Right Behind You [Woollimz/Rumor Unit]

Felicity

Being the oldest in the group, Eunbi always took it upon herself to make sure the girls are alright. Even if it made her forget to take care of herself.

 

She knows this though. She knows the 11 kids are worried with her not putting herself first, but she can’t help it. She kinda got used to it.

 

But that doesn’t mean she does everything alone. Nope. She knows she can always rely on all of her kids, but there are four of them that refuses to leave her alone.

 

“Eunbi-unnie!” The said girl turned to the door of her studio and saw a human duck, better known as Yena. Eunbi was just about to reply when Yena was pushed into her studio and emerged Chaeyeon, Chaewon and Minjoo.

 

“Why are you four still here? Its already late.” And it was, Eunbi checked her phone and saw it was already nearing 11 in the evening.

 

“We should be the ones asking you that, unnie.” Everyone agreed with the youngest and just looked at the oldest.

 

“I’m still not done with the song I’m working on.” 

 

“Unnie, you always tell to stop overworking myself but you don’t even follow it.” Chaeyeon was pouting while setting up the table. The girls bought food before coming to the studio because they’re sure Eunbi hasn’t eaten yet.

 

Eunbi was going to deny the food offered to her but she saw Minjoo was the one handing it to her. The youngest had a rule to stop eating once the sun sets because of her diet (where they all believe she doesn’t need) and she’s breaking it to make sure the oldest eats with them.

 

“Unnie, just take it. You won’t ever finish that song if you die from fatigue you know.” Chaewon always had a way with her words. She may be blunt but everything she says has a point. 

 

She’s also the one that can talk to Eunbi like that.

 

The five of them spent the rest of their time eating and talking and didn’t notice time passing by.

 

-

 

“Oh! Its already past 1!” Chaeyeon told the other girls when she checked her phone finding a message from Hitomi asking where she is.

 

“We should head back, unnie just finish it this afternoon. You need rest too.” Eunbi wanted to argue but she was also really tired so she didn’t put up a fight with Yena and decided to pack up for the day.

 

The five of them were walking through the walk path to their dorm still talking with each other.

 

They found, no matter how much time they spend with each other, they never encountered a time where they have nothing to talk about. The girls passed the playground near their apartment and Yena and Chaeyeon immediately ran towards the swing.

 

“We’re supposed to be heading home! Unnies!” Chaewon and Minjoo chastised the two older girls but the two refused to listen and stayed playing at the swings.

 

Eunbi couldn’t help but laugh at the four because the roles reversed again. Chaeyeon and Yena were older but, at this moment, Chaewon and Minjoo were the mature ones.

 

They also knew the girls in dorm 1 are cowards and need Chaeyeon home as soon as possible.

 

Eunbi stayed back and sat at the bottom of the slide and just watched the four kids. She always felt sorry to them, at their age they deserve to have all the time at their hands and have fun and have normal experiences.

 

She wished she can shelter them but she knows she can’t do that.

 

Somehow, along the way, Yena and Chaeyeon convinced Minjoo to push their swings for a while and they promised to head back after a few minutes of playing.

 

Chaewon shook her head and just went to sit with Eunbi.

 

“Those two I swear. How can they be older than me?” Eunbi just laughed at the younger girl and watched the youngest try and satisfy her unnies.

 

“You deserve to take a break too you know?”

 

Eunbi looked at Chaewon in surprise only to see her staring at the three, “I know you feel responsible with all of us, but I hope you know its okay to rest and let us take over for a while.”

 

“I remember you scolding Minjoo for an interview she did. Where she said she can’t stop walking because the world won’t stop with her. But here you are, you refuse to even be dragged out of your studio.”

 

Eunbi looked away from the younger girl and looked at the youngest, “that’s because Minjoo is too young to have her hopes crushed like how it is.”

 

“No one is too young, too old or just right to have their hopes crushed. No one is too young or too old to rest. And most importantly, no one is too young or too old to rely on someone else.

 

“I’m glad you’re starting to rely on the four of us more, even if you don’t notice it. But always remember you have 11 younger sisters right behind you.”

 

Chaewon looked at Eunbi for the first time since they started their talk and gave her a small smile, “no matter what happens, you’ll never be alone unnie. Remember than.”

 

-

Fansign Fanacc

Who helps you out the most?

EB: Yena, Chaeyeon, Chaewon and Minjoo

 

Soooooo,,, yeah. I really wanted to write this one because, romantic ships aside, what I REALLY love about ships in iz*one is their friendships. Each is unique and has their own charms.

 

Like how Chaewon bawled her eyes out thanking Eunbi during her speech at their concert. This fic was originally supposed to be a woollimz fic (which it kinda still is) but I wanted to focus on the relationship between this unit.

 

This is because, EB YN CW MJ always posted about their night outs on PM and recently CY posted about the five of them and their dinner date at a fancy restaurant (i still think EB got drunk there because of that one PM) anyway!

 

This note is getting long and I’ll wrap it up. I hope you enjoyed this one! Because I certainly enjoyed writing it. As always, please leave feedback down below and if you have requests like ships and prompts, leave them below too or send me a message. I’ll see you at the next story, ppyong!