chapter 1

dazzling light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the wolves are enjoying their hunting results, the crimson color of blood spilling over the grass, mingled with the purity of the white clouds floating in the ravine.

annie gently pulled the curtain aside, her beautiful pupils quickly looking toward the orange horizon. she wondered how much longer she had to wait to leave this cramped place and wallow in the starry dream. even if she never left the ruined forest always protecting château de lafferty castle.

oh, if you mention the château de lafferty, it used to be her family's former property, where the four walls were made of luxurious jade and brocade and gold-plated ceilings sparkled under the admiring eyes of the poor. besides, it was also the great pride of her father, when he was only 2000 years old, he could own such a huge fortune. but somehow, for her, that majestic castle is no different from something rotting, on the outside it looks very splendid but the inside has been completely rotten long ago. perhaps, right from the start, it was never a peaceful place for her.

annie let go of the curtain, the sunset finally set.

/

annie wandered around the forest, she'd spent the hundred years of her life just walking around the forest and memorizing all its nooks and crannies. but annie lafferty has never been bored with it; instead, she loves its gloom more than anything she owns.

she knew very well that only she and the wolves lived in this forest. nobody wants to come here to get firewood, or just look at her magnificent castle. oh, her father's pride has been buried by time. she guessed that if her father knew about it, he might come to life.

she wished she could see her father's wrinkled face frowning to the point of distortion, and the corner of his eyes full of crow's feet trying to cry but really without tears. he would cry for his castle, for his fortune and all the glory he had.

annie clicked her tongue, an annoying line rolling slowly over her pale skin. the moonlight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter