Chapter –I

My Only Hope

Baekhyun’s POV

“Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday to our dearest Youngnim” I hear the distant rustling of shoes, they’ve blindfolded me this time, no matter how much I try his gang members won’t loosen their grip on my arms.

“Ya! Leave me alone, what do you want”, I plead.

“Keep this bastard’s mouth shut; keep him still until Youngnim comes-! Oh! Here he comes ya Youngnim-ah Happy Birthday, what took you long my friend look at what present we’ve got you!

Jihoon harshly pulls at the blindfold; my body is shaking looking at Youngnim’s blank reaction, he’s so unexpected

Suddenly, Jihoon pushes me to kneel in front of Youngnim “Step one: Crack the Eggs’ he speaks with his annoying nasal accent. Four eggs come flinging at the crown of my head dripping in all over my face

“ Step 2: Pour lots and lots of flour “ this time it is not Jihoon it's Shi Yaan who empties a packet of flour.

“Ya! Stop it! Why are you doing this to me” I try to speak as stably as possible, hoping they don’t sense the shakiness in my voice. I don’t want to cry in front of these jerks but I can’t stop my eyes from watering as they splash a bottle of eel fish sauce all over my head and my uniform, MY UNIFORM, I started worrying about yet another music that’s waiting for me at home.

“It would have been even better if there were some candles “speaks Youngnim, the unbothered, still expression brings chills down my spine.

Suddenly he smirks “Thanks Guys, it’s been a while since I had so much fun, he speaks in his so-called cool tone.

I’m left there soaked in the stinking mixture they poured on me, no matter how I try to wipe it off from my eyes the sauce causes more irritation somehow with slightly opened eyes I make my way to wash up and change into gym clothes when I bump into someone taller than me, I apologize and quickly usher my way, I don’t know why but I still feel someone’s gaze on me.

Third Person POV

 Baekhyun has to dresses his gym clothing and enters the class politely bowing at the homeroom teacher while she carries on with class, while everybody makes a big show of recoiling at him for stinking from the fish sauce. He ignores Youngnim’s gang snickering at him and sits next to his partner. Her teacher pulls him aside after class to ask why he’s always in gym clothes and whether he’s being bothered, but doesn’t press when Baekhyun lies that nobody’s doing anything.

While Baekhyun walks back to his classroom he’s left completely adrift while everyone throws sarcastic gaze at him, enjoying at his misery.

 

Baekhyun’s Pov

I look through my binoculars from the porch of my house to check on Psycho Uncle.

“! Can’t see anything, he always draws the curtains”.I try to enter the house as quietly as possible. I look through the shelves a small part shared between our entrance and main room

The freak is busy playing video games on my mom’s computer, I didn’t notice since hunger is killing me unknowingly, I bump into a small plastic lamp which I had as a child which is now on the floor, scared I look towards him while he pauses his video game ….

…..

“Oppa, why don’t you leave him to be, I don’t want school authorities to get to know about this, anyway that homeroom teacher suspects something”

Mom…

“I'm sorry that I have a child …I’ll tell him not to anger you in anyway ….she trails off

“Oppa look at me, I promise I’ll drop him at some orphanage or something ... we will have a child of our own ...”

“Aishhh” I hear Uncle slamming the door and leaving followed by my mom shouting and calling for him.

Sigh.

I hear mom sobbing, I sit up from my sleeping bag it hurts everywhere, I try to stand slowly and go to her.

“Mom, I’m sorry...”I whisper to her.

“Yah! Go away, I don’t want to see you right now, go away where I can’t see your face”

Controlling warm tears from spilling I walk back to my sleeping bag near the kitchen.

I sleep with a hungry stomach once again that night; I cuddle against the only stuff  toy I ever owned given by my grandmother when I used to live with her,

“Granny …I miss you ...”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press the link below to check out Chanbaek Look in the fic 

Chanyeol

https://imgur.com/5buP2l9

Baekhyun 

https://imgur.com/tHtFP01