Chapter 8

i like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fidgeting with your fingers. Oh god... It was around 8pm when they announced another game after everyone took their baths. You received the instruction as the class monitor and received some paper hearts. They said numbers were written in the paper hearts. 

As darkness engulfed, you felt a little scared. They said they were allowing everyone to enter the forest near the mountain. And there would be missions that you had to complete. You distributed the paper hearts to your classmates, still feeling a little shy towards Jaehyun. Your eyes never met him when you handed the green-coloured one to him. 

"Okay. Have you gotten the paper hearts?" as the students chorused yes, the president of the student council continued, "Number 1 will be with number 3 while number 2 will be with number 4. You will complete mission as a team although you will be splited into two groups. You will be collecting flags, anywhere in the woods. Time given is only an hour. The fastest group wins"

"How many flags do we need to collect?" a student from the back asked.

"Only 6 flags per team. Meaning you only collect the flags according to the colour of the ribbon I've distributed earlier today"

Your team's ribbon was greenu so you just needed to collect green flags. You opened your paper heart slowly. It showed 2. Your eyes averted towards your team members. Johnny was holding 1, Jaehyun was holding 3 and Minryu was holding 4. Automatically you would be with Minryu, exploring the jungle together. 

 

While waiting for another instruction, at the corner of your eyes, you saw Minryu exchanged the paper heart with Jaehyun. You turned slightly to face them when Minryu walked to your side.

"It's safer to have a guy with you." she said as you cocked your head upwards to reach her level. "I heard from seniors last year that they have wild boar and tiger appeared at night. So it's safer to be with Jaehyun" she commented as your eyes widened in surprise. Are you for real? You swallowed hard.

 

 

​​​​​​One by one, the pairs went into the forest once a student from the student council blew the whistle. You parted ways with Johnny and Minryu after promising to collect 3 flags each. You trailed behind Jaehyun once both of you started to follow a path that allow you both to go straight into the forest. Looking to the side, right and left every minute, fearing some animals might came out of nowhere and eat you on the spot. You had to admit you were a scaredy-cat thanks to your trauma, having two mischievous brothers who scare the hell out of you just to please themselves when you were a kid. It was not helping as you could feel some pairs of eyes eyeing you in the dark. You bumped into Jaehyun's back. You muttered 'sorry', not looking at him, too busy scanning the forest. 

"Meari-ssi" he turned around to face you. "Do you want to hold hands with me?" he asked while reaching out his hand for you. Your eyes averted towards his hand, hesitating. Then you tilted your head up to look at him. You tried hard to breathe steadily, looking up at him sure made butterflies fluttered in your stomach. You started to blushed, hoping the darkness in the woods would not show to him how red your cheeks were. From here, you could see how tall he was, your height only reached his chest. You could feel your heart started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter