Chapter Six

Cruel Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

 

 

“Good morning,”

Taeyeon groggily greets her sisters, the two are already eating their breakfast when she came down. She went to Yerim first as she was the nearest and gave the top of her a head a kiss before turning to Joohyun to give her the same.

“Good morning, unnie. We didn’t wake you up because we know you just had an operation…”

Joohyun told her looking worried again.

“I should sleep but I smelled what you’re cooking and my stomach screamed at me,”

Taeyeon gave her sister a small smile and when she turned her attention back to her plate, it was already full with foods.

“Thank you Katie,”

“You’re welcome, unnie.”

She saw their youngest smiling sweetly at her and Taeyeon knew exactly what will happen next.

“Unnie~~~”

“Stop that! Just tell me what you want!”

“Unnie, it just that… Krystal unnie and her friends are going to celebrate their thesis approval and they’re going to throw a party—“

“No.”

“Unnie! Let me finish!”

“Still no,”

“They will hold it at Jessica and Krystal unnie’s place! It will be safe! Only her classmate and some close friends will be invited! It’s just few classmates and friends, it’s not even gonna be over 30 people!”

Taeyeon gasps, what is her little sister talking about? 30 people are just few?

“What?!”

“Joy is also invited because she’s a close friend of Krystal unnie’s group mate, please unnie… this is the first time Krystal unnie invited me to a college party because she said it will be fun and safe if I’ll be with her… and Joy will be there too!”

Taeyeon let out a slightly defeated sigh,

“How safe? Who are the students that Krystal invited to her party?”

She saw Yerim smiled in victory and Taeyeon saw how Joohyun wanted to hit her.

“Krystal unnie will invite her friends, then few close classmates then also fellow graduating students from another college, mmm I think from engineering something. Amber unnie even added that they’re all top rank graduating students. It’s gonna be like a geek get together party.”

Yerim chuckles.

“Because the guests are freaking smart, so don’t you think it’s a very safe party?”

“Fine, I’ll give you permission. But I hope you’ll know your limit since I know that there will still be alcohol in that party whether I like it or not.”

“Of course unnie, I know my limit! I’m actually gonna be partially Joy’s body guard because that stupid best friend of mine is always unpredictable! So, I have to keep her on a leash!”

Taeyeon shakes her head in amusement.

“Fine. Just remember how much we trust you that’s why we’re letting you.”

“Thank you unnie! Joohyun unnie, I love you!”

“Tsk…”

“I gotta go now, I have a meeting with my boss and the prosecution office.”

“Oh?! Want me to drive you to work?”

“Nah, thanks for the offer but what I want is for you to rest before going back to the hospital later.”

Taeyeon smiled and watched Joohyun get ready to leave.

“Irene unnie, can you drop me off at the bus station?!”

“You’re leaving now?”

“Yeah! I’m going to fetch Joy. We’re going to the library for a little research!”

“Oh, okay. Be careful!”

“Bye unnie, see you later!”

“Let’s go kiddo. Bye unnie.”

“Bye, drive carefully.”

Taeyeon walked her sisters up to their garage and watched them until their car was far enough. Taeyeon decided to clean the dishes they used before she get ready for work. She was in the middle of cleansing the dishes when she heard a message notification from her cellphone.

She hurriedly wiped her hands dry in thought that it might me an important message only freeze up when she saw the same email address from last week.

She really doesn’t want to check what the email was about but couldn’t help it. She closed one eye and blindly pressed the email.

And her eyes and brain worked together in instinct and started reading the lengthy message. Taeyeon released a deep breath that she didn’t realized that she was holding while she was reading, her lungs almost feel achy that it made her stomach churn in a very unpleasant way.

‘So they are already notified and agreed to meet. They want to meet with him. To what? To forgive him? Or to ask him why he’s still alive and all healthy after all these years when their parents are now ashes in a jar.’

Taeyeon tig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter