

“I need to talk to you.” he looked serious.

My eyebrows raised themselves automatically: “Now you’re talking to me again?”

He took a deep breath: “Go out with me!”

What?

“Huh?” anything else wouldn’t come out of my mouth at that moment.

He rolled his eyes and then looked at me again: “I said, go out with me!”

How was I going to get him out of my thoughts, if he held onto my hand, like that and asked me out?

Wait a second!

Had Gu Jun Pyo- I mean, had curly-fries just asked me out?

Like, on a date? For real?!

He was still looking at me.

Why was he still looking at me?

Was I panicking?

I was Geum Jan Di and Geum Jan Di did not panic!

My head was just about ready to explode, when I freed my hand from his: “I have to go home.”

And then I practically ran out of the classroom, as fast as I could.

 

Author

This was definitely not how the plan had been supposed to work.

Ga Eul, Hee Young and Ha Ni had discussed this matter so many times, since they had gotten back home, after picking up Sang Hee from the daycare center and finding out that Jan Di had locked herself up in her room.

Jun Pyo had thrown them completely off the track, when he had asked Jan Di out today.

He hadn’t been supposed to ask her out so soon.

And Jan Di’s reaction was something that they hadn’t expected either.

The Jan Di that they knew would have hit Jun Pyo, or at least made fun of him, but she had done neither of these things. She hadn’t done or said anything to be specific.

All these thoughts were still on the girls’ mind, as they looked out of their living-room window at the pouring rain…and at Jun Pyo, who was most probably going to freeze to death, if he didn’t get into his car soon.

Yes, that had been another surprise from him.

When the girls had reached their home, he had already been waiting, saying that he wouldn’t leave that spot, until Jan Di answered his question and he wouldn’t take no for an answer either.

Not one hour had gone by after his statement and it had started raining.

The F4 leader was stubborn as always though. He hadn’t moved an inch, from where he had been standing.

“Okay, that’s it!” Ga Eul pushed herself away from the window: “I’m gonna go and talk to Jan Di.”

“What are you gonna say to her?” Ha Ni questioned.

“I… I don’t know.” Ga Eul paused: “I’m sure I’ll think of something once I reach her door.” she said as she started walking towards the stairs.

And once she did reach Jan Di’s door, with Ha Ni and Hee Young on her heels, she banged her fist against it, twice: “Jan Di, open the door!”

No response.

“I know you can hear me Jan Di.” Ga Eul shouted through the door: “And I also know that you’ve seen Jun Pyo standing outside in the rain.”

No response.

“Yah, Geum Jan Di!” Ga Eul was really getting riled up: “Just go outside and tell him, you’ll go on that stupid date with him… You can’t let him stand there all day long. He’s been in the rain for more than two hours already. He could get pneumonia or even worse, he could die!”

“Isn’t she exaggerating a bit?” Ha Ni whispered to Hee Young.

Hee Young shook her head: “Nah, I don’t think so. Just wait and watch. By the way, I never knew Ga Eul was so good in emotional blackmailing.”

Ha Ni giggled silently: “Neither did I.”

Ga Eul hadn’t noticed their conversation though; she was still on a roll: “Jan Di, do you want him to die because of you?”

Those last few words did the magic, because right after they were out of Ga Eul’s mouth, Jan Di’s door opened and the person in question stepped out of it.

“Fine, I’ll go out with him.” Jan Di muttered.

Ga Eul’s face broke out into a big smile: “Well then, go and tell him. He’s been waiting for quite some time now.”

Jan Di looked dejected: “I know.”

Jan Di did as she had said and went outside to give Jun Pyo his long awaited answer.

Hee Young, Ha Ni and Ga Eul went downstairs again, discovering that Sang Hee had somehow managed to climb onto the low windowsill in the living-room.

Ga Eul took a seat on the windowsill as well and sat Sang Hee on her lap.

“Do you see that Sang Hee?” Ga Eul pointed outside at Jan Di and Jun Pyo, who were talking under an umbrella: “That’s called matchmaking…”

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Long time no see, right? I know and I'm sorry. I won't give you any meaningless excuses. I just want you to know that I am definitely not giving up this story, because I'm way too much in love with it, so I hope you don't give up on either :)

I know many of you are only here for HyunMin and/or SoEul but please bear with it, as Jan Di, Jun Pyo, Woo Bin and Hee Young are part of this story as well and without these characters this story wouldn't be the same, right?

So, what did you think of this chapter? Was it good or bad? Did you like it? Love it? Hate it?

Please do tell me in your comments or you can also PM me if you want =)

To all the new subscribers, a very warm welcome and happy reading! I used say thanks to every subscriber personally but lately I've totally lost track of my subscribers, sorry fo that ='(

Of course, a huge thanks to my subscribers who have stuck with me till now and those, who take some time and comment =D

Please keep doing that!

Kamsahamnida, for your support!

p.s. sorry for any spelling or grmmar mistakes =)

p.p.s. Love You All<3