Prologue

GERVAIS

The sound of the sirens goes off alarming the rest of our people to push harder to a fixed destination which could save our lives from being dead of boredom. Men running bewilderment trying to yell at their family to keep up and run faster while the women snapped their head to every direction, anxious swell within them.

 

Gunshots spreading like a wildfire consuming anything that stands in its way. The black cover stands straight despite our foolish actions, leaving the big round holey thing to illuminate the blood bath in our world. Even winds seem to not care anymore, already used to the mission we carried from many years ago.

 

The night was young yet every dead body littered the ground telling us that the war is very much everything but young. All men, women, children we killed until today were countless. Such a disgrace that I should not have proud of, but it is our primal goal. To my kind, the only purpose we have is to lay down our needs and put our mind solely to bring our nation into a better future. No matter how ridiculous or how slim our chances to made it through, our bodies are programmed to do anything as our leader wanted to.

 

A nerve-racking scream was heard from a little girl when she saw her dear ones being killed mercilessly by our people in front of her. She cries so hard not considering the bruise on her upper arm caused by the tight grip they had on her. Her lips quivering as she slumps down sobbing, tears pouring from every edge of her eyes. Her mid-length green dress was stained by blood, tainting the previous flawless one. The usual chanting of calling mom or dad when they're already dead rolling off of smoothly. If I still have feelings I have no doubt I’ll be busting my off to help her, killing my own comrades. But that would reward me a death sentence. So I learned how to conceal them, buried all unnecessary emotions so they cannot interfere with my job. And after decades of seeing the same images playing on repeat in my head I've succeeded.

 

She begged the guy with a gun kept close to his chest to spare her life and let her go. I scoffed. This is what I don’t understand about humans, they know what was going to happen but they kept begging others to help them hoping they could change destiny. Without any given thoughts, I move towards the little girl wanting so desperately to shut , but the moment her eyes met mine she smiled and let out a breath of relief. She must have thought I was going to save her. She slumps down and clutches my leg with both of her hands. My pants are getting dirty with blood and dirt that are stuck in her palm. And when my soldier saw this, the guy then pulls the little girl back harshly until she loses her grip on me. I pointed my gun towards the girl's head smirking when she cries even harder and pulls the trigger. Now completely stained with blood all over, the corpse falls down. Her head tilted to my direction making her open eyes gaze right to me.

 

I sighed loudly the moment her piercing cry stopped and I regain my peacefulness once again. The view around me was exactly the same, more people being murdered, and more people screaming on top of their lungs which kind of starting to tick me off. Glancing on our leader besides me, I can see he's enjoying this by the way he smirked so wide to reveal some of his teeth and the way his eyes shine so bright, amused and excited at the same time. He sways his hand up and suddenly fire flowing rapidly from his palm and into the houses upfront. Moving his hand slowly to the side, he burnt the entire neighborhood only in one minute.

 

A new wave of screaming reached my ears and I curse inwardly. I spin on my feet, getting ready to leave. Likewise, I wasn't needed here. They only used me when they're cornered and when they don't have another option. Or when our leader is on his edge and couldn't continue to lead the torture any longer.

 

"Luhan...” I stopped dead in my track, listening to the voice transmitted "...finish this.”. I nodded curtly before changing my intention and going back to our leader's side. Closing my eyes, I focused my power to track every living thing in our area. One by one I pictured bodies aside from my kind in my mind. One, five, twelve, twenty, forty-two. Forty-two humans left to be killed, this is not going to happen without earning me pain, a little but nonetheless a pain.

 

Facing the sky up, I take a breath and stretched out my hands' feelings their heads on my skin. My power flow from every fiber in my body making it a reality, I can now actually control them. Opening my eyes I can't see anything now except humans which I can control. This conjures every time I use my ability, my eyes will become full pitch black for others to see. Then with one move from my finger, I dislocated the bones in their head making it crushed and punctured the brains with their new shape bones, killing them in an instant.

 

Retreating my arms to my side, willing to put my ability back at the back of my mind, slowly my eyesight returned. Seeing my work had finished perfectly here as all the mortal dead, my leader put a hand on my shoulder like every time I did this, to him this is a gesture for complimenting me. Not everyone can-could touch him, and for him to place his hand willingly to take a hold of you, consider yourself as the second in charge of the team. Not that I'm happy with it.

 

"Our job is finished." Kris's loud voice informing the rest of his men. "There are no more of those disgusting mortal creatures!" He said causing yell of cheers booming the silent night. They all laughed heartlessly, beyond being humored and satisfied for slaughtering yet another whole village. The mission was done. There are no flaws in every move we make; no one can match Kris's army now that he has me following him like an obedient dog. He uses me well and also keeps me hidden from the world. He treats me differently than others convincing me that I belong with his team that this is the right path for me to take. But I can see through him, his behavior is only to make me obey him completely, he knows my power is much greater than him and he can't afford to let an astray dog ruled him, therefore, he kept me close in leash. Playing tricks with my head, so I came to a conclusion I can't survive without him. Poisoning me repeatedly had made him sure that he can control me, but he's far from right.

 

My partners suddenly surrounded me, checking if I'm hurt in any way. We're the main team Kris has in his army. I, Xiumin, Lay, Jongdae, and Zittao. Five of us hold a critical part of each attack. We have our own unique powers resulting in Kris winning all of the missions. To be able to own people with telekinesis, freezing, healing, stopping time and able to electrocute powers make him invisible to every enemy. And above all, we are basically owned by him, and according to our rule, we put Kris's order first. We are programmed to work together so we can achieve what he wanted. But of course, he makes sure it is I who came out alive first, so here they are sweeping part after part of me to see their orders succeeded as well.

 

"Do you want me to heal you?" Lay asked, honestly concerned about my well being. I shook my head for a reply, assuring him- them I'm alright.

 

"Oh please. Stop babying him, he's completely fine. He barely does anything but latch to Kris." Zittao snapped at him, jealousy clear on his face. He has a thing going on with Kris but despite how valuable Zittao to Kris, eventually I'm the one who takes the place beside him in the war. And it annoyed him to death. Jongdae grabs Zittao's arm tugging it back a little to restrain him from doing something stupid.

 

One last command from Kris was to leave and we all left the crime scene. Seeking a better fight.