• Yangyang x You/OC

• nct one-shot scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: One Summer Night
Characters: Yangyang x You/OC
Genre: slice-of-life
Word count: 2.7K+

“Xiao Yaaaaang!” Yangyang immediately distanced his phone from his ear at the sudden outburst by his correspondent. At the same time, he blamed himself for going deaf for a few seconds since she would always do that.

“It’s 4 in the morning here Summer, how many times did I tell you to check the time before calling.” Yangyang sighed as he could hear Summer pout at the other end of the line. “What is it this time?”

“Well I had great news, but judging by how grumpy you are, I’ll just call later.”

“Stop being a baby, I am up now, what’s up?” Yangyang sat on his bed, trying not to be too noisy since his housemate, Ten, was probably still sound asleep.

“I thought that you would be more excited than that to hear that your dear best friend is coming back to Korea for a month but figures, I should have called Ten-Oppa first.”

“Are you for real? When are you getting here?” Now Yangyang could not contain his excitement and was already as loud as he could be, not caring about Ten’s beauty sleep.

“I’ll be there tonight, so you better clean up the mess that is your room.” And without another word, Summer hung up in his face with a giggle to seal it all.

Just on cue, Ten barged in Yangyang’s room, hair all over the place and clearly not amused. However, before Ten could even nag about this situation, Yangyang said:

“She’ll be back tonight, for a month.”

“A month, that's it? Oh my… get the water boiling, first coffee then cleaning. Get your ready Yangyang. I won’t take Summer’s nagging about how messy this apartment is again.”

Yangyang sighed and went to freshen up with a meaningful smile to his face. ‘Today is going to be a long day’ he thought, ‘but a good one.’

 

 

Initially, YangYang and Summer met in Germany. Both being born in Taiwan and having the same age, they naturally bonded. Best friends seemed to be their destiny as coincidentally, they both dreamed about going to Korea one day. Yangyang wanted to live there and open his own dance studio. While Summer was more of a travel person, she could see herself living in Korea, but not for long at all. She wanted to have the option to live in Korea one day, Taiwan the next and why not Thailand or Japan the following month. Being a travel blogger only boosted her dream to achieve such opportunities. They both got to Korea at the same time and spent a solid 6 months together before meeting Ten. Ten and Yangyang bonded over their dancing ambitions and soon became partners in crime and business. Henceforth, they rented an apartment all three of them. Summer would be there only around 6 months out of a year but it had been like that for the past two years and the boys were used to this lifestyle. Rent was not that big of an issue since Summer would still send her share while being away, despite the guys insisting that it was not necessary.

The only issue per say would be Yangyang missing her like crazy but he was comforted by the fact that she missed him just as much.

 

The clock was dangerously ticking. Yangyang was restless, waiting for his best friend to barge through the front door at any time now. Ten and himself, had spent the whole day cleaning the apartment’s every corner, also making sure that Summer’s room was still untouched but squeaky clean. The last time she was in Korea was around 3 months prior. Summer did mention that she would be in the country for only a month this time, which means that she most probably had a new project in mind and only needed to rest before embarking on a new travel journey.

“Staring at the door won’t make her come any faster Yangyang.” Ten teased his younger counterpart knowingly with a smirk. He might have known them for only a little over 2 years but Ten was much more perceptive than he let on.

“Yeah but she should already be here by now. I don’t understand why she doesn’t allow us to pick her up every time.”

“Oh come on, you know well enough that it’s because she needs to enjoy Korea’s polluted air on her own first before being spoiled by our manly aura.” Ten teased once again which caused Yangyang to laugh his heart out. Both men ended up laughing a little more, maybe nervously since both were expecting the door to barge open at any second now.

“I see that you guys have been getting much fun while I was away.” Summer was at the door, her suitcase next to the door, duffle bag over her shoulder and a plastic in her hand.

Both men simply stared at her for a few seconds.

“Wow okay, I didn’t expect such a greet-“

As if on cue, both men screamed to the top of their lungs: “Summer!”

They both took her into a bear hug and she could only chuckle. “Glad to see you both too.” She pinched both of their stomachs before, rolling her suitcase to Yangyang’s feet, shifting her bag to his shoulder as well. “Quick I bought some spicy rice-cakes on my way over, I’m starving.”

Immediately, Yangyang sauntered to her room to drop her bags while Ten grabbed the take out and took it to the kitchen. Summer looked at the apartment and smiled tightly. ‘This feels like home,’ she thought with nostalgia.

 

 

The first weeks went by normally. Yangyang and Ten followed their work schedule closely while Summer was out and about around the city, taking pictures and visiting her favourite snack-joints. At night, all three of them would gather around in the living room and have dinner together round the coffee table in front of some re-running shows of Knowing Brothers or Running Man.

It is only during the third week of her stay that Yangyang had a day off from work. He proposed to take Summer out for the day but she miraculously wanted to stay in that day.

Yangyang was woken up by the delicious smell of newly baked pancakes. Looking at his bedside alarm clock, it was already 9 a.m which meant that Ten was already off to the dance studio. After freshening up, he got his lazy self to the kitchen and gave Summer a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter