Chapter 1

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 1

Author

“Oh my god! I can’t believe I’m finally going to see them! This is like a dream come true.”

“We are so lucky to see all four of them together. This has to be the best day of my life!”

Various statements such as the ones above left the mouths of various girls, with shrilly voices and even a handful of males announced their admiration.

A crowd of over 600 people was surrounding four cars. Four, very expensive, sports cars. It seemed as if almost every student of the Shinwa High School was outside, anticipating the arrival of their leaders.

Meanwhile in one of the corridors of the castle-like building, which represented the school, four girls came into view.

All four of them were wearing the traditional Shinwa uniform; a midnight-blue, grey and black plaid skirt, a white button-down shirt, the black school blazer and a red and golden school tie.

 

Hee Young

Something was definitely off about this place.

A school deserted as such, that just wasn’t possible.

“How weird.” Ga Eul was looking around, most probably trying to spot some clue that we weren’t the only people in this damned building.

“Could it be that, we’re late? Maybe we just overslept.” Jan Di offered her suggestion.

“Very unlikely.” The words were out of my mouth before I could think. It was some kind of a reflex. Jan Di always voiced the most stupid conclusions and it was mostly me, who told her that, she was wrong, while Ga Eul and Ha Ni shook their heads in frustration.

I continued with my reasoning: “Think about it, Jan Di-ah. Ha Ni was in charge of waking us up. If we really were late, she would be throwing a fit by now.”

Jan Di’s head whipped towards Ha Ni, her short hair bouncing curtly, when she turned back to me: “You’re right.”

I shrugged: “Told you so.”

“Hey listen! Is it just me, or can you hear that too?” Ga Eul had her left pointer finger on her lips.

All four of us grew silent and listened intensely and Ga Eul was right.

There it was: “F4! F4! F4! F4! F4!”

A crowd of, what sounded like, many people were chanting it again and again and the chants were getting louder by the minute.

“F4? What is that?” My question was obvious, I just spoke it out.

“That, my dear friends,” Ha Ni spoke, for the first time since we had entered this building, pointing her thumb over her shoulder, in the direction of the chants: “is the reason why you’re not able to see a single soul in this corridor. This hallway is forbidden for everyone, except the F4. And before you ask, the F4 are four guys, I think, the four richest students of all South Korea. If you want to be accurate, this floor is their private floor.”

“How do you know all of this?” Jan Di asked desperately.

Ha Ni only sighed: “Don’t you guys read anything?” she shook her head in frustration once again: “I did a bit of research before we transferred but I didn’t have much time, so what I just told is everything I know about them.”

Another question struck me at that moment: “Ha Ni-ah, you just said that, this is the F4’s private floor but what are we doing here then? I mean, the schedule says that, our classroom is on this particular floor.”

 “Hee Young-ah, don’t you remember what grandma said?” Ha Ni proceeded without waiting for my answer: “She said that, she wanted us to be taught by the best teachers in South Korea.”

Ga Eul resumed Ha Ni’s thoughts: “And who has better teachers than the richest kids in South Korea? Nobody, I assume.”

“You guys mean to say that, grandma actually managed to get us into the same classes as our country’s richest kids?” Jan Di sounded rather surprised.

I wondered why, because we all knew about the high connections that grandma had.

Ga Eul, Ha Ni and I nodded.

“There’s still ten minutes left till class. Let’s go in!” Ga Eul pointed to the classroom door.

“I’ve never seen such a big room for merely eight people.” These were my first words, when we stepped into the classroom.

The room itself was quite large but the interior was minimalistic. The upper half of the wall opposite the door was made of big windows, flooding the bright room with light. On one end of the room you could see an enormous blackboard and beige desk in front of it, most likely for the teacher. But the main center of attention was the large, round, mahogany conference table in the middle of the room, with eight black leather office chairs around it.

All four of us were still standing in the doorway and admiring the chamber, when we heard voices again: “Run! Don’t stop!” and before any of us could so much as turn around, we were shoved inside.

“Lock the door!” one of the voices said frantically.

Then there was a loud BANG, as the door slammed shut, followed by three soft clicks.

And just like that, the voices grew silent.

I couldn’t see who it was and I doubted that, Jan Di, Ga Eul and Ha Ni could either, because…well…we were lying on the floor, faces down.

And dear god, my left wrist was hurting as hell!

 

Seung Jo

How come there were four girls lying in front of us?

Wasn’t it enough that, almost every person in this school ran after us on almost every school-day? No, of course not!

Now they actually had the nerve to enter our private classroom.

“I don’t believe this!” Jun Pyo looked quite angry: “Look at me, when I’m talking to you!”

All four girls stirred on the floor and one by one they stood up and turned towards us. They didn’t look really happy either. The girl with the short hair was staring daggers at Jun Pyo, she seemed even angrier than him, all the while clutching her right shoulder.

The girl next to her had her left hand pressed to her head. Her long her fell over her shoulders, as she looked down at her feet and then back up, eyes narrowing on Jun Pyo.

The third one had a pained expression on her face, her right hand holding her left wrist in a light grip, her eyes too were fixed on Jun Pyo. Her long curls were up in a high ponytail.

The fourth and last one in the line was the only one, whose gaze wandered over all four of us. Both of her knees were bleeding, her lower lip had a small cut on the right side and blood was also running down from her nose. She was looking at me now, one of her half-gloved hands shot up to her nose, two finger wiped away some of the blood there and she broke her eye contact with me, to stare at her hand for a few moments and her nose scrunched up. She appeared to be thoroughly annoyed, when she rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath.

“How many times do we have to tell everyone that, this floor is forbidden for you, before you get it in those little pea-sized brains of yours?” Jun Pyo yelled. He was successfully ignoring the heated gazes on him.

“Listen,” the long-haired girl forward: “we can explain-“

Jun Pyo cut her off: “Explain?” he snorted: “I wonder what kind of lame excuse you four have in store for us.”

“What do you mean by excuse? She said we can explain-“ the curly-haired girl also cut off.

“Oh please! Stop beating around the bush and just tell us what you want!” he snapped.

This time, the short-haired girl, with all her pent up anger and fists clenched at her sides, spoke up: “We would tell you, if you would only let us, curly fries!”

Woo Bin and Yi Jung, next to me, both bit back a laugh and I suppressed the urge to grin, at the reference to Jun Pyo’s curly and unruly hair.

“How dare you, call me that… that… that name?!” Jun Pyo’s voice rose even more: “Do you have any idea, who you’re talking to?! You dimwit!”

The short-haired girl gaped at him, as if he had grown a second head, she looked ready to launch herself at him and she actually did. Halfway through her attack though, the long-haired and curly-haired flanked her sides and pulled her back, a few centimeters before she could touch Jun Pyo.

The bloody-nosed girl stepped forward for the first time: “Look,” she said in a small, soft voice: “If you would just listen then we could tell-“

And yes she too got cut off, by none other Jun Pyo: “Listen to you?” he snorted one more time: “I highly doubt that, there is anything you could tell me, which would explain this situation. I swear, women are so dense!”

The short-haired girl tried once again to attack him.

“Back off, Jan Di-ah!” the one with the bloody nose snapped at the short-haired: “And you!” she turned to Jun Pyo, her two braids loosening, as she pointed a finger at him: “Don’t you know that, it’s rude to interrupt someone when the person’s talking? Especially if the person is a girl and even more so, if it’s four girls in a row!” she said these words in such a calm manner, it was almost creepy: “It’s really unbelievable how, you come in here, hurt us, demand an explanation, don’t let us talk and then even insult us on top of that! And here I thought that, high society people were trained in manners and etiquettes, since the day they were born! She shook her head slightly, seemingly disappointed.

Jun Pyo… well he was quite stunned for the first time, in god knows how long, he was actually stunned. What else would you expect? One girl had just told him that, he had no manners and another one had tried to physically attack him.

The three girls, who were listening weren’t even trying to contain their amusement, at Jun Pyo’s dumbstruck expression, unlike Woo Bin, Yi Jung and me, which was really hard, by the way.

Just as the braided girl opened , to speak once again, three soft clicks were heard, announcing the arrival of the teacher…

End of Chapter

 

Hey, so this is the first chapter to my second story, I hope you like it! Please subscribe and comment =)

By the way, I won't be updating this story as often as my first one, since the first one isn't finished yet and then I'm going to post a spin-off for it, but still, there will be updates!!!

Kamsahanida! =)