Prologue

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul looked at herself in the bathroom mirror one more time before going to sleep. The last couple of days haven’t been easy, Dahee was pretty busy with her work lately, lots of meetings, and lots of homework, which meant that she was almost never at home and when she was, it felt like she wasn’t. But yet, she smiled at the thought of what they had scheduled for the next day.

 

- I can’t wait for tomorrow! I’m sure it’s gonna be so much fun. - Moonbyul turned off the bathroom light and started walking toward the bed. - Don’t you think so?

- I don’t know what you have tomorrow, but I’m sure it will be, honey. - Dahee who was already lying on the bed said with her eyes still closed.

- Of course you know. - Moonbyul giggled sitting on the bed beside her. - And it’s not what I have, it’s what we have tomorrow. You didn’t forget, did you?

- Forgot what?

- Our dance class, Dahee! The couple dance class that we have tomorrow night. The one I have been telling you about for weeks now.

- Wait, tomorrow night?! - Dahee opened her eyes, sitting on the bed. - I can’t go. I have a very important meeting tomorrow night.

- Oh, God… and what time is this meeting?

- 7 P.M.

- Well, the class starts at 8 P.M. Do you think you can finish the meeting on time?

- It’s an important meeting, Moonbyul. - Moonbyul stared at her as if she was pleading only with her eyes. - Don’t look at me like that! Arghh… fine, fine! I will try, but I can’t promise anything. Now let's go to sleep.

 

Moonbyul smiled with that response.

 

Yeah, she was kind of sad with Dahee for forgetting about something that she was planning for weeks now, making sure that she picked the dates they could both go, but even though she forgot and scheduled a meeting at almost the same time, she will at least try to be there. That’s still good… right?

 

-----

 

Moonbyul looked at her phone clock one more time. 7:50 P.M. Still no sign of Dahee.

 

- C’mon, Moon. We only have ten more minutes before the class starts. We should be going. - Hyejin got up from the couch, giving a small tap on Moonbyul’s shoulder.

 

Moonbyul planned this whole couple dance thing with another couple, Hyejin and Wheein.

 

Hyejin has been Moonbyul’s best friend for quite some time now. Since the first time Moonbyul saw Hyejin she was already friends with Wheein and what, in the beginning, was a friendship, transformed into something more. It’s been four years that the two are together and the word “marriage” haunts them for quite some time now.

 

- Yeah, we should. - Wheein followed Hyejin's steps, standing beside her, waiting for Moonbyul. - I still can’t believe you already put Yuna to sleep.

- I told you I don’t trust these babysitters. - Moonbyul looked at her phone one last time before getting up from the couch. - She didn’t text me or anything, I guess she couldn’t finish the meeting in time. Anyway, we don’t want to be late for our first class, let’s go.

 

On the way to the dance class, Moonbyul couldn’t stop checking her phone now and then, she knew that this was the most likely thing to happen, yet she hoped t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter