"I'm Like You."

IX (A Twice Witches AU)

 

 

(Earlier)

 

“You won’t get far, thief!” Screamed the booming voice of the man whose house Momo had just ran from as she hid behind a building, chest heaving as she peaked over the edge of the building to the man who held a handgun in his clammy, meaty hands, eyes combing the area for any sight of the small Japanese girl who made her way to his bed and tried to make off with a few expensive things, among them being a gold watch, an Army Vallor Medal and a shiny wedding ring. 

 

She looked down at her leg and hissed at the feeling of the bullet inside her muscle moving as she flexed it to see how severe it was. 

 

Too severe for her to be able to run, at the very least. 

 

“Come out, and nobody gets hurt!” He rationalized, his voice getting closer and closer the longer she hid behind the neighbor’s house. 

 

“It’s too late for that now, isn’t it?” She yelled back breathily, trying to hide the pain in her voice as she applied pressure to the wound in her leg. This kind of pain and stress made her long for the days when people ran after thieves with swords and axes, because at least she could regenerate a severed hand. A tiny lightning bolt of lead tearing through the tissue of her calf muscle on the other hand, was a lot harder to recover from. 

 

Plus, you don’t need a hand to run fast. 

 

“Give me one reason I shouldn’t blow your head off right now, snake!” He growled, just a few feet away now, and Momo knew it was now or never. 

 

She hunched over and began to shift, biting her knuckle to stop herself from screaming at the pain of the bullet moving inside her leg. 

 

By the time the man was finally able to peek around the side of the house, the only thing that greeted him was a pool of blood, the remnants of the shirt she took from his closet and put over her body, and a common alley cat with a shiny coat of black fur meowing up at him, wide eyed and curious. 

 

The cat walked between the man’s legs and purred, rubbing up against his hairy flesh and wrapping its tail around its ankle. 

 

The man scanned the area, grunting as he turned away, but not before a glint of light hit something shiny against the sun, catching his eye. There, in the pool of blood on the concrete laid a tiny lead bullet. 

 

As he bent down to grab the bullet from the pool of blood, the cat limped forward to brush up against his hand, but he slapped it away, making the cat let out a pained cry before making a choking sound. It hacked, coughing up something that, again, caught the man’s eye. 

 

“My ring…” He muttered to himself before assessing the cat and noticing it’s back leg matted with blood. He picked it up by the scruff, making it hiss and growl before the wounded leg began to mutate, growing before his eyes, black fur fading into tan skin covered in drying blood. He gasped and dropped the thing, as well as his gun, watching as its head and hands changed, claws stretching to fingers, the sounds of hissing changed to screams, which almost covered the haunting sound of bones breaking back into place. 

 

And there she was, lying on the ground, winded and coated in sweat and blood, tears falling from her eyes as she tried to regain her breath. “What are you?!” He screamed before dropping to his knees and wrapping his hands around her neck before she could regain her strength, causing the woman to thrash against him, clawing at big his hands as he restricted her airways and watched her bulging eyes slowly drain of life, rolling to the back of her head to finally be at rest.

 

Once he was satisfied with her death, he smiled a toothy grin before standing up and turning to walk back to his house, wedding ring in hand. 

 

He closed the door behind him and scratched his bare stomach before walking to grab his phone to call someone who would help him clean up the mess. 

 

He leaned over the kitchen sink and peeked outside at the body through the curtains as he waited for the person on the other end of the line to pick up. 

 

“Hey, Bruce, it’s Stevens. I need your help with a uh… project.” He trailed, tucking the phone between his shoulder and chin before turning the faucet on to wash his hands. “Yeah, it’s a little messy.” He chuckled as he turned the water off and grabbed a dish towel to dry his hands, looking out the window again, only to see the body was gone. 

 

He dropped his phone and walked back to the front door, opening it to see where the body went. He looked both ways and didn’t see anything. Not even a trace of blood. He turned around to get a weapon from the kitchen, but as soon as he stepped back inside, he was met with a grooling sight. 

 

Blood red eyes and an unhinged jaw with a mouth full of razor sharp teeth stared at him, a smirk on her crimson lips as she looked up at him, striking the man with a terror laced expression. One his loved ones would see when they stumbled upon the body later. 

 

… 

 

“Okay, I found a map of the area from the feed store down the road.” Sana explained in a panicked tone, opening it and spreading it across the counter for Tzuyu to look at. The nature witch sat on a stool weakly as Nayeon held her wrist, casting her palm over the map over different regions so she could find where the creature in danger was. 

 

They all watched in silence as Tzuyu’s hand cast over the map, rejoicing when a whole burned through it under the woman’s palm. 

 

“Okay, I’m gonna go.” Nayeon said quickly, gathering the map together to bring with her. 

 

“I’m going with you.” Tzuyu insisted weakly, moving to stand up, only to stumble to the ground. 

 

“You can’t even stand.” Jihyo scoffed, “Jeongyeon and I will go with her.” She insisted finally, and the fire witch immediately stepped up as Sana and Dahyun helped Tzuyu to the makeshift bed where Chaeyoung sat, having made room for the tall witch. 

 

The three disappeared, leaving Chaeyoung and Tzuyu with the two humans, and Mina, who was sitting in the corner of the shop area while the humans gathered things to help Chaeyoung and Tzuyu feel better. 

 

“You saved me.” Tzuyu whispered, eyes cast forward as she tried to process what had happened. “I saw my life flash before my eyes, and you saved me.” 

 

“Technically,” Chaeyoung corrected, rolling her head against the wall to look at the taller woman, “I was the one who saw your life flash before my eyes, but I guess that works.” She sighed, “You shouldn’t try to walk too much, and you should drink water. Dying takes a lot out of me, I could only imagine how you feel right now.” 

 

“I…” Tzuyu finally turned to look at Chaeyoung, “I died?” 

 

“My best guess is that the creature in danger was the one who was supposed to die, but because you have such a deep connection with the magical creatures, its life force clinged to yours and since you were closest to death, you lost the battle.” She explained, and the room went silent for a moment before Tzuyu smiled and kissed Chaeyoung’s cheek. 

 

“Thank you.” 

 

… 

 

“The blood is here,” Jeongyeon pointed out to Nayeon as they stood over the pool of blood, “but where’s the body?” She asked, looking around the suburban neighborhood, eyes widening when she saw Jihyo opening the door of a house across the street. “What are you doing!?” She hissed, and Nayeon took her hand before orbing them into the house. 

 

“Oh my God!” Nayeon screeched when she saw the horrid sight of a dead man lying on the ground, eyes wide with terror, a hole in his chest where his heart should be, intestines spilling over his bare stomach. 

 

“Shh,” Jihyo hushed as she peaked through the rooms, following the sounds of the creature’s thoughts to the last room in the back of the large house. “Hello?” Jihyo asked in a hushed voice, looking around the room until she saw a head of jet black hair sticking out from the other side of the plush king-sized mattress in the middle of the room. “I’m Jihyo.” She offered, and was met with a pair of sapphire red eyes staring into her soul, teeth bare and covered in blood, entrails dripping from them as she seethed. Instead of jumping away or charing at her like Momo had expected, the human smiled kindly. “Hello, little fox.” She hummed softly, stepping into the room and closing the door before dropping to her knees to be eye level with the timid creature. “What’s your name?” She asked, and Momo didn’t answer, she just blinked her beaty eyes at the witch, who smiled even softer. “Momo is a pretty name.” She offered, and something flashed, making Momo’s eyes and mouth return to normal. 

 

“H-how do you know my name?” She asked, voice small and scared, and the Quizmaster witch summoned her over with a finger. 

 

“I’m like you.” She offered once Momo was kneeling in front of her, mouth and hands covered in the man’s blood. “I can read minds.” She offered, and Momo’s eyes flashed red in warning, but Jihyo held her hands up in surrender, but Momo didn’t hear her breathing or heartrate change. “I won’t invade your thoughts again without your permission. Okay?” She asked, and hesitantly, Momo nodded. 

 

“I didn’t want to kill him.” She admitted, sitting on her behind and holding her knees, resting her chin between them. “But he tried to kill me, so I had to do something.” 

 

“It’s okay.” Jihyo smiled, eyes falling to the small gash in the girl’s exposed calf. “You have to heal somehow.” She rationalized before standing up and holding out her hand to the creature, who eyed the hand suspiciously. “I want to get you cleaned up. I have friends who can help keep you safe.” She offered, and Momo nodded before taking her hand and standing up, her leg still sore from her escapades. Jihyo held her arm out for Momo to brace herself on as they walked to the bathroom to wash all the blood off her hands, face and bare chest. 

 

Once they were done cleaning Momo up, Jihyo pulled a small piece of fabric from her pocket before muttering an incantation to make it grow to the size of a blanket. She pulled it over Momo’s shoulders to cover her up before guiding her out the door to the two women who overheard a lot of the conversation from the other side of the door. 

 

“Momo, these are my friends, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. They’re gonna get us to safety, okay?” Jihyo asked, and the creature nodded shyly. 

 

… 

 

“So, you’re human too?” Dahyun asked Sana as they sat at the curb outside of the shop, watching as the city died down, the lights all turning on and shops all closing for the day. 

 

“Yep.” Sana sighed sadly, and Dahyun hummed. 

 

“How did you end up in the magical realm?" She asked in confusion as she munched on a bag of pretzels.

 

Sana looked down at her feet, trying not to focus on the heavy feeling in her chest at her memories. "My dads say they brought me there." She admitted, "Apparently they found me while they were walking around a park in Osaka, Japan. They heard crying on the other side of the park, and there I was, lying, bundled up in a blanket on the top of the trash overflowing on a park waste bin. I was raised to know all I could about both worlds, practicing human traditions while spending most of my time emmersed in books of magic and wonder. Books that weren’t some fairytale. History books that started with ‘Once Upon A Time’ and autobiogrophies ended with ‘and they lived happily ever after.’” 

 

Dahyun frowned at the idea of being thrown away like that, and suddenly, her view of her life changed. 

 

"I was adopted." Dahyun admitted, so to show Sana she wasn't alone. "It's not the same, I mean, my parents died in a car crash on their way back to the hotel from the store when we were vacationing in California." She frowned, "I was seven, so I have memories of them, which I guess I'm lucky for." She shrugged, "But I remember wishing I hadn't remembered, because maybe it wouldn't have hurt so bad being bounced around from home to home, y'know?" She asked, and Sana nodded, even though she didn't know. She would've loved to meet her biological parents. 

 

"I bounced around until I was fifteen, and this really nice foster mother named Gloria took me in. She taught me everything I know about witchcraft." She smiled in reminiscence of all the times they spent together. "She told me stories about how, in her culture, there are these medicine women called 'Curanderas' who made potions and medicines to help their people get better before modern medicine. Some of these Curanderas also did rituals, like meditating and prayer and- now that I know magic is real, I'm assuming some of them were witched. But back then, men accused every Curandera of being witches, and cast them out. Forced them all to stop their practice, and eventually, it began to die. Only a few hundreds of people do it now adays." She explained, before sighing, "I opened this store in her honor after she passed last year. But it's failing, slowly but surely, and I can feel myself losing hope that anyone really cares about witchcraft beyond Hollywood's portrayal of it." She fidgeted with her fingers dejectedly, and the Japanese girl placed her hand over Dahyun's softly, giving her a reassuring smile.

 

"Gloria sounds like a lovely woman. And for what it's worth, I believe humans are capable of magical things, just as much as witches." She offered, making Dahyun return that smile. 

 

"Guys, we're back with a new friend." Nayeon said suddenly from the door of the shop, cutting into the moment between the humans.

 

"Let's go inside." The shop owner suggested as she stood up, allowing Sana to follow. 

 

"You should really think about getting a cot in here or something, Dahyun." Jeongyeon grunted from behind a box she carried to make room for the new injured face. 

 

"Uh… who's this?" Asked the owner, and Jihyo spoke up from beside the scared looking woman. 

 

"This is Momo. She's the creature Tzuyu and Chaeyoung saved." The Quizmaster witch explained, gesturing to the two women who sat beside each other on the makeshift bed, asleep. Chaeyoung had her head on Tzuyu's shoulder and the taller girl and the necromancer's hand clutched in hers. 

 

"I put up a sound barrier spell." Mina piped up from her place. "They deserve to sleep after what they went through." 

 

"Agreed." Sana sighed before looking up at Jeongyeon, who was eying them strangely. "Don't tell me you still don't trust her." The human grumbled, and the fire witch rolled her eyes. 

 

"The only person in this room I trust is Nayeon." She rolled her eyes, and for the first time since Momo exited the bedroom, she spoke. 

 

"Trust is a foolish complex." She spat, causing Nayeon to raise an eyebrow. 

 

"Don't you trust Jihyo?" She reasoned, and Momo winced at the idea. 

 

"No." She said simply, "I am using her to get what I need." 

 

Everyone looked at Jihyo expectantly, but she just shrugged. 

 

"I can respect that." She admitted as though rationalizing Momo's statement. "Sometimes people are tools needed to achieve a goal."

 

"That doesn't sound like any way to live." Dahyun frowned sadly. 

 

"It's better than trusting someone and getting hurt." Jihyo shrugged, and Momo hissed. 

 

"You promised you wouldn't read my mind again." 

 

"I didn't. I just understand what it's like." 

 

The two looked at each other for a moment, and Momo could see something in Jihyo's eyes. Something she's never seen before, not in thousands of years of meeting and assessing humans. 

 

Sincerity. 

 

"Not to break up this weird staring contest," Sana interrupted, "But who is she?" 

 

"She's a nine tailed fox." Jihyo explained, making Sana's eyes light up. 

 

"Really?!" She gasped, "No way! That's so cool!" She laughed, making Momo's brows crease in confusion. 

 

"What is cool about my kind?" She asked, and Sana gawked at such a question. 

 

"Are you kidding? You run like, super fast! And you shape shift at will! Plus, men are like, terrified of you!" she sighed dreamily, leaning over the table and looking at the woman in the same way. "You have everything I've ever wanted." 

 

Momo rolled her eyes at the child's words, and shrugged them off as ignorance, given the fact that Momo would never wish her abilities on her worst enemy. 

 

Not when they came with the pain she's known her entire life. 

 

"Anyway…" Mina trailed, "where are we supposed to sleep for the night?" 

 

"I'm glad you asked!" Dahyun grinned before swivelling her head to look at Nayeon sweetly. 

 

"Oh god, what now?" The messenger asked begrudgingly, and Dahyun wiggled her eyebrows. 

 

"I need you to break in somewhere."

 

… 

 

"You people just leave rooms like this unoccupied?" Chaeyoung asked from where she sat on the couch of the Presidential suite of the nicest hotel in New York City. 

 

"It's expensive to rent, so people don't really come up here. Especially in the middle of the week in September." Dahyun shrugged as she watched Mina utter incantations to silence the room from the inside. 

 

Jihyo was on the other side of the room reciting a spell to deter any staff from entering the room, making it virtually off limits. 

 

"I don't like how she stares at me." Tzuyu whispered guiltily to Jeongyeon, who was currently playing with buttons on the microwave. 

 

"Aren't you supposed to be an expert on animals or something?" The witch asked, bored by the conversation. 

 

"Well, yeah but I died a few hours ago, so forgive me if I feel a little stand-offish about being around someone whose soul beat mine out in a battle of wills." She said nervously, peeking through the corner of her eye at Momo, who was curled up in the corner with a pillow, and Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. 

 

"Maybe try making friends with her instead of letting your brain tell you you're better off distancing yourself." She suggested, and it was Tzuyu's turn to roll her eyes. 

 

"You should take your own advice with Mina." She countered before storming off to go sit next to Chaeyoung. 

 

"Who's sleeping where then?" Asked Mina once she finished her spell, and Momo was the first to speak up. 

 

"I'm sleeping with Jihyo." She demanded, and the quizmaster witch seemed unbothered by it. 

 

"No objections?" Sana pouted, hoping to be the one to sleep in the same room as the Quizmaster. 

 

"Nope." Jihyo shrugged, "It's like having a friend, but cuter and less talkative." 

 

"Ouch." Sana huffed, and Chaeyoung spoke up. 

 

"I don't wanna sleep near the human." 

 

"Ouch!" Sana exclaimed louder, and Mina sighed. 

 

"I guess I'll take one for the team."

 

"Okay, now it feels like I'm being gained up on." Pouted the human, crossing her arms over her chest. 

 

"I'd love to sleep in the same room as Sana." Nayeon grinned as she sauntered from the window to the kitchen area to grab an apple off the counter and take a bite. 

 

"What?!" Jeongyeon exclaimed in distaste, whipping around to complain at her friend. "We always sleep in the same bed!" 

 

"Exactly." Nayeon shrugged, "We can go one night without it. Besides, I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable sleeping around Sana when I simply don't have an issue with it." She rationalized before walking past everyone, into one of the two rooms in the suit. "I hope you like to cuddle." She winked to Sana, who blushed as Nayeon closed the door behind her. 

 

"I'd rather have Mina rooming with me anyway." Tzuyu piped from the couch, earning strange looks from everyone in the room. "What?" 

 

"Are you guys like…" Dahyun asked, twirling her fingers around each other before holding two fingers up on both hands and putting them together to imitate a recognizable intimate act.

 

"No." Mina said simply, and Tzuyu corrected her. 

 

"She's my fiancé." 

 

Tzuyu noticed Chaeyoung's eyes flash with something just before Sana reacted. 

 

"I haven't seen you guys say a word to each other all day." The human pointed out, and Mina frowned, all too aware of that. 

 

"It was arranged." Mina explained, "My father wanted to marry me off to unite our covens. It would've been officiated yesterday if I didn't have to go watch him get killed." She narrowed her eyes at Jeongyeon, whose eyes were already filled with remorse. 

 

"I guess that leaves Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung out here with Momo and I then." Jihyo shrugged, and the two broody witches looked at each other pointedly. 

 

"I should probably see if Nayeon will take me home." Dahyun smiled, and Sana spoke up again. 

 

"You can stay with us if you want." She offered, and Dahyun giggled.

 

"Human rules don't apply to you guys, but they definitely apply to me. I'll be at the shop tomorrow though, so you guys can head over whenever you feel ready." She assured, saying her goodbyes before walking to the room Nayeon was in. 

 

"Whatever." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes before getting up and going out to the balcony to look out at the city below, bustling with life and glowing wondrously. 

 

She closed her eyes and let the cold autumn air kiss her cheeks, tuning out the souls calling for her in favor of remembering her girlfriend's face. 

 

Her smile, the way her entire face quirked up with her. The way her plump lips always felt soft against her own, they way her skin always felt cool to the touch, sending a shockwave of chills through her body even after living for so many centuries has made her feel numb. 

 

Her voice. Her laugh. The way her voice warmed her cold icy heart and made Chaeyoung feel more alive than she ever felt before her. The way she sang to her while she played with her hair. The way she said her name. 

 

And her nickname. 

 

And her other nickname. 

 

How she said 'I love you.' 

 

"Chaeng." She heard, and couldn't help but smile blissfully, willing herself to hear it again. "Chaeyoung." 

 

Yes. 

 

That voice.

 

"Chaeyoung-ah!" She shouted, and the necromancer gasped, opening her eyes to see the girl she so missed. 

 

"Jinsoul!" She sighed before wrapping her arms around her lover, who pulled away and took her face in her hands. 

 

"What happened? I felt your heart stop." She asked in concern, ann Chaeyoung's eyes closed.

 

"I had to save a friend from her untimely demise." She explained, "I'm okay though, I promise." 

 

"I missed you so much." Jinsoul sighed, pulling her girlfriend in to kiss her passionately, and Chaeyoung giggled. 

 

"It's only been a few hours." She reminded, and Jinsoul's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. 

 

"It's been three months for me." She stated, and Chaeyoung stepped back, overwhelmed by the implications of that. 

 

“Does that mean that this dimension and our dimension run at different time rates?” She asked, and her girlfriend shook her head and shrugged her shoulders before opening her arms to invite Chaeyoung back in, seemingly not content with being away from her beloved for even a second when it could be spent touching her.

 

“I think time moves at differet rates in every realm, because there were times where a day went by and felt like a month, and a month went by in a minute.” She explained, and Chaeyoung laid her head on the woman’s chest softly, eyes open as she tried to calm her racing mind. 

 

“Can’t we just go back home and go back to sleep?” Chaeyoung muttered, to which Jinsoul ran her fingers through her hair. 

 

“You can feel it too then.” She sighed, and Chaeyoung nodded aganst her beloved, hands running along the small of her back, revelling in the feeling of being against her for as long as time allows her. “I think this has gone on long enough, Chaeyoung.” She sighed, and the necromancer looked up, eyes laced with hurt. 

 

“W-what?” Her voice cracked, and Jinsoul’s face fell as she took Chaeyoung’s cheeks between her palms.

 

“Chaeng, I know that for you, it was today, but for me it was months ago. Since then, I’ve learned, and I’ve grown, and I realized that we’re both being selfish.” A tear ghosted down over Jinsoul’s cheek, and Chaeyoung shook her head frantically. 

 

“Don’t tell me you’re leaving, Jinsoul, please, I-” 

 

“I’m not.” She promised, shutting her girlfriend up. “I’m not, but I can’t let you hold onto this any longer, or else I think it might ruin us both in the end.”

 

“Please,” Chaeyoung whimpered, “please, I went so long without you, I-I can’t have you leave again.” 

 

“I made you a promise, Chaeng.” She smiled, wiping tears from Chaeyoung’s cheeks with her tears. “I’m not going anywhere right now, but know that eventually, I will have to let go, and I want you to be ready for that. I’ve already been here so much longer than I was supposed to, and we’ve been selfish for centuries.” She reminded, her lover’s cheek as she listened to Jinsoul’s reasoning as if she hadn’t played the same words over and over in her head every day for the last hundred years. “I have to go now. I’ve seen traces of Yerim, but in order to keep up, I have to keep moving.” She said regretfully, and Chaeyoung let out a sad sob. 

 

“Okay,” She sniffled, “I love you, Jinsoul.” 

 

“And I, you, Chaeyoung.” She smiled down at her love before connecting their lips, Chaeyoung holding her breath to savor it. “Until we meet again.” 

 

And before Chaeyoung could pull away or open her eyes, all that was left of Jinsoul’s lips were the remnants. 

 

The remnants, and the sob that broke free from Chaeyoung’s weak chest.

 

Chaeyoung swallowed it, wiped her tears, and turned to go back inside, only to run into Tzuyu, who looked like a deer in headlights. 

 

“What did you see?” She hissed, and Tzuyu held her hands up in the air in surrender. 

 

“Nothing.” She uttered, the truth in her eyes painful for Chaeyoung to witness before storming inside. 

 

… 

 

“I uh…” Nayeon trailed nervously as she moved the pillows around the bed to get comfortable on her side. “I overheard you talking to Dahyun about your parents.” She admitted nerously to the girl who was sitting in bed reading a book from Dahyuns shop when Nayeon had popped back in from orbing the little human home. 

 

“Oh,” She blushed, “how much of it?” 

 

“All of it, I think.” Naeyon turned to face Sana, who was propped against the bed frame, looking down at her. “How your parents found you in a park bin.” Her head rested in her hand, which was being held up by her elbow. 

 

“Yeah, well, I was lucky someone found me.” Sana assured as she closed her book and set it on the table beside the queen sized bed. 

 

“Do you ever wonder where your real parents are now?” Nayeon asked, making Sana grimace. 

 

“My dads are my real parents.” She corrected, “They raised me, they fed me, they made me who I am. I would never ask for anyone better.” 

 

“I’m sorry.” The witch frowned dejectedly, and Sana laid down and turned to her side so her head was against her pillow, compelling Nayeon to do the same, putting them at eye level with one another. 

 

“I do think about them though.” Sana revealed frowned, “How different my life would be if I grew up with human parents in Japan. If I’d have friends. A boyfriend or girlfriend.” A small smile crept up to her lips, “If I’d still be so obsessed with books if I was able to go out and see the real world instead.” 

 

“What stopped you from going out to see the real world before?” Nayeon asked in confusion. Surely she wasn’t some shut in. Surely she could freely go wherever she wanted. 

 

“When you’re the only creature in the world who doesn’t have powers to defend yourself, you’re kinda stuck where it’s safe.” She smiled sadly. “I used to be okay with experiencing the world from my bedroom, but once you’ve read so many books, you start wanting to make your own story.” 

 

Nayeon’s eyes were scanning Sana’s features in silence for a moment while the human begged Nayeon to make any indication that she understood, before growing embarrassed and laughing it off. 

 

“I don’t expect you to get it.” She chuckled before moving to turn off the light. When she laid back down, she was aware of her proximity with Nayeon, only due to the feeling of her breath against her chin. 

 

Once her eyes adjusted, she noticed the witch’s eyes flash to her lips, then her hand move through the dark to take Sana’s in hers. 

 

There it was again. 

 

That feeling coursed through Nayeon’s veins like electricity, a current spilling from the surface of her skin, inward to the very core of her being. It made the hairs on her neck stand on end, it made her breath fall fall short and her chest heave as though she’d run a marathon. 

 

Her lips trembled as she dug through her brain for something to say.

 

Anything to say. 

 

Until, finally, she found something among the abyss of racing thoughts. 

 

“Let me take you somewhere. Help you make your own story for once.”