epilogue

seems like we've been here before
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Greetings: Hey there, it's vitamin-blue back with the epilogue for SLWBHB. Here's the song list:

1. I Fall in Love by Ha Sung Woo

2. Spring by Ahn Hyo Seop & Z.HERA

3. Quiet Night by Hwang Chi Yeul

4. Eyes Locked, Hands Locked by Red Velvet

 

There isn't really a particular order of songs (except for the 4th one), but yeah, they'll capture the general mood of the epilogue, I suppose! No beta-reader for this one, because I wanted to surprise the bestie blk_prl with this one, so it'll be a fresh read for her! Enjoy the epilogue and see you on the other side!

 

 

This isn’t how she’d expected this to go. It’s only been slightly over a month into their relationship. Not to mention, they’d been laughing a lot this morning—from their balconies, to the car on their way to La Rouge, and even in the recording studio prior. So trust her when she says this—Joohyun hates to see that sad frown on Seungwan’s face. The blonde’s shoulders droop, her gaze falling to the cup in her hands.

 

 

The younger woman’s eyes refuse to meet hers.

 

 

“I can’t believe—” Seungwan sighs, the corner of her lips curling down as she tightens her hold on her cup, “How could I be such a fool…”

 

 

Look at me, Seungwannie… Joohyun reaches for the blonde’s hand.

 

 

Her fingers brush against Seungwan’s skin and she notices the younger woman’s body tense up at her touch. She retracts her hand. Her girlfriend must be really upset.

 

 

Although she still doesn’t understand why Seungwan looks so visibly affected by the topic at hand.

 

 

“It really isn’t that big of a deal, Seungwannie.”

 

 

“It is!” The blonde protests, finally meeting her eyes, “How could I not know you hate coffee? How could I force you to drink something that you don’t—”

 

 

“I don’t hate-hate coffee, Seungwannie,” the soloist replies, “Iced Americano has always been the go-to drink for most trainees. It’s cheap caffeine without the weight-increasing ingredients of sugar and milk. I’m not fond of it, but I’m used to the taste.”

 

 

“Still, it doesn’t mean you had to keep drinking something you don’t like just because I didn’t take the time to find out more about you!” Seungwan folds her arms and pouts, “I can’t forgive myself for not figuring this out sooner. I’m your girlfriend! I want to know what you like and don’t like, what makes you happy or unhappy…"

 

 

“Hey…” Joohyun coos softly as she determinedly takes hold of her girlfriend’s hand, “You got me my favourite flavour of doughnut, remember? And on your first try!”

 

 

“…It was a lucky guess.”

 

 

“I’d like to think, deep down…you knew,” the older woman rubs soothing circles on Seungwan’s skin, “Besides…we now have plenty of time to get to know each other slowly and properly. It’s okay to not know everything right from the start. And believe me when I say this, I wake up excited every morning because I’ll get to find out more new things about my girlfriend every day.”

 

 

Seungwan feels blood rush through her cheeks at the soloist’s words, her heart thumping loudly in her chest. She raises her cup to her lips and sips her coffee. She feels Joohyun’s soft gaze remain on her.

 

 

It’s unsettling, in a good way. She still has yet to get used to how effortlessly smooth her girlfriend is, but more than that, there’s so much sincerity in Joohyun’s eyes and voice. Being loved like that…it leaves Seungwan at a loss of words sometimes.

 

 

“Feeling better?” Joohyun raises a brow when she notices her girlfriend’s quietness.

 

 

Seungwan nods shyly.

 

 

The soloist smiles and pats her girlfriend’s hand, “Then we should head back to the studio soon.”

 

 

[A recording studio on the 6th floor of La Rouge Entertainment HQ, at approximately 11.15am]

Seungwan clicks on the big red button, “That was a very good take, Unnie. We’ll go for one more, just for safety.”

 

 

Joohyun flashes an “OK” sign at her from the recording booth. The blonde releases the button and swivels around in her chair to look at the other three occupants in the room, with the Blue Lemonade girls sitting on the couch, while Seulgi stares at her through her screen on her camera.

 

 

Sooyoung and Yerim perk up when they realise the COO’s attention is now on them.

 

 

“I’m sure you guys already know how this works, but feel free to ask me any questions,” Seungwan says, “I invited you here to learn since we’ll be pushing you to produce your own songs soon.”

 

 

“Don’t worry, Wendy-unnie, it’s not pushing if we want to do it,” Yerim grins, “That said, what’s the easiest way to work with takes?”

 

 

“Come,” Seungwan nods towards her screen, gesturing for them to come over, “I’ll show you.”

 

 

The pair scramble from their seats and head over. Seulgi follows suit, training her camera on the trio at the workstation. Sooyoung glances over her shoulder at the producer.

 

 

“Sorry, but I’ve been meaning to ask…” The oldest of the Blue Lemonade duo asks the blonde, “Is this for the behind-the-scenes of your song?”

 

 

“Seul’s producing for a new show, so she needs this for promotional content.”

 

 

Sooyoung’s eyes light up, “A new show?”

 

 

“Wani! That was supposed to be a secret!” Seulgi protests as she shuts the camera screen.

 

 

“Oh come on, Seul! They won’t tell a single soul,” Seungwan turns to the two girls with a pout, “Will you?”

 

 

The pair chuckle and shake their heads.

 

 

From the booth, Joohyun observes her girlfriend busy herself with explaining something on the screen to Sooyoung and Yerim. She loves the way the blonde passionately teaches the girls. Seulgi then appears to say something that riles her girlfriend up. She giggles to herself, only to notice the starry-eyed gazes from the Blue Lemonade girls directed at Seungwan.

 

 

At first, she feels a slight tinge of annoyance, only to remember the loving words her girlfriend had whispered to her over their balconies this morning. As though the blonde can sense what she’s thinking, Seungwan turns to look at her, flashing a bright smile. Joohyun melts.

 

 

She returns the smile and speaks into the mic, “Paging for Son Seungwan~ Are we going for that take soon?”

 

 

Seungwan presses down on the red button, “Son Seungwan here. Let’s go for that take. Over.”

 

 

She releases the button.

 

 

“Damn it! That was so terribly cringey and I didn’t get that on camera!” Seulgi whines as she switches her camera back on, “Can you guys do that again? Please?”

 

 

Seungwan chuckles and presses on the red button, “Bae Joohyun-ssi, Kang PD says she didn’t get that and wants us to do it again.”

 

 

“Yah, won’t it look staged, Kang PD?” Joohyun’s voice comes through the speakers.

 

 

This time, Seulgi presses the red button, “Just one more time!”

 

 

“Fine…”

 

 

Seulgi does a fist-pump. She holds up her camera and hits the record button. Sooyoung and Yeri turn to look at each other, the gears starting to shift in their heads.

 

 

Joohyun finally exits the booth as her girlfriend stands up from her seat, stretching.

 

 

Seungwan grins at the older woman, “I guess it’s my turn.”

 

 

The soloist nods and walks over to the workstation. She rests her hands on her girlfriend’s waist. Her touch startles Seungwan a little. Unaware that the eyes of every other occupant in the room are on her, Joohyun shifts the blonde away from the chair. She releases the woman’s waist and plants herself down on the chair. Seungwan stares at her, looking mildly flustered and offended.

 

 

The soloist scans the screen with a hum, “What are you waiting for? Go in.”

 

 

“I— Y-You…” The blonde stammers.

 

 

Without another word, the younger woman spins on her heels and escapes into the recording booth.

 

 

“Wow…” Yerim lets out a breath.

 

 

“Wow indeed,” Sooyoung follows.

 

 

Seulgi tries not to gag, wondering why she’d signed up to produce for the new program.

 

 

[20 minutes later]

“Wendy-unnie is way more amazing than I’d thought,” Sooyoung lets out a whistle as the blonde hits the high note effortlessly.

 

 

Again.

 

 

“She is, isn’t she,” Joohyun answers absentmindedly.

 

 

Sooyoung smirks and nudges her groupmate.

 

 

“Irene-unnie, why don’t you livestream a little of this session for your fans?” Yerim immediately chirps up, “Get them excited for the new song!”

 

 

Joohyun contemplates the suggestion seriously, “That…sounds like a good idea.”

 

 

As Seungwan’s third part comes to an end, the soloist presses the red button, “Seungwannie, can we livestream some of our recording sesh for my fans?”

 

 

“Sure,” Seungwan answers, “Whatever makes you happy.”

 

 

Joohyun smiles at her girlfriend’s words.

 

 

Are we competing to see who’s the cheesier one in the relationship now?

 

 

The soloist pulls up her phone and sets it up for the live. The Blue Lemonade pair quickly bring out their phones as well, grins plastered to their faces.

 

 

In 3…

 

 

2…

 

 

1…

 

 

Joohyun takes a deep breath and hits the button to go live. In mere seconds, thousands of fans stream in, bombarding the live chat with an endless stream of comments.

 

 

“Hey there! This is your number one sweetheart Irene and welcome to this surprise live!” Joohyun waves at her phone, “We’re currently recording the last song for my upcoming mini-album, which will be a collab with none other than…”

 

 

She switches the camera and holds it up to reveal her girlfriend in the booth, “Wendy!”

 

 

The blonde waves timidly at Joohyun’s phone. The soloist brings her phone back down and begins reading the comments.

 

 

baechu_luv:

OMG WENDY AS IN COO SON?

 

 

baechu_luv:

SHE CAN SING???

 

 

baechu_luv:

HOW IS ANYONE THIS PERFECT???

 

 

“Perfect?” Joohyun raises a brow, “Trust me, Wendy is far from perfect. She says she has no sleeping habits, but she sleep-talks nonsense. She insists she can’t do aegyo, yet she goes and whines about a lot of things. And oh, she’s terrified of insects.”

 

 

rabbitbitbit:

HFJSAKFHJK okay folks Irene Bae is best dating material and COO Son is best marriage material

 

 

rabbitbitbit:

⊂(♡⌂♡)⊃

 

 

“Hey! I can be marriage material too, okay!” The soloist narrows her eyes at her phone screen.

 

 

rabbitbitbit:

Either way we stay winnin’

 

 

baechu_luv:

IRENE KNOWS WENDY’S SLEEPING HABITS (۶ꈨຶꎁꈨຶ )۶ʸᵉᵃʰᵎ

 

 

baechu_luv:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

 

 

bunnyxbeats:

GIRLFRIENDS

 

 

mycabbages_96:

GAL-FWENS UWU ⤴︎ ε=ε=(ง ˃̶͈̀ᗨ˂̶͈́)۶ ⤴︎

 

 

bunnyxbeats:

There.

 

 

bunnyxbeats:

I said it.

 

 

mycabbages_96:

Not fair @bunnyxbeats! I was gonna say it first!

 

 

bunnyxbeats:

Blame your own fingers, slowpoke @mycabbages_96

 

 

Joohyun flushes at the comments and clears , “After that incident, I stayed with Wendy for a while as her caretaker. So yes, that’s how I know her sleeping habits.”

 

 

Yerim discreetly glances up from her screen to study the older woman’s expression. Joohyun looks a little flustered. She smirks as her eyes return to her screen. She types.

 

 

bunnyxbeats:

FDAHJKFLADH IRENE-UNNIE YOU AIN’T SLICK(๑✧∀✧๑)

 

 

lilacsky:

Irene-unnie, does that mean Wendy will be at the promotional fan-meet for this new mini-album?

 

 

Joohyun thanks the heavens for Chaeyoung. Good, sweet kid Chaeyoung who asks the best questions.

 

 

“That’s a really good question,” the soloist hums, “She’s been pretty busy lately, but I’m sure she would love to be there. She’s a huge fan of your work, Chaeyoung-ah. Now, she’s always the first to text me about your photos the moment you release them.”

 

 

lilacsky:

OMG OMG OMG

 

 

lilacsky:

WENDY LIKES MY PHOTOS???

 

 

purple_winter:

WOW @lilacsky you’re acknowledged by BOTH Irene and Wendy. Congrats!! You have now achieved god-tier as a fan!!!

 

 

purple_winter:

Please remember me when you finally get to dine at WenRene’s table

 

 

lilacsky:

Brb gonna go cry in a corner TT

 

 

lilacsky:

@purple_winter JEONGYEON-UNNIE STOP YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME

 

 

It’s at this time that Joohyun remembers she hasn’t introduced the rest.

 

 

“Oh!” She picks up her phone again and pans it around, “I forgot to tell you the Blue Lemonade kids are here!”

 

 

Sooyoung and Yerim hide their phones and wave.

 

 

“And next… We have Wendy’s best friend, Seulgi!” Joohyun’s phone camera lands on the producer, “She’s helping us film some stuff!”

 

 

Seulgi looks up from her own camera and flashes a peace sign at the soloist. Joohyun places her phone back on the desk and continues reading through the comments.

 

 

jisungisalive:

Isn’t that Kang PD

 

 

jisungisalive:

Th

Please log in to read the full chapter