spectrum of hyo

Spectrum of Hyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With his ebony wardrobe door wide open, proudly exhibiting his clothing that resides in it, he began choosing the shirt that he wanted to wear that day. Fiddling through his wardrobe, his fingers gently brushed passed the hangers.

Black. Black. Black. Black. Black. Black. Black. White. Black.

Lifting the black long sleeve shirt that was isolated from the rest of its kind, a grin plastered his face as he was proud at how effortless it took him to sort them by colours. Another smile escaped his lips as he saw how this type of minimalism pleased him. The simplicity of the colour black pleased him. Besides, it’s the best colour to hide his bulging muscles from everyone in his everyday life. That was the reason why he was so comfortable with the colour black.

Being the most intensive colour in the entire world, it gave him a reassurance that the furniture was more durable and required lesser cleaning. Besides, he didn’t know why the other colours would exist when they are harder to maintain in comparison.

Putting on his black long sleeves, he settled down on his comfortable black leather sofa to watch Running Man episode. There were many reasons why he’d like to monitor the Running Man episodes. One of the reasons was that he wanted to watch his performance on the show to see what are the areas of improvement that he can take note of, to improve himself in the next filming, usually the following day. Two, it was fun to see what was aired and what wasn’t. It was especially fun for him to know who had betrayed him for that episode and who didn’t. And the last but the most important reason was that he would be able to catch the glimpse of scenes of a very special someone that he didn’t manage to catch when he was filming the show.

While waiting for the ‘Running Man’ episode to air, his mind wandered to the debate of his for the colour black that his friends had with him. It felt like the whole world felt concerned for him that his life was too achromatic, with the scale leading more towards the colour black. But Jong Kook felt otherwise, he felt sufficient with the colour he had established. Besides, the colour fit his personality flawlessly for he is a strong-willed and determined man.

Well, why does he have to colourise his house when he can see the majestic, multi-coloured bows of light every single day?

Was he such a lucky man to catch the rare sight of the Sun’s radiant rays hitting the raindrops on clear days? How often would the clouds decide to not gather together and overcrowd the sky? How often would the Sun below forty degrees for the spectrum of rainbow to be seen? How often would rainfall opposite the Sun?

The answers to the above questions are all, ‘Very Rarely’.

Then, was he suffering from some delusion that he can see a rainbow every day? Was he okay?

The rainbow that he meant was the wide array of the spectrum that radiated out of one particular person, who would never fail to make his day. And that very person is his girlfriend, Song Ji Hyo. The ace of Running Man, the queen of his heart.

With his eyes glued to the ‘Running Man’ episode that was airing at the moment, he associated the various sides of her that she portrayed in episode 493, which was filmed two weeks ago.

So, what are the colours of the spectrum of the rainbow?

 

 

Coming last in place in terms of speed as compared to the rest of the colours in the spectrum was violet. Often being confused with the colour purple, which combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red proportionally, violet exists as a pigment on its own.  More often than not, violet is more toned down towards the pigment of blue than loud towards the pigment of red on the colour scale.

Violet, a delicate colour that is closely associated with royalty, an obvious colour that emits a peaceful and tranquil quality, is one that was able to captivate others with its charismatic alluring energy. And that was the first trait that Jong Kook had associated with Ji Hyo when the episode just started.

The fact that Ji Hyo was spotted wearing a thick ultramarine hairband, caused an uproar amongst the Running Man members that they decided that Ji Hyo would walk in for the opening instead. Spontaneously, welcoming Ji Hyo’s new image of ‘Wall Ji Hyo’. It was a recent occurrence that she had shown her cavewoman personality on Running Man filming itself where she had established a wall from the rest of the world, entrapping her in her cave of not knowing the latest trends.

“And we have Cavewoman Ji Hyo who lives under a rock,” Jae Suk brought the attention to Ji Hyo who stood beside him, in the centre.

“She’s popular,” Se Chan chimed in.

“Yes, she’s really popular these days,” Jae Suk repeated.

While Jong Kook tried to be indifferent on-screen and crossed his arms in his black long sleeves while looked away.

“Me? Am I popular?” Ji Hyo asked as she gestured to herself.

“Don’t you go on the Internet?” Se Chan asked.

“Hasn’t anyone mentioned it to you?” Jae Suk asked.

Shaking her head, she said, “I had no idea.”

Jong Kook bit his lip tight, trying to bury the grin that was his face. There was no way, he’s going to let the cameras catch him smiling so widely on-screen. Well, ever since they are together, he had always been the one updating of news and daily trends. But recently, he’s more focus on the present by spending time with her than the matters that don’t concern them.

“She doesn’t even know it!” So Min laughed.

“She doesn’t know it either. I guess she does live under a rock,” Jae Suk summed up.

“Look at her outfit today,” Dong Hoon pointed out jokingly, “That’s what Kim Hye Soo used to wear in the drama, ‘One of a Pair’.”

“That’s not true,” Ji Hyo instantly denied.

“It sounds like she’s an old woman,” So Min remarked.

“That was a very old drama. I was going to say that, this was popular at ski resorts back in the nineties,” Jae Suk pointed out.

“That’s not true,” Ji Hyo denied yet again.

“Good, even her fashion is getting far from the trend,” Jae Suk said.

At that time, Jong Kook decided that he should laugh along as everyone else was doing so.

“Her wall is getting higher,” Se Chan commented.

“Ji Hyo, I like that,” Jae Suk complimented.

“It’s ‘newtro’, she lives under a rock,” Dong Hoon remarked as he clapped at Ji Hyo’s efforts.

“Ji Hyo, ‘newtro’?” Se Chan laughed.

“Good, I like her new character,” Jae Suk said while the rest of them tried to make their laughter die down.

While the others discussed amongst themselves on Ji Hyo’s new character, Jong Kook knew that it wasn’t anything novel. She had always been a ‘cavewoman’. When she learnt about the trend, the trend would have died already. But what if she’s lagging in trends? That didn’t matter to Jong Kook, he fell for her charismatic charms instead. Despite being labelled as a cavewoman to everyone else, Jong Kook felt that her charms were irresistible and that doesn’t stop his love for her it makes him love her more for her uniqueness. Was it because she’s his girlfriend that he loves so much? Maybe.

 

 

Next in line, following violet, in terms of the next slowest would be blue. The soothing colour of the sky, the calming colour of the sea and the wisdom of sapphire stones. All of these traits exhibited in the rich blue shows that it is a calm but confident colour. Due to its sacred resources of the semi-precious stone lapis lazuli to create ultramarine pigment, blue was an expensive colour. And Jong Kook could easily associate that in the trait that Ji Hyo portrayed once the first mission began.

The first mission was ‘Don’t laugh hide-and-seek’, where the two teams would take turns to have a makeover and hide within five minutes. Within the given time, the other team will have to find them without laughing. Once the game starts, the team of seekers would lose once they smile or cry. And the team which finds the most opposing members wins.

While waiting for the other team, Jong Kook’s team, to be ready, Ji Hyo’s team stood by the waiting area to discuss their strategies.

“We have only Ji Hyo to rely on,” Jae Suk remarked.

“We trust you,” Suk Jin added on and patted her shoulder.

The pressure that those words contained cause Ji Hyo to sigh.

Following Ji Hyo’s sigh, Suk Jin let out a peal of laughter that he was unable to contain.

“What’s wrong?” Jae Suk asked Suk Jin.

“Ji Hyo, that’s the first thing you said here,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter