Chapter II

What is Life?

 

HARUTO’S POV

 

“Okay nice shot!”

 

At last everything’s done.. I’m having a photoshoot for Channel, a brand that is also endorsed by Jennie sunbaenim.

 

“Look. He’s really a handsome one!”

 

“His big eyes… My God… I think I’m in love.”

 

“He’s so tall.. an ideal man of mine.. I wanna marry him.”

 

Tss.. I know I’m handsome. I always hear that since I was young. After being part of the treasure my popularity boosts up in just a month.

 

“Hey Haruto, still fond of hearing compliments from those girls?”

 

“Manager?”

 

What is manager doing here? I thought she won’t be able to come here. Tsk.. This is bad.

 

“What? Seems you’re not happy seeing me here?”

 

Yeah.. I’m not.

 

“What’s with the surprise appearance here manager?”

 

“Well, I just want to make sure that a kid will not make his OWN agenda once again.”

 

She smiles at me but I know what that smile means. She is warning me not to do unnecessary things once again. Manager is really an annoying one.

 

“Yeah.. Yeah… As if I can do something with you all around. Why not just apply for body guard manager?”

 

“Oh! That’s a great idea Haruto! If that will happen, I can now point a gun to each of the Treasure once you make chaotic situation again.”

 

Manager really is a scary one. How could she think of that? No wonder, all of the members are afraid to her. I just smile at her awkwardly.

 

“Manager, I’m just joking. Don’t take it seriously. You’re beauty is not for a bodyguard but for a great manager of Treasure.”

 

“Tsk.. I know that.”

 

She punches me lightly and giggles. Maybe she was too happy hearing someone complimenting her. Tsk..

 

I look at my watch, It’s already 6 in the evening. I should be out now. But how can I l leave with manager beside me. I should think of an excuse.

 

“Ah manager..”

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll go first to the CR before going home. I think I have an upset stomach. Maybe I ate something that I shouldn’t have.”

 

She looked at me and her eyes were sharpening as if she was not believing me..

 

She’s not taking it. I think I should use now my acting skills.

 

“AHHHH… AHHH… Manager… It Hurts… My stomach..”

 

I sit down holding my stomach.. Please take this acting manager..

 

 

“Yeah! Haruto!”

 

 

Did she take it? I think I should act more.

 

 

“AHHHH…. MY GOD… AHHH… M-MY S-STOMACH…”

 

 

“HARUTOOOO!!!!! YEAH ARE YOU ALRIGHT? I WILL CALL AN AMBULANCE.”

 

 

Oh yeah! She takes it. Manager is now kneeling in front of me and worriedly typing a number in his phone.

 

“M-Manager I just need to go to the CR, no need to call an ambulance.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Y-Yes.”

 

“Okay well then. Go now to the CR. I’ll just be waiting here.”

 

“Thank you manager.”

 

I walked to the CR still holding my stomach not because it hurts but because of holding my laughter. Once I got inside the CR, I let my laugh burst out… hahahahaha. Aside from an idol, I think I should also be an actor. Manager takes my acting. I should get an Oscar Award for this.

 

But I’m not done yet, I should leave this area without anyone knowing. But how will I do it? I look at the window but it’s too narrow that only 5-year old kid can only pass from it.

 

“Hey wait for me, I’ll just change my clothes.”

 

A man came seems that he is ready to change clothes.

 

“Oh crap, I think I forgot my underwear on the car.”

 

He immediately goes out and leaves his clothes on the chair.

 

I just smile. This will be a great way to escape.

 

I got his clothes and change. I left my clothes on the chair. At least I didn’t get his clothes with no exchange. I wear the jacket and a cap. It’s not branded but it’s better.

 

I peek at the door and saw my manager playing on her phone. Okay, it’s the best time. I went out and walk as fast as I can. I made sure that my cap will cover my eyes well. Once, I pass on the side of manager, I immediately run on the street.

 

 

“WOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m out!”

 

 

Haruto you are really the best. Sneaking out made me relax somehow. I walked on the street of busy people. There are many students walking and vendors on the side. I wore my face mask. I always make sure that I bring one if in case of emergency like this. After a minute of walking, my phone ring.

 

“Yow Manager.”

 

“WHERE ARE YOU HARUTO?!”

 

I can imagine her face reddening out of anger.

 

“Hey manager, I told you that my stomach is upset. But I think CR is not an answer for this so I’m looking now for food that may fill my stomach.”

 

“YAHHHH! HARUTO! YOU COME BACK HERE!”

 

“I’ll be back manager, maybe after hours?”

 

“WHAT???! YOU HARUTO! YOU REALLY WANNA BE KILLED HUH?!”

 

“Enjoy your day manager.”

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAA”

 

I off my phone and continue walking. I’ll just let her kill me later. Hahaha…

 

“Haruto let’s enjoy this night.”

 

 

 ICE’S POV

“Do you really need to go to your job Ice?”

 

My mom is now looking at me with pity and I really don’t like it. She looks at my bruises which I tried to cover using my jacket.

 

“Mom I’m alright. Besides it’s not the first time that man hit me, I’m used to this. You know I’m a strong woman.”

 

I smiled at her to give her the assurance that I’m alright but I can see in her eyes that she is still worried.

 

“I’m sorry Ice..”

 

“Stop saying that mom, you do nothing bad to say that.”

 

I hugged her. I’m the bad one here. I’m sorry mom…

 

I felt someone is lightly pulling my jacket. And I saw this cute little one here.

 

“Unnie.. you going work?”

 

“Yeah, Gunho.. noona will be out to work so be good to mom. Arasso?”

 

“Yes noona.. chocolate me noona?”

 

 “Oh you want chocolate Gunho? “

 

He nods continuously. Gunho is my little brother and he’s just 3 years old so he can’t express yet himself well through words.

 

“Okay. Okay. How can I say no to this cute baby.”

 

I pinch the cheeks of Gunho. He really is cute. I smiled at him. Mom and Gunho give me the reason to continue living.

 

“Mom I’m going now..”

 

“Take care Ice.”

 

I started walking going to my job. Actually I worked full time in a Milk Tea Store. It was 2 years ago when I was employed here. I’m trying to study while working before but I decided to save money first. Besides, my salary here can only suffice the need of my family. My mom can’t work because she is asthmatic so we decided to just let her stay at home. Gunho is 3 years old now so I’m also saving money for his schooling after two years. Wish I can really save a lot. And that man, he has no work, all he knows to do is to drink alcohol and hit me if he wants to. I can’t call him father because for sure I’ll receive another slap once I do.

 

“Ice’s are you alright?”

 

“Zena I’m alright.”

 

Here is a friend of mine, Zena. I met her when we were both employed at the same time. She knows everything in my life.

 

“Are you hit once again by that man?”

 

“There’s nothing new with that.”

 

“How can you act like that? You’re his daughter for God’s sake. He should not do that.”

 

“You know the reason.”

 

“But it’s not your fault.”

 

I look at Zena signalling her to stop and she just looks down grasping what I mean. We continued working for the customers were coming.

 

“Two Okinawa and one Red Velvet.”

 

“May I repeat you order sir, two Okinawa and one Red Velvet.”

 

“Ah yeah.”

 

“That will be P450.00 sir”

 

We worked up until 10 in the evening. Since we need to clean, it was 11 in the evening when we got out the store.

 

Yah Ice, I need to go now.”

 

“Yeah, take care Zena. See you tomorrow.”

 

I was on my way home when I remembered Gunho. He is asking for chocolate. I only have P50.00 left. If I’ll use this, I’ll need to walk for few hours to get home. But…

I shook my head… Ice you should think wisely on this matter. Chocolate or Bus?

 

After few minutes of thinking I’m now here in front of 7’11. Yeah. I chose chocolate. I’d rather see Gunho smiles than seeing him upset. Besides walking kilometres is a good exercise in the evening.

 

“Here ma’am. Thank you for buying. Come again.”

 

I got the chocolate and was satisfied. For sure Gunho will like this.

 

I started walking again, when I heard group of people screaming. And wait they’re running and following a man… and coming to my direction? Ommo… They are so many. I don’t know why but I stated running and hide on this dark ally. I know they are not after me but it’s maybe my adrenaline rush that pushed me to run. I really don’t like seeing people chasing someone.

 

I was about to leave the ally. When a hand grabs me and push me to the wall.

 

Who’s this man? Wearing black pants, black jacket, black cap, and a face mask? He’s like men in black but I think I already saw him…

 

No… He’s the one being chase by those girls.

 

“W-Who a-are y-you?”

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter III will be out soon so please continue supporting... <3 <3 <3