FINAL

Makes me wonder

“Wake up.”

Opening his eyes with a faint stretch, Kyuhyun woke up at the sound of Sungmin’s voice urging him to hurry up and get dressed. He lazily got up, threw himself again at bed, and faced the wall opposite of Sungmin. “I don’t wanna go with you.”

“Come on Kyu, this is our date!” Sungmin said and Kyuhyun, hearing it finally stood up and marched straight to the bathroom at the corner of the room, not even sparing a glance at Sungmin.

Sungmin feels bothered on why he is acting like this. They have been setting this up since last week, and he agreed anyway. Maybe he just had a bad night, he thought. He also thought that he is more than willing to do it with him. Maybe he thought wrong.

Kyuhyun got out of the bathroom with only a piece of towel covering his lower part. There isn’t much to do so Sungmin decided to cook while waiting for him to finish dressing up. This has been there routine for months now. It is only today that he is being excessively grumpy, well he always has been grumpy about it and he wonders why. Does he not like being with him?

Sungmin understands it most, but Kyuhyun is usually just obedient with others. Extra obedient on him. But is also extra irritated when he asks him favor. It isn’t always like it, but some of his requests seems like something Kyuhyun is going to reject. He is mad at him about it. Is he not special enough? He will tell this to Kyuhyun, and defeated, Kyuhyun will do what it is reluctantly.

“Min, are you cooking? You still have to buy me dango for this alright?”

“Sure but please don’t be like this. We can just cancel it if you want.”

“Min—“

“I understand, maybe I’m bothering you too much,” Sungmin said while serving the food at Kyuhyun who is now seated at the table.

“No, I’m doing it of course. I’m sorry, just being moody.”

“Why?” Sungmin asked as to why he is acting like that in case there is something to be worried about.

“Monthly period.”

“Are you fcking serious.” Sungmin asked and Kyuhyun laughed at him while spooning a pancake and stuffing it to Sungmin’s mouth.

“Wanna see for yourself?” He then grabbed Sungmin by the neck and acted like he is going to strip. Sungmin on the other hand, smacked him and cornered Kyuhyun at the table making it look like he is nearly sitting to it. They stopped and he can see Kyuhyun’s red cheeks. Maybe he is exhausted already, he thought and let go of him. “Should we now go?”

“Yes, I think so.”

They arrived at an amusement park, and before Sungmin can even go to where he intends to go, Kyuhyun dragged him in a ride. “Let’s have fun first!”

They were lining up on a certain ride, Kyuhyun at his back holding both their bags. He is always like this, carrying Sungmin’s bag, holding an umbrella for them when it’s too hot or raining, making sure Sungmin is always first, but he is just so unpleasant sometimes. It is confusing. Sungmin doesn’t know what he wants.

“Come on bunny hop in first.”

“Shut up. Don’t forget why we are here.”

“I won’t okay, let’s ride this first.” They rode every attraction in the amusement park, Sungmin enjoyed it, and he is sure as hell Kyuhyun did too.

He wanted that stuff toy so badly. Kyuhyun is very good at shooting, so he asked him to get it for him today and although he almost refused but complied anyway.

“Hey Kyuhyun, let’s get that stuff toy.”

“Do I really have to do it for you?” Kyuhyun snorted and rolled his eyes at Sungmin.

“Please? I know you can’t resist me.”

“Fine. You are annoying.” Kyuhyun said as he rushed heading to the booth. The game is simple. You will just have to knock the farthest bottle using a pellet gun and you can get the prize. He aimed at it well and at his third try he got it. It was a dookong. “You can now have it.”

“Thanks Kyu-kyu you’re the best! I can finally give it to him.”

“Whatever. Who will like that anyway?” Kyuhyun said as he turned his back at Sungmin. Now, Sungmin is irritated, he stomped his way to Kyuhyun ready to throw anything he is holding at him. He doesn’t understand it, one minute he’s all okay and light then he’s suddenly throwing tantrums. It is pushing him on his limit. “What the hell is your problem?”

“Ugh. You still don’t get it.”

“Then tell me!”

“Why do you bother on someone who doesn’t care about you?” Kyuhyun threw the dookong he is holding but not on him, he can’t afford to do it on Sungmin. Sungmin placed a shoulder on Kyuhyun trying to stop him but he continued walking away from him. Until he stopped.

“Do you think there are other guys who will like you besides me?” Kyuhyun said and Sungmin was left amused. He didn’t stopped bugging him though.

“What do you mean?”

“Damn. I like you.”

“Kyu, it’s not time for jokes.”

“I’m serious. Why would you make me get that crap for you to give it to him?” Kyuhyun said. It made everything clear for him. Kyuhyun’s gentleness with him, the way he makes him warm, why he always asks about him, and his grumpiness. He doesn’t want Sungmin liking someone other than him.

“Please don’t love if it is not me.”

“Kyuhyun what are you saying—“

“Whatever Sungmin, who am I to say that anyway. I’m just your best friend.”

With that, he left Sungmin with a dookong on hand and confused, stirred feelings.