Finale

Insomnia

It’s three in the morning and I am wide awake in my high sleeper with Jeongin underneath me. I can hear soft snores from Jisung and Changbin in their respective high sleepers. They aren’t loud enough to keep me awake and they actually sound kinda cute, but today I just cannot fall asleep. Our room is dark but I can see different colored lights behind the curtain. It almost looks like fireworks.

I pull my blanket a little higher, making myself more comfortable in my bed but no matter how many times I turn around I cannot find a comfortable position, let alone fall asleep. I feel tired, but my body won’t let me sleep. In these kinds of situations, I would simply take Kkami into my bed and cuddle him. With him in my arms I can always fall asleep fast. However, our vacation is already over and I am in our dorm, where only the other members are. Well, except for Chan who’s in Busan for a movie production and will only come back in a few days.

After what felt like an eternity, I looked at my phone again. Only a few minutes past three. I put it back under my pillow and decide to look for someone who is awake. If I cannot cuddle Kkami, maybe I am lucky enough that one of the members is awake. During daytime I already cuddle a lot with everyone. I love all of them and I generally like skin ship afterall.

Everyone in my room should be sleeping but I still try whispering:

“Is anyone awake?” No response. Figured. I then slowly stood up, not wanting to wake up the peaceful people in dreamland. I carefully tiptoe outside the room and internally curse the door for creaking so loudly. I turn around and luckily, I didn’t wake them up. After closing the door, I stood in the hallway. Idly I just stand there viewing the dark walls and ground.

I am covered in absolute silence. The usually loud dorm is silent. The air feels clearer with no noise filling the room. I took one step and felt solitude, only my breaths to be heard. Lowering my heard I could only pity myself. Everyone could sleep peacefully while I just can’t, leaving me alone with this insomnia.

The room next to mine is occupied by Seungmin and Felix. Fortunately, their door was quiet and when I entered their room half way I whispered: “Is anyone awake?” Instead of a response I only heard a loud fart. Startled I took that as a no and left them alone as well. Outside their room I sigh and lose hope to find anyone awake in the dorm. They should be sleeping after all.

Now only Minho’s and Chan’s room is left. Usually I would go to Chan first whenever something bothered me, but he isn’t here today. I look around our dorm as I slowly made my way to the room at the other side of the hallway. Once again, the door was creaking a little and I cringed. Again, I only entered the dark room halfway.

“Minho hyung, are you awake?”

“Yeah what is it?” Minho spoke in a sleepy yet sober voice. I was taken a back, because I didn’t expect to actually be successful on my quest. Minho didn’t lay in a higher sleeper like most of us, but had an individual single bed at the wall. When I entered I could see his back, but after hearing my words he turned around still in his blankets and from what I can detect only one eye is half open.

“Do you have any pains, are you alright? Or did something happen?” He asked responsibly and slightly worried.

“No, nothing happened and I am alright.”

“What is it then?” Even though Hyunjin cannot see the older, he hears that he still had his full attention, even though he could tell Minho was tired.

“I can’t sleep.”

“Why?”

“I dunno. I guess I just miss cuddling Kkami….” I coyly, but truthfully answer. There was a short moment of silence.

“Come in.” Minho said as he slightly lifted his blanket, signaling me to come under the blanket. Not wanting to make the older wait I quickly toddle to his bed. Minho groaned when he felt my cold body that became chilly because I was outside the blankets for so long, standing in the dorm.

Even though Minho is smaller than me he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to his chest. Embracing me while my head rests on his chest. Being like this I could smell his freshly showered body. He smells like mint and strawberry. I close my eyes and adjust my head on his well-trained body. Strangely enough I almost instantly find a comfortable position. As I stood still, I feel a lazy kiss on my head.

“Now sleep”

“Yes, good night” I said. Apparently, he was too tired to reply and just hummed.

Laying on Minho I would feel his warmth that made me calm down and let me feel secure. His steady heartbeat softly throbs against my ear. Not only was he comfy but he also caresses my back a few times. The comfort in his arms felt blissful and I could finally fall asleep.

 

 

The next morning was chaos. Hyunjin was missing. At least that’s what most of the dorm residents thought. Jeongin was the first to wake up and walked through the dorm looking for him, but didn’t find him. After his roommates woke up as well, he informed them that Hyunjin was missing. Jisung looked into the other’s rooms but didn’t see Hyunjin in either of them. He only saw one pair of feet sticking out of Minho’s blanket and assumed it was his. They called Hyunjin’s mobile but he wouldn’t pick up. They became anxious and called Chan in order to inform him about the missing member. After a while Seungmin and Felix also woke up due to the turmoil next to their room. While Seungmin didn’t think it was anything serious, Felix was agitated like the rest. Seungmin took his mobile and went to Minho’s room, opening the door as quiet as possible. He smiled smugly and took a photo of Hyunjin and Minho cuddling on the small bed. He left them alone and soothed s with the taken picture.

 

I woke up as peaceful and well rested as I have never been. My arms were around Minho and my face nuzzled in his neck. With our bodies so close to each other I wouldn’t want to leave the bed just now if it weren’t for Minho’s buzzing mobile.

“Hyung… your phone.” I whisper mellowly.

“Hmm, I know.” He grunts and stretched one arm to grab his phone while I still stay close to him, one arm around his body. Chan almost screamed on the other side of the line and Minho answered confused and still drowsy:

“What are you talking about? Hyunjin is right next to me, we’re in the dorm. I think they just wanted to prank you. I’m gonna talk to the kids later. See you!” he sighs.

“What’s going on?” I ask while Minho turns around to tell me what Chan heard from the other members and looks at me with sleepy dust in his eyes. Even without make up and shaggy hair he still looked pretty. I brush one of the strands that fell in his eyes before we got up and met the others in order to clear up the misunderstanding that happened while we slept. Apparently, they forgot to inform Chan again after Seungmin reassured everyone that I wasn’t missing after all. Minho just face palmed at the whole turmoil and instructed them to consult him first whenever something happens, because he is the oldest in the dorm when Chan isn’t there.

After breakfast, I ran up to Minho who was about to enter his room.

“Minho.”

“Hm?” His hand already on the doorknob he looked up to me.

“Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed tonight.”

“No problem. Say, how did you sleep?”

“Great, splendid even! It felt nice… I could fall asleep so fast and it was super comfy!”

He smiles sweetly at me. He also nods his head but it seemed like it was more of a reassurance for himself than it was meant for me. I could swear I saw a slight blush on his face, but I can’t even imagine how I looked like when he said:

“Well, if you want… you can sleep in my bed again tonight?”

“Yes, I’d love to.”

 

 

A/N:

This was supposed to be a short fluffy one shot. In the middle of writing I thought of making this into a drama with a bad ending (‘cause I had an idea) but I chose to go with my initial plot. I actually wanted to end the story after Hyunjin fell asleep, but it felt too short which is why I added the part where everyone is looking for Hyunjin. I tried to make it funny, but I guess it doesn’t seem as funny as I wanted it to be…. Dang xD… But with the “extended” ending I could include a little bit more Hyunho and imply their future relationship hehehe.