Jigokudani and The Demon Statue

Noboribetsu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning came yet Yujin is still sleeping in. The girl slept at 4 in the morning because of a game. At most cases Chaeyeon would wake anyone that fell asleep on her living room and instruct them to take the guest room, but she made an exception for her niece. Instead of waking her up. Chaeyeon only chuckles at Yujin's position— limbs spread open like a starfish and a mouth wide open with drool threatening to fall. 

"Seriously, this kid." Chaeyeon chirps before entering the kitchen to cook; on usual morning Chaeyeon would likely just cook a 'good for one person' meal, but since she has Yujin around she has to somehow triple the serving. Yes, triple. Because Yujin is still a growing child and usually eats alot.

For breakfast Chaeyeon made a simple veggie fried rice with eggs and bacon. As the pan started to produce a sizzling sound from the cooking bacon— a familiar voice barges inside her house. Chaeyeon did not mind because that is how her usuals mornings are...not until she git reminded that she has her niece on the living area shamelessly spread out on the floor with an open mouth. Chaeyeon immediately run towards the living room, and exhaled a breath of relief when she saw Yujin still sleeping peacefully, alone. She then smiled at the younger and closed the living room. Seconds after she heard foot steps approaching her position, and she was right. The person who came by is her neighbour's daughter— Nako.

Nako approached her like a skipping racoon. "Nee-san, Mom said to give you this." Nako then held out a box. Chaeyeon smiled at it before receiving the box.

After a few seconds Chaeyeon smelt something burning. Her eyes widen the same time Nako looks at the hall way towards her kitchen. "My Bacon!" The older run, with Nako tailing behind after a few seconds. The moment she reached her stove. She was greeted with a burnt bacon. Chaeyeon shook her head before facing the giggling Nako. "Well, that was one hell of a morning breakfast." Chaeyeon jokes out. She then continued to scrape the burnt bacon off her pan. After the bacon got scraped out she washed the pan and prepared another set of bacon to cook. Nako was about to leave but Chaeyeon stopped her and asked the shorter to join her for breakfast. Nako smiled and accepted the invitation, after all this is usually how their morning routines would end up— except for that part where Chaeyeon burned a bacon.

 

 

 

+

 

 


Yujin woke up with the smell of bacon and coffee invading her senses. The tall puppy immediately shoots up from the floor and grogily walked towards the dining table in the kitchen— without even tidying up the living room. As she walks with her eyes half open, she heard her aunt talking to someone— yet Yujin shrugs it off and continued to barge inside the dining area. She was yawning and rubbing her eyes while creeping closer to the table, but to her surprise; when she attempted to move the wooden chair. It was soft and warm. 

She tried to pull the chair out, but it did not budge; rather— it spoke. Suddenly Yujin opened her eyes and tried to adjust her sight, but she almost forgot that she has a very bad one.

The tall puppy then run back to the living room to grab her glasses, and run back to scream at her aunt's face about the talking dinning chair. Yujin didn't notice Nako and continued to bombard Chaeyeon with her stupid remarks. Chaeyeon only eyes her with an amused stare while holding a laugh. 

"Yah! Auntie! Why are you smiling!? I just told you the chair talked! Aren't you creep out!?" Chaeyeon cannot hold it in anymore and let out her boisterous laugh. Yujin felt like she was being ignored and pointed at the chair whom she said was talking; but when she whips her head she saw Nako sitting at the same exact chair— giggling. 

"Nako-san?" Yujin squinted her eyes. When she realizes that Nako was indeed there; in the flesh. Yujin suddenly became flustered. Her face heated up like a pot of boiling water and if what happens in animes are true— a steam would be seen forming on top of her head because of embarassment. Her aunt on the other hand laughs louder, and Yujin felt second hand embarrassment because of her aunt's uncontrolled laugh. 'why is this happening to me so early in the morning?' Yujin thought before she slowly walks herself to the seat opposite to Nako's. 

"Good morning Yujin-chan~" Nako chirps. Her eyes, playful; Yujin gulps as she felt a barrage of teasing would soon come rushing towards her like some army missile. Her palms started to sweat as she grabs her chopsticks. "G-good morning to you too, Nako-san" Yujin almost curse after stuttering. She wanted to roll it out as cool as possible, but her nervousness got the better of her. She sigh then look at her aunt who is now busy chugging down her coffee. After Chaeyeon was done. The oldest stood up and place the empty plate and mug in the sink. 

"Yujinie. I'll be going out for awhile. So I'll put you in charge of the dishes." Chaeyeon muses. 

The oldest looks like she was in a hurry. So Yujin only nodded with a hum before digging back in on her food. She almost forgot that they have an intruder if not for Chaeyeon mentioning Nako's name again. "Nako-chan. I'll be back later. You can lounge in as long as you want. Also tell your mom that I said thank you for the mushrooms."

Nako gave out a thumbs up, as was still full with all the food she was eating. Chaeyeon then gave the two young teenagers a smile before she heads out. As soon as Nako knew Chaeyeon was out for good. She snickered, before eyeing the eating Yujin. "So, are you still scared of the talking chair?" Nako playfully questioned and Yujin felt like air got stuck in and for some reasons she started to choke on her food. Nako became alarmed with the choking, and immediately run to get Yujin a glass of water.

The taller chugs the water down after Nako placed the glass down beside her. As the smaller saw how Yujin's breathing started to nuetralize. A relieved air escape Nako's lips. She then slaps Yujin on the arm and gave the tall puppy a glare. "Next time. Chew on your food properly." Yujin forgot what Nako did because the fuming girl looks so cute. The pup then continued to giggle before going back to eating. Nako could only shake her head and walk back to her seat and started eating again.

After the two finished their little breakfast. Yujin was preparing to wash the dishes; but she felt a shoulder bumping on her arm— it was Nako. The smaller then folded her sleeves up before opening the faucet. Yujin only stared at the older— taking a plate and scrubbing it with a hand held sponge. The pup thought how cute the shorter was, while focused on washing the dirty dishes.

"Stop gawking. I might melt." Nako blurted out which took the taller off-guard. Yujin slightly bowed with cheeks flaring red. "I-Im sorry." Again, Yujin wanted to hit herself from stuttering. She doesn't know why, but everytime Nako is close. She feels so nervous. Her heart would thump so crazy that she finds herself breathless. 

"Here." Yujin's train of thought got broken by a plate that hung infront of her. 

'a plate?' The taller thought before grabbing it, and looking at the person who gave it to her. 'a right. We are washing the dishes' The pup again talked to herself. Yujin then started wiping the plate with a clean dry cloth. After some minutes the two finished the dishes. Nako took her apron off and started in folding her sleeves. She was about to bid Yujin goodbye when suddenly the pup beat her.

"Nako-san. About your offer last night." Yujin started, while fiddling on her pyjama. "You see, I saw this uhmm.. Well, Demon statues. So I was wondering if you know where it is; and perhaps. You could take me there....but only if you are available tho. I don't want to be a hindrance to your own vacation." The taller added which made Nako smile fondly at the younger. She shook her head lightly and gave the pup a pat on the arm. She then drag the taller down the hall and into Chaeyeon's front door. 

"I'll be your tour guide, so don't worry. Besides." Nako fishes her phone and gave Yujin a teasing stare. "I got my payback from yesterday when you took my photo without permission." The shorter then flashes her phone screen at Yujin; and the taller almost swore at the content. It was her— sleeping and looking like a starfish with all open. By instinct Yujin tried to grab the phone but Nako was fast to hide it behind her back that Yujin forcefully tried to reached for it, not realizing that she had lessen the gap between them by an inch or two. Yujin continues to hog on Nako, while the shorter only started laughing while doing her best protecting her phone.

The two got lost in their own bubble, until it popped because of a certain someone's voice. "Oh. Good morning Nako-chan."

The two whipped their heads and there stands Dr. Kang, with Chaeyeon giving the two teenagers a knowing look. Yujin immediately pulled herself away from Nako and gave her aunt an awkward laugh while unconsciously scratching her nape. Nako did not mind and beamed a bright smile towards the two older women. The shorter continued to greet the two women before facing Yujin again. "Yujin-chan. I'll tour you around, the day after tomorrow. Would that be okay?"

Yujin only nodded before giving Nako a thumbs up. Soon after, Nako bid her goodbye....Now Yujin finds herself seated on the living room couch while her aunt stares at her. "So?" Chaeyeon utter with a raised eyebrow at the younger. Yujin sighed and explained what happened; and as the usuals go. Chaeyeon gave her a heartily laugh, before holding on to her niece's shoulder. "Well, at all least. Your summer will be booked, and I won't have to tour you around. A win-win for both of us." Yujin stared at Chaeyeon— questioning. The last time she checked. Her aunt can never stay put inside a house. "Win-win? How come? You don't like staying at home."

Chaeyeon only laughs at her niece when suddenly a voice fron the kitchen called out— It was Dr. Kang calling out her aunt, but the thing that Yujin did not let her hearing slip was an endearment from the said visitor. "Babe? Auntie!? Did she just called you BABE!?"

Chaeyeon only nodded casually before running towards the kitchen enthusiastically, returning Hyewon's endearment.

"o-kay... I think I'll just get ice cream" Yujin muses to herself before changing her clothes and headed out.

At a nearby convenience store. Yujin pops a popsicle from . The first plan was to get ice cream, but sadly the store run out of stock and now here she is with a strawberry flavored popsicle. As she sips the red liquid out of it's soft flexible plastic container, she thought of walking around town. But then again, she thought twice. 

She's not familiar with the area, and she doesn't want to go back just yet because she's scared that she might see some horrific scene of her aunt being all sweet and lovey-dovey towards Dr. Kang. She started sipping again on her popsicle when another idea pops up. She opened her phone and tried to connect to the internet. Without a doubt, she always have a hard time suppressing her adventurer soul; that when the loading screen suddenly registered a sudden signal disconnection. Her heart sunk like titanic.

Feeling defeated— the tall pup walked out of the convenience store, head down and not looking infront of her that the moment the electric censors opened the door for her. She bumped into someone. The thud pulled the defeated puppy back to her senses, and there she saw Nako sitting on the ground while  patting her to get rid of the pain from the fall.

Yujin immediately acted and said her sorry before taking the shorter girl's hand, and pulm her up. After Nako had stood up again. Yujin bowed again and courteously said her sorry. Nako only gave her a smile and instructed her to stop saying sorry, but the warm hearted pup still felt guilty. So Nako— being the brainy girl she is, asked the taller for a  popsicle to make it even. The pup beams and hurriedly walked towards the counter that she forgot to ask Nako for the flavor. 

After buying the strawberry popsicle again, Yujin realizes that it was not Nako's choice to buy a strawberry flavored popsicle. She then looked at the shorter with an embarrassed smile. And slightly waved the popsicle she was holding. Nako burst out laughing but either ways she accepted the popsicle and sipped on it.

"What are you doing here? Are you bored or something?" Nako asked curiously, while both of them sit at a bench outside the convenience store. 

"Well, not really. But you can say that too." The taller chuckled before stretching towards the bench's back rest as she clasped her hands together and place them on her thighs. 

Nako abruptly looked at the pup before sipping her popsicle dry. She then did the same as Yujin and stretches her limbs— her back leaning towards the bench's back rest; arms on the side, before exhaling loudly. The taller then side eyes her and giggled a bit. "You sound like an old man." Yujin exclaimed before returning her gaze at the road side. Nako snickered a bit at the comment. Both engulf in a calm and comfortable silence— well not until Nako stood up from her seat, startling the resting Yujin. 

Nako then starts to eye Yujin with her expectant eyes and Yujin felt chills over it. She knows that Nako is up to something and her guts is telling her it's something that she should say no to. "Yujin-chan! I think I know how to kill your boredom." Yujin looked at Nako skeptical, but the shorter gave her a pleading look, as if Nako knows that Yujin can never say no to that cute pleading baby eyes. Yujin sighs in defeat and nodded. The smaller could only rejoice as she grab Yujin's hand and drag the latter towards their house. Nako then pulled out two bikes. One a bit bigger than the other.

The japanese then lend the other to Yujin which the latter looked at curiously.

"Do you not know how to ride this?" Nako asked, innocence lacing her voice, which Yujin cannot resist to smile upon. She then shook her head and started riding the bike like an expert. Nako brightly beams a smile before clapping her hands like a little penguin. Yujin chortled at the sight before asking Nako what to do. The latter's eyes started to shine as she too, hurriedly climb up her bike and instructed the taller to follow suit. Yujin gave a thumbs up as she tails Nako— well not until Yujin asked for a friendly race to the next post, which Nako did not back down on. The two then laugh in glee as they pedal their way towards the upcoming sign post; Yujin taking the lead and perhaps also taking the victory.

From a far, a pair of heads peeks out the window to observe the two teens on their bikes, looking like they have no care in the world. The taller one smiled while the other lays her head on the taller's shoulder. 

"Young blooming love sure is nice...right chae?" Hyewon uttered softly. The doctor then heard a hum from her lover as she felt Chaeyeon's head nodding in agreement. The beautiful doctor gave a heartily laugh before looking up to her beloved girlfriend to steal a kiss. She then stood up, leaving her girlfriend dumbfounded at the little affection she just did a few seconds ago.

"Stop staring at me like a dumb bear. Im already hungry." Hyewon complained before acting like a child throwing tantrums. Chaeyeon giggled at her lover as she stood up and make her way to the kitchen. Hyewon watches Chaeyeon's back walking out the living room, and when the latter got out Hyewon took another glance out the window. "I wish Chaeyeon would take me out on a bike." The doctor then smiled before following her lover whose probably cooking a hearty meal for her.

 

 


+

 

 

 


"So where are we going?" Yujin curiously asked as she started to speed up a bit to catch up to Nako. The smaller only smile and just asked the puppy to follow without anymore questions. Yujin then shrugs and continues to pedal beside the shorter whose now feeling the breeze grazing on her skin. 

As the soft rural wind blows at them Yujin yet again, got mesmerized by Nako's stunning looks. She smiled to herself before remembering that she did not bring her camera with her. Yujin let out a sigh— after realizing her honest to god mistake, she got lost in her own thought.

Now swimming in her own consciousness, Yujin forgot she was riding a bicycle and there— comes a series of unfortunate events. Yujin's bike wheel unexpectedly dipped down a puddle making her lose her balance because her thought was nowhere near her. She tried to regain control. Which luckily, she did; but unfortunately a woman suddenly entered her line of sight— scared of hitting the woman. Yujin immediately turn the handle to the right. As the taller felt her balance becoming more unstable; she jumps off from the two wheeled transportation and let the bicycle move in it's own until it crashed down a muddy puddle.

On the other hand. Yujin groans— she felt a slight sting on her elbow. After jumping off her bike; Yujin fortunately got herself rolling on the side of a rice field full of grass and wild thorn less flowers. Even tho she did land on the grassy inclined slope. Yujin scraped her elbow because of the friction.

Nako immediately climb down her bike and gave the woman a bow before running to Yujin like a wild man. As she saw the latter hissing in pain. Nako run towards the nearest store she could find and when she got back Yujin has already sat herself upright, looking at her elbow and trying to touch the wound with bare hands. Luckily Nako inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter