25 (Six)

Brash And Curious

          Before I could blink, my vision goes darker, along with something that just hits my lips. Baekhyun’s. Not only a simple hit, but his lips go on a full force, straight up attacking me. I close my eyes, and after processing this event, I decide to kiss him back.

          He lets go of my hand and proceeds to hold the sides of my neck. My previously timid hands go around his shoulder, and I think I’m going to melt.

          My legs start to feel unsteady, and as if he could sense that as well, Baekhyun turns our bodies around and pushes me until I land on something. I think it’s the sofa in front of the bed. Our lips are still united, and I get extremely dizzy while my heart feels like it’s going to burst out from my chest.

          Even though I’m safely sitting down, Baekhyun still pushes me and my back falls to the sofa cushion. My lower body is locked by his legs, and his weight overpowers any of my movement.

          He’s now holding my wrists each on his hands, and after intense minutes that felt like a mere second, we slow down and eventually take a break.

          Baekhyun is still on top of me, hanging his head again. I look at the ceiling, and silently fold my lips. They feel so… Empty. At one point, Baekhyun accidentally bit my lip. I blink twice, and exhale.

          Baekhyun finally shows his face, and his eyes start to change into his usual stare. The Baekhyun that I know. His face is expressionless, but I prefer this over what I first saw when he revealed himself to me. He releases my wrists and fixes strands of hair on my forehead.

          He leans in for a kiss again, only this time he goes slow and tame, nothing of beastly act he just did to me earlier. I thought he’d go longer, but he stops quicker than I expect. His lips are still there, though, and they trace the lower parts of my face.

          He reaches to my neck, and I grab the sides of the sofa tightly. This is somehow more nerve-wrecking than the kisses. I try not to make any sound, but my body tenses up. Can he sense it?

          He stops on my collarbone then he slightly lifts himself, watching my reaction. I avoid his eyes, and Baekhyun slowly gets off from the sofa. He helps me up we’re standing in front of each other.

          I avoid his sight again and now I’m looking at the floor. I press my lips together tightly, trying to compose myself.

          “I’m sorry, but—” I take a deep breath and release it. “If you’re doing this… because…”

          I can’t seem to finish my sentence. For some reason I go inside the bathroom, and leave the door open. I turn the faucet on, and watch the water pour on the basin vacantly.

          Baekhyun follows me, and halt at the door. “What is it, Lana?”

          I stop the water, and hold onto the sink. “If… If this is an attempt to get over her… I can’t.”

          I gulp afterwards, and look at my dress’ reflection on the mirror. It’s completely shriveled. I see Baekhyun fidgeting on his spot, and I silently wait for his response.

          "You got the order wrong." Baekhyun says. "She was my attempt to forget you."

          The marble sink under my hands suddenly feels extra cold. "What?"

          "That time, five years ago… I was afraid that you'd hate me if I were being persistent, plus my father's issue, so I decided not to contact you after I left. Would it have been different if I kept chasing you?"

          He leans one side of his body to the door, his eyes completely turned to the usual Baekhyun stare.

          "I should have at least tried, I should have fought for it... Instead I dated someone else and ended up being left for no reason and suffered by myself... I kept thinking, ‘Hong Lana wouldn’t do this to me’.”

          I look at the wet basin, and blink a few times.

          "I even avoided this hotel for awhile. I only started visiting again since last year, and sometimes... no, often, I still get reminded of you."

          "Is that why you asked me if I were real that time?"

          "Exactly. You might be just a fragment of my imagination, I needed to make sure I wasn't hallucinating."

          I soundlessly laugh, but then the sides of my mouth go down again. "What does that make me, who did nothing?"

          "You had your reasons, you must have resentments." Baekhyun presses his back to the seat. "I should have ignored that and taken the risk."

          I try to look at him but then divert my sight. "If you’re not telling the truth, I'll kill you."

          Baekhyun starts chuckling. "Ah yes, this is the Hong Lana I know." he walks up, and puts his arms around me. I'm wrapped in his secure hug, and heave a deep breath. I put both of my hands on his back and I start to feel drowsy.

          "You shouldn't have left the wedding then, you should let her see you. That'd make her anxious." I say, my voice is a bit muffled since my mouth is covered by his shoulder.

          "I was a bit perplexed. And I'm not interested of getting revenge or something."

          "You're too nice. Since when did you become this nice?"

          "I'm not nice, proven by your frequency of getting mad at me in the span of three days." he sneers. “I’m sorry I left earlier. I was going to look for you after I calmed myself down, but you were the one who came to me… Do you know how happy I was?”

          I scoff, and Baekhyun holds me tighter. I wriggle a bit to adjust my position, and see my lipstick stain on his shirt. "Oh no."

          Baekhyun sees it too, and laughs. The sound of ringtone is heard from the room, and I think it’s mine. I look for my purse, and take out my phone.

          "Hello, Mom? Oh, yeah...” I scratch my head, looking for an excuse. “I met a few friends I know, I'm grabbing some drinks with them. Just go back firstoh? Well then, have fun with the others. Yeah, don't worry. Bye." I hang up, and shake my head. "I'm pretty sure the main reason I was dragged here is to spend some 'family time'."

          Baekhyun is heard cackling. "That may be the universe's excuse for us to meet."

          I curl my fingers out of cringe, and shudder. Baekhyun devilishly laughs, then he takes my hands and pulls me towards him.

          “I see you’re planning to stay out tonight.” he says slowly.

          “When did I say that?” I tilt my head. Baekhyun grins and grabs both of my shoulders. He starts to walk, forcing me to go backwards. I get nervous and look back a few times, the mix of being afraid that I might bump into something and simply puzzled on what he’s going to do.

          My legs hit something both concrete and soft, and I’m pretty sure that’s the bed. I lose my balance, and let out a tiny gasp. I can’t even manage to sit first, and fell lying down.

          Baekhyun just stands there for awhile, until he climbs to the bed too, right over my body. I lose all energy to lift myself, and I anxiously wish the bed will just swallow me.

          “Thank you for coming to me.” he says, then he seals my lips again.

          I’m completely drown, and I forget about everything. I don’t know what to do with my hands, and end up holding onto the front part of his shirt.

          Due to a hasty action, I accidentally pull on his shirt too strongly, and two buttons popped. We stopped for awhile, and my mouth opens. “Oh my God.”

          Baekhyun blinks, and touches his half-exposed chest. “Wow, Hong Lana. You always surprise me. The lipstick stain was alright, but this is something else.”

          “I didn’t—”

          Baekhyun laughs, and his expression goes straight again. He caresses one side of my face, and kisses my forehead. “You started it.”

*

          I woke up at dawn next to Baekhyun, and apparently I was using his arm as my pillow. I straighten down his arm and caress it, silently wondering if it got sore.

          I look at his sleeping form, and scoff. I hate how he looks so childlike in this condition, when in reality… Well.

          I get out of bed to get dressed, and I see Baekhyun squirming. He then struggles to open his eyes and adjust his sight.

          “What—you’re leaving now?”

          “I should, so my parents wouldn’t see my dress in this condition.” I mutter.

          “You’re not leaving today, right?”

          “With the tone my mother called me yesterday, there’s a really good chance our stay will be extended.”

          Baekhyun starts snickering. I start wearing my heels, and something comes across my mind.

          “I just remember. You said if you agreed to go to the wedding, the next day would be your turn. It’s today. What are you planning?”

          Baekhyun goes blank for awhile, but then he smiles. “Oh yes, I have a plan. Meet me at breakfast.”

          “What are we going to do?”

          “Oh, the ever so impatient, Hong Lana.” he rolls to his side and places a hand under his head. “Just wait.”

          I sigh, and Baekhyun slowly chuckles. He lies on his back again, and shuts his eyes.

          “Alright, see you in a few hours.” I walk to the bed again, and plants a peck on his lips.

          Baekhyun still has his eyes closed, but a wide smile starts blooming on his face. I silently laugh, and leave the room.