Chapter 11

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 11

 

Ga Eul

“Do you think she still likes him?” Jan Di’s question caught me off-guard.

I put my apron back in the closet and took out my yellow coat.

“Who are you talking about?” I asked, while putting it on.

“Ha Ni.” she said: “Do you think she still likes Seung Jo, even after the incident with the love letter? I mean, to me, it seems, she does.”

After a moment’s thought, I answered: “I think so too.”

For a moment, we stood there in complete silence until Jan Di broke it again: “Are you going home now?”

My response came out faster, this time around: “Ha Ni’s been taking care of Sang Hee for the past few days, all alone. Luckily, she didn’t have to work in those days. You and Hee Young will be working until midnight or after tonight. I thought, I’d help Ha Ni today…”

Jan Di nodded in agreement: “I’ll see you later then, bye!”

I waved at her and finally made my way out of the porridge shop.

While walking down the street, filled with busy people, my thoughts wandered back to Ha Ni. It had been three days ago, that she had argued with Seung Jo, like the know-it-all, maniac I knew her to be. Those two aside, there was also the matter with Hee Young and Woo Bin. Those two were engaged, for God’s sake!

When she had told us about her engagement three weeks after our first day in school, I had been shocked to say the least. Then I had thought about her awkward behavior and everything had clicked into its place. What she hadn’t told us though was why she was on such bad terms with her fiancé…

I was so engrossed in my own little world that I forgot everything around, that is, until I bumped into someone.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” I muttered without looking up at the person.

“Hello there, Ga Eul! Did you miss oppa?” the person spoke to me.

My eyes narrowed in confusion and I looked up to see my worst nightmare, standing in front of me.

Oh. Hell. NO!

 

Yi Jung

I wondered why I still felt like , whenever I saw my father cheating on my mother. It should have been normal by now, right? So, why the did it hurt like hell, to see how my family kept falling apart?

I stopped the car, waiting for the damn traffic light to turn green again and glanced out of the window.

The sight that welcomed me was not something I had been expecting.

There was Chu Ga Eul and she wasn’t alone. Some guy had her cornered on the pavement and it seemed that she didn’t want to be there.

Oh well, she could deal with it herself, right?

The driver in the car behind me was getting impatient for some reason and I realized that the traffic light was green already.

I risked one last glance out of my window and regretted it immediately. The guy had one of his hands around Ga Eul’s right wrist and Ga Eul was trying frantically to shake his grip off.

I couldn’t just drive away now, like I had planned to, could I?

Damn me and my damn conscience!

The steering wheel in my hands was turning before I could even think everything through and the next thing that, I knew, I was standing next to Ga Eul and shoving that jerk of a guy away from her.

He stumbled a few steps back and looked at me, as if he was plotting my murder.

It didn’t impress me though.

Then his gaze wandered to Ga Eul, who was looking at me in quite a stunned way and he spoke to her, or rather spat: “Ga Eul, who is this bastard? Do you know him?”

Who, the hell, did he think he was, to demand an answer from Ga Eul like that? I narrowed my eyes at him and spoke the first thing that came to my mind: “Not that it’s any of your business but I’m her boyfriend.”

 

Author

Ga Eul was seriously considering if she had gone insane. Or maybe there was just something wrong with her eyes and ears. Yes, that had to be it because if not, then So Yi Jung was actually standing with his arm around her waist, pretending to be her boyfriend, to help her get rid of Gong Soo Pyo.

“Boyfriend?!” Gong Soo Pyo practically yelled.

Ga Eul turned from Yi Jung to Soo Pyo: “Yes, he’s my boyfriend. Now do me a favor and let me never see you again!”

She would have done anything, if it meant that she could get rid of Gong Soo Pyo, even if she had to pretend to be that playboy’s girlfriend. Besides, he couldn’t be that bad of a person, if he was trying to help her, could he?

Gong Soo Pyo, even after hearing Ga Eul’s words, didn’t move an inch from where he stood.

“You are such a !” he sneered.

Ga Eul went rigid in Yi Jung’s arms. Had that good-for-nothing Gong Soo Pyo really just called her a ? She couldn’t believe that he of all people had the guts to call anyone that word.

She was about to tell him just that but was surprised to find Yi Jung already defending her.

“You,” Yi Jung pointed with his free hand at Soo Pyo: “I don’t care, whoever you are, but let me tell you one thing. Neither you, nor anyone else has the right to call Ga Eul what you did! Now, I would appreciate it, if you’d get lost, or else I might be forced to call the police!” he threatened for good measure.

This seemed to work, for Soo Pyo scrambled off without even as much as looking at Ga Eul.

Yi Jung was furious. Yes, he was a Casanova but at least he knew how to treat a woman. Saying such a word in a street full of people, or anywhere for that matter was just disgusting.

He looked down at Ga Eul, who was still as rigid as a few moments ago and kept staring at the spot, where Gong Soo Pyo had been standing.

Without exchanging any words, he steered her carefully to his car and helped her into the passenger seat. After getting in on his own side, he started driving.

Once he reached the outskirts of Seoul, he halted his car on an abandoned road.

A few minutes went by in silence, as both Ga Eul and Yi Jung just sat there, staring into nothingness, avoiding each other.

Finally, Yi Jung had enough and he turned to face her: “Do you have a problem with, which I don’t know about?”

Ga Eul hesitated a few moments, before letting her eyes meet his: “I’ve seen your behavior around girls… You’re a playboy and I can’t stand guys, who have the nerve to toy with someone’s emotions.”

Yi Jung pursed his lips: “You’re right I’m a playboy,” he paused:” But the girls that, throw themselves at me, know that… Also, I’m not such a bad person when it comes to friendship, you know?”

Ga Eul averted her gaze from him and looked out of the window: “Thank you… for helping me out before. If it wasn’t for you, I would have probably murdered that bastard.

Yi Jung raised his eyebrows: “If you don’t mind me asking… Who was that, by the way? An ex-boyfriend?”

“Something like that.” she muttered, barely comprehensible. She thought about, who he actually was and without realizing it, one lonely tear slid down her cheek.

She hated Gong Soo Pyo and his guts, for being able to face her again, after two years.

Yi Jung saw that first tear, he also saw the ones that followed and he felt completely helpless. He didn’t know how to handle a crying girl.

He panicked slightly, when the crying didn’t cease, but he didn’t show it just yet.

“You look really ugly while crying.” he said and suppressed the urge smack himself instantly. Those were not the nicest words you would say to a sad girl.

Ga Eul, after hearing Yi Jung’s words, began sobbing even harder. Now she was ugly as well?

Yi Jung on the other hand, was now openly showing his panicked state: “Ga Eul, I didn’t mean that! It was just a joke. I was only trying to make you laugh.” he told her frantically: “Look, I don’t know whoever that guy is, but he is clearly not worth it. So, please don’t waste your tears for him!”

He placed a hand on her shoulder, to calm her down: “You have to be stronger than that, if you want to survive in this world and in order to become stronger, you have to endure hardships. That’s the way it is.”

Thank God, Ga Eul’s tears were subsiding by now: “Do you think I don’t already know that?” she sighed: “It’s only hard to remind myself of these things sometimes.”

“Well, that’s what friends are for, right?” he said cheerfully.

She wiped her eyes before replying: “Why are you so adamant to be friends with my?”

“Because,” he began: “I think we’d make much better friends than enemies… and because I don’t have any intentions of fighting you for the rest of our shared lives.”

“That sounds reasonable.” she breathed out.

“It is.” he agreed: “And you already got to know what a great friend I can be.” He joked.

Ga Eul finally cracked a smile: “Fine, let’s be friends… you’re still a jerk though.”

 

Yi Jung

Had she just called me a jerk?

Didn’t she know what such words did to a male’s ego?

I tried to scowl at her but that didn’t last long. Instead, a small smile took its place and stayed there, for the time being…

End of Chapter

 

Hey, my dear readers!

So, how did you like this chapter? 

Before all of you start asking, Ga Eul's story with Gong Soo Pyo and all the details will be revealed later on in the story.

Just tell me, if you liked it, yes? Please? Pretty please?

Thanks for all the comments for the last chapter, by the way. And to all my subscriberss of course. =D

Last time I asked you, who the first couple to kiss could be... You can all keep guessing. It will be revealed in 1 or 2 chapters.

Now  my question this time is, which was your favorite chapter and scene until now?

Tell me in your comments!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

Kamsahamnida for everything!

p.s. I love you <3