Jisoo

Your Highness

I smiled while I'm sitting on my bed here in my room watching my servants packing my things. I am so happy and excited and I cannot hide the smile in my face after remembering how my father allowed me to join the mission.

 

Flashback

"Okay, I will let you go but in one condition," he uttered while seriously looking into my eyes.

 

I don't know what he's thinking but whatever condition it is I will surely do if that is the only way for me to escape my own dungeon for twenty-three years which is also known as our castle.

 

I stand up straight and I face the king as I wait for him to spill his condition.

 

"Kai will go with you"

 

My brows furrowed after hearing what he said. Kai is one of the most trusted royal councilors of my Father and he is also my suitor. Yes, the King let him court me because he owes him my life when he once rescued me from the people who tried to kidnap me.

 

The King might like him but I didn't. I don't like his aura and it makes me irritated whenever he's around coz he's too proud of himself.

 

Though I don't want to be around that Kai, I did not argue with the King anymore because I know how my father is. Whatever he wants, he gets and I don't want him to change his mind over it. This is a one time opportunity for me to explore so I won't let it go.

 

"Okay," I answered and do a courtsy.

 

End of Flashback

 

"Are you really sure about this Jendeuk?" my cousin Jisoo asked me.

 

I nod my head happily grinning like an idiot while talking to her.

 

"I am and I am very excited Jisoo"

 

"But it is too dangerous. We don't have any idea what kind of people they are"

 

I smiled at her.

 

"Don't worry about it Chu, I have done my research about the Philippines and it says nothing but good feedback," I said pointing on the laptop in front of me.

 

Jisoo walked towards me and sat beside me. She leaned closer to my laptop and I let her check on the forum about traveling in the Philippines and what to expect. So far, I read nothing but good comments in there that's why my desire to experience the place at hand became stronger.

 

I stood up and walk back and forth beside my bed and while she was reading on the laptop while quoting some of the comments I've read on the forum.

 

"They said Filipino people are the most hospitable in the world. That they are happy people, always smiling and entertaining. It also says there that it is safe to travel there" I said talking without a pause just to try to prove my point.

 

Jisoo nods her head without looking at me. She still reading the comments about the country.

 

"No need to elaborate everything Jendeuk. You proved your point. But my point is, I know what you're thinking" she uttered looking at me like I was caught on the act.

 

She looked at my servants before she talks.

 

"Can you please give us a minute? I need to talk some important matter with the princess"

 

The servants nod and bowed before us before they leave. Then she turned her gaze on me once the door of my room closed.

 

I know she's thinking that I will sneak out when we get there. Well, she's right actually but my plan on sneaking out became blurry when my Father insisted that Kai should go with me. I know he will keep an eye on me and it will be hard for me to escape. So, I will be needing help to make sure I will be able to do what I am planning to do.

 

But wait! Why wouldn't I ask Jisoo to be with me? I'm sure she will help me fulfill my plan.

 

I suddenly sat beside Jisoo and I looked at her grinning like a maniac right in front of her face.

 

She lifted her head up and her brows knitted, then she backed away and glared at me.

 

"No! I know what you're thinking and the answer is no your highness!" she uttered though I haven't spoken anything yet.

 

Aha! Playing hard to get huh! Let see. What the princess wants the princess gets!

 

She turned around and started walking to the door but I quickly stood up and run towards her. I spread my arms to blocked her from walking out then she was startled when I pulled her arm back to where we were earlier, to my bed.

 

I made her face me and I cupped both of her cheeks. I started pouting my lips and doing puppy eyes just to make her agree.

 

She stared at me for a moment but she's quick to redeem herself back. She pulled out from me and she walks to the other side of my bed.

 

"Please Chu! Please help me just this once" I said while following her wherever she goes.

 

She shook her head harshly and I gritted my teeth because she's being so hard to get.

 

"No. No. No Jennie Kim! You're just putting yourself and me in trouble, so, NO!"

 

She looks very firm with her decision so I guess I don't have any other choice but to use my last card against her.

 

I sat on my bed and I kept silent for a second. Jisoo stared at me maybe analyzing what I might be thinking right now.

 

I sighed deeply before I decided to talk.

 

"It's okay Chu. Whether you come with me or not I will still go and I will do it on my own. And you're right, I don't want to be a burden to you so if something bad happens to me along the way you wouldn't feel guilty to my Mother whom you promise to take care of me whatever happens. If something happens to me you can tell her it's all because of me being stubborn and she can't blame you coz you warned me, you're conscience is clear. But if something bad happens to me while doing my plan please tell my mother that we'll see ea----"

 

"OKAY STOP STOP! STOP WITH YOUR REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY NOW JENDEUK. I'LL GO WITH YOU!" she surrendered.

 

I knew it. I knew she will agree if I use my mother against her. Well, my mother took Jisoo in the orphanage when her parents died from the war. She is the daughter of the King's most trusted and one of the greatest generals of the kingdom. She's not my real cousin but we treated each other like one coz that's what my mother wants. So, after getting full custody, my mother became a mother to her. She gave her everything she has right now. She became one of the royalties because of her. She lived a comfortable life because of my mother and when my mother was dying she asked Jisoo's commitment to take care of me, to treat me like her own little sister, to be with me, to help me and protect me all the time. Jisoo promised her and I know Jisoo will never ever break that promise.

 

I smiled triumphantly when she agreed to come with me. Now my plan to lurk, explore, and experience to have a normal life for the meantime is clearer because I know Jisoo will be there to back me up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

How was it?