Make-Up Show

Ransomed Fiancée

Tzuyu came to the elevator and pushed the green button on the extruding control panel. The elevator's gear kicked in and she waited patiently. A file on his hand while the other busied her phone, texting with the girl she was currently courting. With a ding, the elevator reached the second highest floor, after the Chairman office on floor 88. She slip her phone inside her pocket and walked out through the hallway and top executives office then finally, the Executive Director.

 

She walked in, expecting Mina to greet her yet the Personal Assitant's table was empty, no sign of it being occupied and left behind. Her brow arced, 'she's absence? there is no way Chaeyoung would let this slide. Hope she'll be fine when she return' She thought, sighing. Stroding past the table she knocked the black wooden door, then walked inside "Mate, I need your approval for the----?" Her words halted when there was no sight of her best friend either. The table was clean and there was no coat hung on the hook rack. She was left perplexed, no matter how a philander Chaeyoung was, she always prioritized work above anything else. Even if she couldn't come to office, she would surely inform Tzuyu or/and Jihyo although it was rarely happened.

 

Her eyes squinted, sensing the abnormality in this situation, especially when both of them were absence. Thinking back, Mina had always been the most hardworking out of all workers- her picture was displayed on the board for perfect attendance every year. Never missed even a single day. Weirded out, she entered the lift again and went a floor higher. She walked to the Chairman's office, intending to meet his Secretary. They exchanged brief greeting before she jumped to her questions, "Jihyo-sii, Chae doesn't come to her office today. And Ms Myoui is nowhere to be seen. Do you know anything?"

 

Jihyo heaved a sigh and shook her head, "I've tried to contact Ms Son, yet she didn't answer and for Miss Myoui, she doesn't have a phone. The Chairman was quite furious earlier in the meeting when Ms Son wasn't present. I'm about to meet you and ask about it"

 

Tzuyu nodded, digging her phone out and called the latter yet she had the same result as Jihyo, "She's not answering" she mumbled.

 

"We need to find her. She has to attend the make-up show today in the evening. The project is under her care" Jihyo stated, worried line visible on her forehead as she glanced the time. 11:25 a.m.

 

"It's okay, there must be a way we can find her." Tzuyu assured the secretary. "Hmm, because she is so particular unless it's her own bed she has to sleep in a five-star hotel."

 

"That's true" Jihyo agreed and quickly went over her laptop and contacted the hotels while Tzuyu was silently watching. After a while, Jihyo facepalmed and sigh."Ms Son's name isn't on any guest list at any of the hotels in the city"

 

Tzuyu hummed, "Then, go check the restaurant"

 

"Restaurant?"

 

"You know how peculiar she is, right. She doesn't eat if it's not prepared by his own staff, or made by top chef" After her statement, Jihyo did another search and reached out to the well-known and elite restaurants in the city, yet to no avail she couldn't find anything.

 

They fell into silence, thinking of possible place Chaeyoung might have been until suddenly a random thought crossed Tzuyu's brilliant mind. "Oh, wait. What if they are together? Like Chaeyoung staying in Mina's apartment." Her eyes instantly sparkled in excitement just by considering the probability of her assumption. Jihyo only frowned and seemed to be thinking. A chuckle escaped Tzuyu's mouth as she added, "Imagine there was suddenly a power cut and she was being an embarrassing scaredy-cat"

 

Indeed, Chaeyoung's fear of dark and dogs originally only known by her two best friend but Jihyo soon found out when she encountered Chaeyoung in one of her panic episodes, that was when Tzuyu told her the truth. It was also the day Jihyo had inserted herself to the circle of friendship. Though she still treated them with formality and vice versa, except outside work time. They did make fun of Chaeyoung's fear, of course behind the latter's back and only meant it as a joke, knowing the limitations of their approach towards the matter.

 

Jihyo who wasn't the jokers/sarcartic type unlike Tzuyu wanted to scold her but this time, she somehow when with the flow. "Imagine if Mina have pet dogs" She giggled, trying to suppress it. With that, Tzuyu broke into huge and continuous laughter, one hand clutched her stomach.

 

"That would be a million-dollar worth scene to watch"





 

*  *  *  *

Chaeyoung
 

 

I awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. The first sense that came to me was the itching and tingling sensation on my left ear. I groaned while scratching it to get rid of the disturbance, "Why does it feel like some idiots are badmouthing me" I mumbled. After a while it disappeared, finally. My knuckle slowly rubbed the remainders of sleep from my eyes, as I soaked in the warmth of my covers before letting my vision greeted by the sun's rays. Sun's Rays!? I sat up straight, staring at the blue bright sky from the window. A sigh of relief and joy slipped out from my lips.

 

A small smile formed itself on my face as I stretched my back. That was a good sleep. Surely it was. A dreamless sleep without any nightmare, no work, a long-hour peaceful rest and I didn't even wake up once to roll over and go back to sleep. I was sleeping heavily. Which was a wonder since I always needed time to adapt at new place. I would awake for two hours waiting for sleep to take over me then occasionally wake up in the middle of the night. But last night, I fell asleep just like that? In...two seconds? My eyes caught the candles that had burned out, maybe it was because of the scent coming from it. It did smell nice.

 

I averted my gaze to the side and saw her, sleeping as she curled into a ball on the floor, a pillow supporting her head and...that was it? Where were her futon and blanke---Wait, I looked down at the soft sheets I was using, there were two mattresses and a blanket overlapping, while another duvet was on me. Guess that explain why I had no back pain. I shot her a glare. Why did she keep making me felt guilty. I huffed staring at her who was slightly quivering. We were in late November, nearing winter. I scooted near, hands moved from the futon to the floor surface and dammit, it was cold. I quickly tore off the duvet on me and quietly covered her up till the shoulder but she suddenly stirred in her sleep, slowly blinked her eyes.

 

I panicked. There was no way I'd let her know what I just wanted to do. After what had happened last night, she must think of me as a joke and that I still needed her. No no, the sun rose and I had no business here whatsoever. I instantly threw the duvet away, hitting the candle on the table and made it fell directly on the dog's head. It jumped out and barked from his slumber, ting the hell out of me. "Mina, Mina" I instinctively called out as I ran and crouched down behind her, hiding as both my hands gripped her shoulder. Damn! I forgot about this this creature.

 

Miss Myoui sat up straight and studied the situation before she pulled out her hands. The dog came to her like an obedient dude he was and leaned into her touch. She petted him under the chin, smiling. "She's no stranger." She softly said. The dog then tilted his head, and she seemed to nod then added "Later, I'll tell you later"

 

Oh, look. This girl had lost her mind.

 

She was exchanging a conversation with an animal. A furry and filthy beastie. I can't imagine the dirt, debris, and external parasites clinging on the dog coat skin. All the bacteria, all the germs. Gross. I watched as she motioned the dog then soon he went back to his tent, sparring me a look of warning before he walked away. The heck was that? The dog seemed not to like me. Good. Mutual dislike was my thing. I didn't like you to beastie.

 

"Breakfast?" She asked, turning her head towards me. I lowly hummed, before my stomach started to grumble embarrassing me again. She didn't move, neither I. An awkward silence engulfed us, bubbling our figure inside the stillness. I blinked and peeked on her, why she didn't-- "You need to release your grip so I can stand" She mumbled hesitantly. I was about to ask what that meant, when I just realized my hands were still tightly grasped her shoulder, keeping her in place. I retracted my hands then awkwardly pat her back. She stood and walked away.
 

 

A sudden pull shocked me as I suddenly lost my balance from crouching down and fell, face first. My left hand was hanging in the air. I groaned as I heard a gasp then Miss Myoui, helping me to sit. My eyes went to the tie encircled our wrist, I totally forgot about it. As I averted my gaze to her, it fell on her collarbone that was exposed as she wore a loose shirt. Her milky and soft-looking skin...I want to sniff that shoulders. The hell was that? I quickly looked away and met her eyes, she again had that dulled-penguin-sickening face. What now? She ran to her table, pulled one of the drawers and took out a small tissues pack, then hurriedly went back to me. "Your nose is bleeding" She said, her voice sounded like a distressed dolphin. I frowned, what was wrong with her. What did she say again? Oh, my nose is bleeding. Wait, what!? I quickly touched my lips as I felt a warm liquid traced on it. I froze as I stared at the red patch on my finger.

 

"Here" She gave me some tissues after stuffing my nostrils with it to stop the bleeding. "Are you okay?" She asked, examining my face.

 

"Of course" I answered, confidently. While in truth, my mind was in disbelief and denial. Now, why was my nose bleeding again? I wanted to believe, no I believed it was because I fell earlier, face first. Yup. No other reason accepted. It wasn't because of her exposed collarbone/shoulders, definitely not.

 

She nodded and took off the tie "I supposed, this isn't necessary anymore right?" I hummed from her question. She went to the kitchen and I couldn't stay another minute with the dog staring intensely at me. I scrambled to my feet and followed Miss Myoui, trailing her behind on whatever she did. I saw her making the same cup noodles like last night, nice. Wait, well twice was still acceptable, yeah. No more instant noodles after this. I noticed she was gliding from place to place with that odd way she walked, it was weirder and she did it more comfortably and maybe out of her conscious. Was it a habit? Bored, I tried to mimic it as I followed her around. Sometimes, I accidentally...intentionally kicked on her heel bone. When that happened, she would turn to me with a questioning look while I just shrugged.

 

She placed the cup on the tiny countertop, beside the sink as we had to wait for it to be cooked. I peeked from behind, and this time, it was really accidental when I stepped over her foot. She swung around as I impulsively backed away before our head bump together. She stared at me boringly with a defeated expression, and I just raised my chin. Mouthing "What?" She brought her gaze down and before I asked what was the matter, she stomped on my foot. Hard and powerful attack. T-that was unfair. I automatically squatted and crouched down in a silent scream, then grabbed my poor foot. Rolling over on the floor. She was really started to change. Since when she was this daring? Dammit Myoui.
 

 

2:10 p.m I'd changed into the spare clothes that I kept inside my car. A plain white shirt tucked inside the blue trouser. My plan was to drive home afterwards and took a shower there but I decided to bring her along, today. There was no way, I would let her spend another day here. Although, I admitted the place was peaceful yet it was still dangerous especially for a girl who lived alone. "Do these boxes go?" I asked, kicking the piles of cupboard boxes. She was sitting on the only chair in the room, looking at me.

 

"Is it really necessary to do this right now?"

 

"Yes" I demanded.

 

She sighed. "Yes. The boxes go" Standing up, she walked to the books arranged neatly against the wall, on one corner of the room. I wandered around. Since it was daylights now, I saw details I hadn't notice the night before. It seemed as if the room gave away more than she meant it to. Over the table are pictures of a girl that looked just like her, a sister I'm thinking. Around it was smaller pictures of the two of them, birthday parties and the likes. She seemed older, probably by a couple of years. That was everything, no father, no mother. I reached out, was about to take the picture frame and studied it closer but quick footsteps caught my attention. Miss Myoui was suddenly beside me. She snatched the frame and all the pictures before wordlessly walked away.

 

What was with that expression? She seemed offended and, sad. Feeling the current changes of the air, I clicked my tongue. Is the girl in the picture deceased? Maybe I shouldn't carelessly go over her privacy, but well it was displayed on the table and I'm just looking around. There was no need to be overdramatic by it. Whatever. Diverting my attention back to the boxes, I exclaimed, "Fine. I'll put those in the back seat. Your, ah, wardrobe can go in the trunk. What else do you have?"

 

"A few personal things." She said, back facing me.

 

I pushed an empty plastic laundry hamper her way. "Put them in there. Throw out any food you have." Somehow, I was glad when she turned around, eyes meeting mine. Rather than a hurt expression that I'd expected from earlier event, a strange look crossed her face. Good. I can't bear to feel any more guilt. I acknowledged the annoying and lingering feeling I had since my judging remark of her 'messing around', was guilt and pity. Though I hated it, I couldn't turn it off like some sort of button. If only I could, I would. Absolutely got no time to serve these unwanted emotions.

 

She blinked "I don't have any---except a few biscuits and cup noodles."

 

That was it? I could accept the cup noodles since it was delicious and I understand if she sometimes ate it once in a while. But to have only biscuits and instant noodles, did it meant she only consumed those? It was okay not to strictly follow the food pyramid guide but at least take a variety of foods. I unconsciously snorted. "Is eating a problem, too? No wonder you’re so disturbingly thin."

 

She tossed her head. "Are you going to even attempt to be polite? Or will you only save the effort for when we're in public?"

 

Shrugging, I lifted the first set of boxes. "I guess you’ll find out. Now, get your stuff. You're not coming back here." We packed and moved her things to my car. It took some time, going back and forth but soon it ended. She locked her apartment, as I carried the last box. "How about Ray?" She asked, voice laced with a concerned tone. 

 

My brows furrowed "Who's Ray?"

 

She lightly bit her lips, looking rather annoyed. "My dog" She said, squatting down to caress the creature's chin who was rubbing his head against her legs. It seemed as if the dog knew, his owner would leave. He kept clinging into her. Her eyes softened, playing with her pet. I felt like I didn't exist. Obviously, I wouldn't let the beastie came along, a dog in my house? No. Preparing to the argument that definitely will occur, I took a deep breath. Before I could even say anything, she went ahead. "If Ray isn't coming. I won't leave" She lowly stated, staring sharply at me. It wasn't even a stare but a glare worth a thousand daggers. This face was new. She felt very cold and gloomy.

 

I sighed. Whatever. There must be a way for me to throw the beastie away later. "Fine, bring the beastie" I said, walking away. A small bark and giggles from behind reached my ear. They sounded happy to be together. Beastie must have been her closest companions, wait, maybe, he was her only companion, I doubt Miss Myoui had any close friend. Seeing neither of them wanted to separate with each other, they had admirable relationships. Involuntarily, a small smile tugged my lips.

 

"Well, maybe I'll let you stay for a while beastie"




 

 

*  *  *  *

I opened the guest room door, striding in and turning on the light after I set down the same boxes I had loaded up on the other side of town. Together, after we made a few trips, we brought all the contents into her room. I stepped back and assessed the situation. It wasn't much. I was tempted to demand to know why she had so little, then decided it wasn't worth the fight. I could tell from the tense set of her shoulders and the way her lips pressed together, it was enough for today. As for beastie, Miss Myoui wanted him to stay inside her room with his tent. I didn't argue.

 

"This is for the best. Now when they ask you, you can honestly say we live together." I started, noticing her reluctance. "In the meantime, you have a place that’s safe and it’s far more comfortable. When we move forward, you can decorate the room to suit your taste. You have access to the whole villa. Besides the arcade room, there's a spa area downstairs.

 

"Is there a...dance studio?" she wondersd, a trace of wistfulness in her voice.

 

Dance studio? That was odd and unexpected. She looked stiff and clumsy, was there a chance she was a dancer? No. Imagining a timid, plain and weak Myoui Mina dancing hip hop, damn what a comedy. But, I didn't care. Maybe it was her hobby and somehow I felt strangely pleased to be able to tell her yes, I had a dance studio. I'd never use it, the studio was originally there when I bought the Villa. I guided her to the east wings and opened the door with a flourish, showing her the massive space and fully equipped studio. One wall was covered by floor to ceilings mirrors and a single black piano stood in the corner. For the first time, I saw a real smile on her face. One that filled only with joy. Even when she was with beastie, there was a mixture of sadness.

 

Was dance meant more than just a hobby? she looked very delighted. Ahh, Whatever. Rule 1, you shall respect privacy. I didn't wanna ask about it. Brushing the thought off, I clicked my tongue, "It's yours, Miss Myoui. Use it whenever you like."

 

"I will" she bobbed her head, enthusiastically.

 

I turned around and was about to walk her to the bedroom for her to unpack---not that she actually had lots of things to care. She suddenly spoke, eyes glued to the clock wall. "Is it okay for us to not enter the office?" She snapped her head towards me."What date is today?" Not waiting for my answer, she anxiously pulled out her small pad from her pocket, where there were a colourful sticky note and a calendar. I was about to call the office after she had settled down, my phone was in the car all the time and out of battery, I'm still charging it. "Don't you have a show to attend?" She asked. I thought for a while and opened my mouth to reply yet she cut me off again. "The small project that you said my assistance wasn't needed. Isn't it today at 4:30 p.m?"

 

I stared at her with my brow arched, "Are you going to let me speak or not?" She pressed her lips and slightly bowed. My mind was still bugging and lost the track from work. I recalled all project that I was handling at the moment. Show? Miss Myoui assistance wasn't needed? My eyes widened as I remembered the make-up show. The Chairman had warned me not to take it lightly even though it was a small project. Ignoring everything, I ran to my bedroom while glancing to my wristwatch. The clock arms pointed at 3:30 p.m. I had only an hour. I didn't even realise Miss Myoui was following me upstairs as I slammed open my walk-in closet, looking for a suitable suit.

 

"Go and take a bath while I pick the clothing for you. That will be faster." She suggested, lightly pushing me out from the closet. Not wanting to waste time, I nodded and went to the bathroom then took a quick shower. As I dashed out, there was a pair of silver suit, tied and black shirt laid on the bed with a yellow sticker that wrote 'I'm sorry if you don't like the clothing.' I quickly dressed up, there was no need for sorry. I knew that she was aware of all kind of suit pairing I hated and liked.

 

Jogging towards the dressing table, I snatched the comb and combed my hair as I descended the stairs with my tie draped over my shoulder. She was standing near the couch, and approached me as I went to the shoe rack. "I'd picked a pair for you." She said, taking the tie and placed it around my neck. She then pulled one side longer than the other while folding and looping pieces together. I was busy with the cufflinks on my sleeves. After she had done, she jogged to the kitchen and took the car key that sat on the dining table before handed it to me. She sent me outside, and I hurriedly drove off.

 

Sweat rolled down my skin in thick, salty beads. I could feel my heart throbbing inside my chest. Thankfully, there wasn't any traffic jam and the event only took fifteen minutes by car. As I entered the hall, the guest had started to walk out. I noticed Jeongyeon stood crossed arms at the back of the hall while the Marketing Director Cosmetic was standing up from his seat as the MC had informed that the event was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. There was that feeling in my stomach, a soft mixture between nausea and electric tingles. My head began to buzz. I heaved a deep sigh and walked to the stage.

 

Behind the podium I stood, adjusting my hair, my wilting collar, and the microphone in quick succession. "I'm the Executive Director, Son Chaeyoung. My apologies for the inconvenience but the event will start in a few more minutes, please take your seat" I bowed as a collective groan rose from the crowd but grateful as most seemed chose to sit and wait. I disappeared to the backstage and meet the manager yet he welcomed me with a scared look and news I didn't want to hear.

 

"You are telling me that you can't contact the hired yokel since three days ago" I hummed, slowly nodding. I felt my mouth widening into a grin before I grabbed his shirt and pulled him to his feet. "And you're just telling me now. Are you kidding me?" I asked between my gritted teeth, holding my temper since foreign eyes were everywhere. If only we were inside the company, he would've lost a limb. He ducked away from my stare and apologized. My hands clutched tightly on his shirt, felt like I was almost ripping it off. I slowly released my grip and sighed. "Delay the event for another 30 minutes, if you failed. You'll lose your job. If you succeed, still you'll lose your job but at least you'll walk out from this company alive" I hissed and strode away, bumping my shoulder against him who staggered backwards.

 

I stomped on the starter and the car moved down the street, fully depressed the clutch pedal and shifted into a higher gear as I added the speed. Vehicles on my traffic line kept laying on their horns. But I didn't give a damn care. My whole priority was on the ongoing project. It was a two-slot event where the first was make-up show transformation to promote the new cosmetic, the second was a fashion show to showcase our upcoming line of clothing. I was in charge with the former while Jeongyeon was the latter. I can't just change the slot since the timeline was already printed on the brochure that was handed to every guest.

 

I was seriously speeding to nowhere. Stopping my car on the side road, I tried to find a way out. A model, who was plain and shabby. I chuckled when a random person popped out inside my clever mind. She passed the role. I continued driving towards my own house, parked the car and rushed inside. Hoon greeted me on the main door and I asked where was Miss Myoui. He was baffled for a second before answering "She was in the laundry area" Hearing that, I dashed away finding the girl in the bathroom.

 

She was sitting on a small chair with two basins in front of her, diligently rubbing the clothes on the washboard. She was hand-washing my silky coat. It seemed that she didn't notice my presence. I was about to argue what the heck she was doing but I had no time for that. I snatched her hand and pulled her to her feet, she flinched before gaining her balance. My eyes examined her from head to toe, she had a penguin printed headscarf, pink rubber gloves, flowery apron, and sky blue training suit. Her face? Filled with genuine confusion and surprised, with a soap bubble on the tip of her nose. I cracked a smile. The rustic-looking countryside girl, the yokel. She was perfect.

 

"Why are you here and where are we going?" She asked as I stopped at the red lights, nervously glancing to my wristwatch. I ignored her complaint, knowing Myoui Mina was a reserved woman. She was great on her job but as a personal assistant, she had never taken the spotlight and silently worked behind the stage. It was what she comfortable with. If I were to tell her the truth, she would have definitely declined or in the insanity level, she probably jumped out of the car.

 

I spared her a look and snickered "The exact place where you have to go"

 

"I'm not going if you won't tell me where are we are heading"

 

She was becoming more persistent and I didn't like it one bit. This was getting harder and frustrating. Calming myself, I turned to her side "You..." Lost of excuses and words, my voice trailed off until my gaze fell upon her clothes. "By the way, where can you buy such a hideous looking training suit?"

 

"I am getting off"

 

Leaning to the passenger seat, I quickly stopped her hand from pulling the door handle "Wait, wait. Fine. I just need your help with the show. So, just come." I sighed. She looked at me like she was unsure. I could sense the doubt radiating from her like heat off radiator. This wouldn't work if she wasn't on board; I knew I had to convince her, but she was too questioning to easily persuade. The rest of the ride was loaded with her shrieking and holding tightly to the grab handle for dear life as I pressed the accelerator, feeling all the flesh on my face be tugged backwards by the g-force. Pulling out in front of the venue, I opened the door for her and caught her wrist as I dragged her inside. It seemed that the dude was succeeded as the hall was still occupied by the already impatient guest. I signal the MC to start who was like a chicken trapped inside a tiger cage, fidgeting behind the podium.

 

He nodded vigorously and took the microphone, "Ladies and gentlemen, how long have you been waiting for this moment? The true make-up show that Winter Cosmetic has prepared for you. The new winter arrival, 'The Snow On The Prairie'. Our team had found the perfect model for the show, please welcome her"  The hall resounded by a cacophony of applause.

 

"Get on the stage." I said, swung around and met her shaking eyes. She gasped, trying to escape my grip and run away. I knew this was coming. She looked like a frightened penguin who was forced to jump into the water where seals were ready to have their dinner. Shaking her head as she repeated the words 'No'.

 

"I don't want to go" She cried out.

 

The stress spread through my mind like ink on paper. I took in a deep, ragged breath before placing my hands, enclosed together on my hips. I ruffled my hair in frustration before cupping her cheeks to face me."I'll grant one of your wishes. So please get on the stage. Anything you want."

 

Her movement halted as if she was in deep thinking. "Y-you mean it?" Once again fear found her. It spoke to her in its cackling voice.

 

"Yes, I do!" I unintentionally raised my voice and it made her hung her head. Great Son, you make her upset. I lifted her chin, shocked when I saw her eyes went glacier. Dammit. Not this guiltiness again. Gulping down my pride, I whispered "I'm sorry". She turned her face, with an evident pout on her lips before she walked away and climbed the stage. I sighed, she was one difficult woman and I just realized it now.

 

As she was seated on the single chair in the centre of the stage with her stupid-looking training suit, a group of makeup artist attended her, almost towering her over. "Take a good look at the metamorphosis of this lady with our Winter Cosmetics" The MC announced, gesturing to the big screen that captured Miss Myoui's current appearance. Some whispering was heard that I assumed coming from our own workers. Every employee knew Miss Myoui, they must have taken aback when she appeared on the stage.

 

While the crowd waited, I frowned as the image of the training suit she wore crossed my mind. I ran out, catching a glimpse of Jeongyeon who was staring intently to Miss Myoui. She noticed my gaze then turned to me, raising her brows. I broke the intense eye contact, and glared at her before rushing to the nearest mall. I pointed to every dress that I thought matched Miss Myoui and guessed her size. But one particularly caught my attention, a floor-length apricot dress with beautiful satiny skirts. The store's wigged mannequin wore matching apricot shoes with dainty bows, like ballet slippers. I smiled and faced the saleswoman "I want this whole outfit too"

 

Running straight to the backstage, I was glad when the show was not over yet. "Tell the team to change her into this," I said to one of the staff, handing the shopping bag. She nodded before switching on her walkie talkie and began to talk. I walked back to the hall, my legs broke from beneath me and I collapsed onto the nearest empty seat. Tiredness came to me in both forms, physical from running around and mental from handling a damn penguin. My body needed to rest and my minds needed to be away from Miss Myoui. I took out my phone and went into the Twitter feeds, scrolling.
 

 

It took almost an hour when the MC started towards the stage. Miss Myoui was standing before a white cover, only her figure silhouette was seen as she was lightened by the main light behind her. Thick white smoke laid low and flowed like rivers across the stage. The effects created a magical background. I internally snickered, this set up was to fancy for her. It made us expecting a beauty pageant or famous celebrities, when it was just a boring woman.

 

"Now, the end result of the metamorphosis is behind the veil. You must remember how she looked like before, right? On the left screen was her an hour ago, and on the right side is her now. Are you ready?" The MC excitedly announced, a loud cheer echoed through the hall. "Well, here unveil the metamorphosis!"

 

The veil was slowly pulled, revealing her bit by bit. Sighing, I stood since those tall crowd heads were covering my vision. Wondering how weird she would look like. Never I was expecting, such sickening sight was awaiting me. There stood petite Miss Myoui. Her soft, ivory shoulders were exposed and her silky hair tied in an Aurora back twist hairstyle. Her lips were carefully tinted red and her skin was flawless. Her brown eyes shone like twin eclipse with a soft brown glow around her orbs. The apricot dress fit her body perfectly, and although she looked anxious. A small smile formed on her lips, adding the gentle touch on her features. I paused then grimaced. How was this possible? She was...

 

"Annoyingly beautiful"


 


 

________________________________

✒ Jun Kudo