We are only humans, floating on a rock

love in the dark

Friday, 7:55 AM

Early morning, sunlight filtering through the curtains, silk sheets, musk centers, tangled limbs, clothes on the floor, grey walls

Int. Ellie and Junmyeon

 

Ellie was admiring Junmyeon’s face, she can’t help but feel a stirring in the bottom of her stomach. She recalls last night’s events. Sloppy kisses, marks of declarations of ownership, and whimpers of “I love your body” and “No one can do this to me but you”-

 

Junmyeon: You’re staring

Ellie: How can I not? I got to wake up the world’s handsomest boy

Junmyeon: I should be the one staring, I get to sleep with and wake up to the world’s prettiest girl

Ellie smiles and admires the wonderful smile and freshed face of Junmyeon. This was hers: his kind smile, soft giggles and soft touches. It all feels like a dream, a dream she would never wake up from. 

Junmyeon: What are you smiling about? 

Ellie: Not much… I think I could just lay here for hours with you. 

Junmyeon: (as a kiss is pressed on her forehead) I could too, but it’s 8:03…

    That’s where Ellie remembers what her reality is: Junmyeon could never fully be her’s. As often as she frequents his bed, his thoughts and his heart, she knows she will never have a permanent spot. Because, in Junmyeon’s mind, those are all his and no one can have that space. She laments about his three rules:

  1. If it takes place in four walls, it stays in those four walls.
  2. We do not exist between the hours of 8:30 AM and 8:30 PM.
  3. This is temporary. 

Junmyeon was everything that someone could want. His dad is the mayor of the province, his mother was a devout catholic, his grandfather is a eucharistic minister and he was the perfect son in their eyes. He went to church every Sunday, captain of every sports team he tried out for, top student, kind to every soul he comes across, and does the charity work he needs to: he is perfect. However, as perfect as Junmeyon truly is, he refuses to let his heart settle. He believes everyone is temporary, that no one truly has the intention of staying and being loyal. He’s seen his father go to his office to have his meeting with his secretary, but leave with red lipstick on his neck. He’s seen his mother swallow pills and turn a blind eye. In these four walls, you get to see the wounded Junmyeon, the one that hates having to be perfect for someone else’s sake, a liar. However, that was just it: only in these four walls. Beyond these walls, she’s knew she was just mere face in the crowd. Despite every late night talk, every proclamation that her are perfection, and intimate night: this was temporary. 

 

Ellie: (Sits up and begins to gather her clothes from the floor) You’re right, I wouldn’t want you to get caught or anything. 

Junmyeon: Babe, you know how it is…

Ellie: Yeah, I know how it is. The rules…

Junmyeon: (presses a kiss into her shoulder) I’ll text you, okay? I’ll see you at the game, okay? 

Ellie: (internally: do you even recognize me beyond  these four walls) I’ll cheer you on. 

Junmyeon: Good, I better see you in the stands at 7.

 

Fin.